R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   ROAR 2014 National Bids Info (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/738959-roar-2014-national-bids-info.html)

syndr0me 06-28-2013 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM (Post 12299198)
Trinity or their OEM tuners sponsor 99% of the fastest spec class racers. That means they will probably sweep 17.5 and 13.5 with whatever they show up with.

It didn't help them at IIC.

losi888 06-28-2013 01:27 PM

As soon as a new motor is approved then the d3.5 becomes illegal. What happens if the new motor is approved less then 14 days prior to the nationals. Then are both motors not allowed to run.

AdrianM 06-28-2013 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by syndr0me (Post 12299337)
It didn't help them at IIC.

I am not saying Trinity is the best. I am saying if you shoot at something with a shotgun chances are high that you are going to hit it.

Honestly the thing Trinity is better at than anyone is marketing. I don't think any recently released BL motor is head and shoulders better than any other. You just have to figure out how to set it up, gear it right and it will be fast. However, ask just about anyone else and they will say the D3.5 is the fastest motor for spec classes....because of brilliant marketing.

AdrianM 06-28-2013 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by losi888 (Post 12299339)
As soon as a new motor is approved then the d3.5 becomes illegal. What happens if the new motor is approved less then 14 days prior to the nationals. Then are both motors not allowed to run.

Honestly I think this is all a moot point. I think most guys will be running the Kill Shot. I think its faster than my D3.5 17.5.

Odin544 06-28-2013 02:27 PM

The point is that if a guy buys a D3.5 preparing for Nats and then its not legal, they then need to go out and buy something else. Seems pretty simple to me. Wouldn't you want to know whats allowed and whats not prior to a race? Or do you just show up and try to figure it out the day of? It really has nothing to do with what is the fastest motor. It has to do with what motor someone wants to run and whether it will be legal or not.

syndr0me 06-28-2013 02:32 PM

This sounds like a great discussion for one of the D35 threads moved to the chat lounge to die. It's a very polarizing topic that will derail any thread where it comes up.

bhambrent 06-28-2013 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 12293060)
Ive talked to Dirla (Thunder RC) about bidding. He is on the fence right now. We have almost all the lights replaced and enough pits for about 75 people right now but will be expanding that in the fall to go over 100 people (These are 4 people on 4x8 tables plus some places for other tables to be setup. This is if we dont put pits on the off road track as well. The place will be getting a paint job as well in the carpet room. A new heating system is also possibly in the works but a lot of times here in March it may not be needed anyway.

His biggest concern is where we would put the tech crew at for the event. Im working on him so we will see if he wants to do this or not. The track is great. Just got to work on the facility itself some to bring it to a level for a National event.

EA

That would be so cool if you guys had the roar nats.:eek: A budget racer like me would be able to make it to a roar race.:tire: I have my fingers crossed.:nod:

hanulec 06-28-2013 03:28 PM

whomever bids on the carpet nats should get this d3.5 thing on lock down. it will make for happier racers and track owners ;)

maybe it is time for some asphalt action in NJ again?? :)

Rick Hohwart 06-28-2013 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by hanulec (Post 12299689)
...maybe it is time for some asphalt action in NJ again?? :)

:nod:

geeunit1014 06-28-2013 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by hanulec (Post 12299689)
maybe it is time for some asphalt action in NJ again?? :)

Dear lord please

Kevin K 06-28-2013 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by AdrianM (Post 12299459)
....ask just about anyone else and they will say the D3.5 is the fastest motor for spec classes....because of brilliant marketing.

Its the fastest 17.5 motor because its not legal due to larger wire than what is allowed....period...everyone else followed the rules so they have to sit back and suffer while this motor is legal but Trinity is brilliant. :rolleyes:

Marketing huh...so having an illegal motor that causes massive shit storm for racers and tracks is brilliant marketing. :rolleyes:

DanDanDan3 06-28-2013 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin K (Post 12299755)
Its the fastest 17.5 motor because its not legal due to larger wire than what is allowed....period...everyone else followed the rules so they have to sit back and suffer while this motor is legal but Trinity is brilliant. :rolleyes:

Marketing huh...so having an illegal motor that causes massive shit storm for racers and tracks is brilliant marketing. :rolleyes:

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia...dead-horse.gif