Wiki Posts
Search

2013 LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" W/SCOTTY ERNST

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB Moose

For sign ups, they could hand out numbered tickets and then call us up in blocks so we don't have to just stand in line.
But we like watching you guys stand in line while we sit on our rears and get...oh wait...family show.

Yes it will be something like the ticket process. Since I haven't been part of that process before the immediate question I have is when do you get your ticket?

Originally Posted by Syxxstring
Is spec gt going to have an fdr rule again?
Yes, discussions are on-going about the fdr for Spec GT. My confidence level is at 80% to the yes side. What that fdr will be is still tbd.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All signed up for my first IIC. Cant wait!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 10:30 AM
Team Tekin

Sounds like most people were pretty happy with last years Spec GT class setup using 4.5 FDR and 30deg of timing on the motors. We definitely think the class needs an FDR to keep everyone from pushing the motors to meltdown. In the spirit of the class everyone is on pace right from the beginning. To make a little bigger difference from stock speeds we could set the motors with less timing to slow it down a little more.

We are thinking 10deg on the motors with a 4.5 FDR and Spec mode on the esc... the only mode the RS Spec has
Old 09-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Tech Adept

What connectors and wiring will be on the Spec GT ESCs and motors when we get them? Just bare kit we wire ourselves? Wired up with Deans, bullets, bare battery leads? Just trying to figure out what to put on the packing list.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Just saw on Facebook that Freddy Sudhoff is coming over for Awesomatix! Also Yokomo Driver and past ETS Champion Zdenko Kunak will be in attendance as well! Going to be a great year!

EA
Old 09-05-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez

We are thinking 10deg on the motors with a 4.5 FDR and Spec mode on the esc... the only mode the RS Spec has
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having completely different power then normal stock or amateur sedan.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:46 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by cgroves
What connectors and wiring will be on the Spec GT ESCs and motors when we get them? Just bare kit we wire ourselves? Wired up with Deans, bullets, bare battery leads? Just trying to figure out what to put on the packing list.
We will have bulk 14awg wire that can be cut to length so you can do the install, or we are happy to solder it up for you. You will need your own battery connectors.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
But we like watching you guys stand in line while we sit on our rears and get...oh wait...family show.

Yes it will be something like the ticket process. Since I haven't been part of that process before the immediate question I have is when do you get your ticket? .....
Kraig, you could put a single roll of raffle tickets at the door as people walk in. A sign could tell everyone to take one and the purpose of the tickect (so people dont take a bunch thinking they are raffle tickets). Call numbers 1-20, then 21-40, and so on. At the end, those who were missed.

I'll admit, standing in line is rough.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:21 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having completely different power then normal stock or amateur sedan.
I agree. Part of what made the class fun was lowering the complications. 4.5 was great.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Just saw on Facebook that Freddy Sudhoff is coming over for Awesomatix! Also Yokomo Driver and past ETS Champion Zdenko Kunak will be in attendance as well! Going to be a great year!

EA
Gonna be some big names in the Mod classes this year!
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

I agree too! Make it so!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
Sounds like most people were pretty happy with last years Spec GT class setup using 4.5 FDR and 30deg of timing on the motors. We definitely think the class needs an FDR to keep everyone from pushing the motors to meltdown. In the spirit of the class everyone is on pace right from the beginning. To make a little bigger difference from stock speeds we could set the motors with less timing to slow it down a little more.

Make it so #1!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports

EA
Nice, I think Awesomatix will be well represented at IIC this year.

Last edited by bkspeedo; 09-05-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Wow, I'm PUMPED to see all the European drivers coming over here for IIC! It sucks sitting this one out, but as a spectator, it's going to be a great race to watch.
Old 09-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer
Kraig, you could put a single roll of raffle tickets at the door as people walk in. A sign could tell everyone to take one and the purpose of the tickect (so people dont take a bunch thinking they are raffle tickets). Call numbers 1-20, then 21-40, and so on. At the end, those who were missed.

I'll admit, standing in line is rough.
We will figure it out before and it should be easier than standing in line like last year.

Updates have been made to the approved motor list and the speed control list is posted as well, just click here.

So I took a look at the entry list today and I can tell you that right now Stock 17.5 is TQ with the most entries. Coming in second is Amateur class. Still plenty of time to sign up.

The site will be going down for a little maintenance but it shouldn't be down for very long. So if you do get an error message don't panic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.