R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2013, 09:54 AM   #466
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,486
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post

For sign ups, they could hand out numbered tickets and then call us up in blocks so we don't have to just stand in line.
But we like watching you guys stand in line while we sit on our rears and get...oh wait...family show.

Yes it will be something like the ticket process. Since I haven't been part of that process before the immediate question I have is when do you get your ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syxxstring View Post
Is spec gt going to have an fdr rule again?
Yes, discussions are on-going about the fdr for Spec GT. My confidence level is at 80% to the yes side. What that fdr will be is still tbd.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:27 AM   #467
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Portlandia
Posts: 3,341
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

All signed up for my first IIC. Cant wait!!!
__________________
Time Zone Raceways www.Timezonehobbies.com
www.ColinBranch.com
C Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:30 AM   #468
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

Sounds like most people were pretty happy with last years Spec GT class setup using 4.5 FDR and 30deg of timing on the motors. We definitely think the class needs an FDR to keep everyone from pushing the motors to meltdown. In the spirit of the class everyone is on pace right from the beginning. To make a little bigger difference from stock speeds we could set the motors with less timing to slow it down a little more.

We are thinking 10deg on the motors with a 4.5 FDR and Spec mode on the esc... the only mode the RS Spec has
__________________
[email protected]
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
www.teamtekin.com
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:37 AM   #469
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 119
Default

What connectors and wiring will be on the Spec GT ESCs and motors when we get them? Just bare kit we wire ourselves? Wired up with Deans, bullets, bare battery leads? Just trying to figure out what to put on the packing list.
__________________
On Road: VBC WF D06, A700 Evo, Mi5
Off Road: K1, DEX408
cgroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #470
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Just saw on Facebook that Freddy Sudhoff is coming over for Awesomatix! Also Yokomo Driver and past ETS Champion Zdenko Kunak will be in attendance as well! Going to be a great year!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #471
Tech Master
 
HB Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Surf City, USA
Posts: 1,080
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post

We are thinking 10deg on the motors with a 4.5 FDR and Spec mode on the esc... the only mode the RS Spec has
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having completely different power then normal stock or amateur sedan.
__________________
Bruce "Moose" Riedinger
HB Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #472
Team Tekin
 
Tekin Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,047
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgroves View Post
What connectors and wiring will be on the Spec GT ESCs and motors when we get them? Just bare kit we wire ourselves? Wired up with Deans, bullets, bare battery leads? Just trying to figure out what to put on the packing list.
We will have bulk 14awg wire that can be cut to length so you can do the install, or we are happy to solder it up for you. You will need your own battery connectors.
__________________
[email protected]
Smarter, Smaller, Faster....
www.teamtekin.com
Tekin Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #473
Tech Champion
 
F. Mendoza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: SoCal
Posts: 7,232
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
But we like watching you guys stand in line while we sit on our rears and get...oh wait...family show.

Yes it will be something like the ticket process. Since I haven't been part of that process before the immediate question I have is when do you get your ticket? .....
Kraig, you could put a single roll of raffle tickets at the door as people walk in. A sign could tell everyone to take one and the purpose of the tickect (so people dont take a bunch thinking they are raffle tickets). Call numbers 1-20, then 21-40, and so on. At the end, those who were missed.

I'll admit, standing in line is rough.
__________________
RC America - Xray - Hudy - Gravity RC - KO Propo - Super Rad Graphics

Mr. Shookie goes home 10-06-08. Bill Levinson 4-14-15
F. Mendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #474
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 179
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having completely different power then normal stock or amateur sedan.
I agree. Part of what made the class fun was lowering the complications. 4.5 was great.
Syxxstring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #475
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Just saw on Facebook that Freddy Sudhoff is coming over for Awesomatix! Also Yokomo Driver and past ETS Champion Zdenko Kunak will be in attendance as well! Going to be a great year!

EA
Gonna be some big names in the Mod classes this year!
JamesL_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #476
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Moose View Post
Sounds good to me. I like the idea of having completely different power then normal stock or amateur sedan.
I agree too! Make it so!!!
Graphitedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #477
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
Sounds like most people were pretty happy with last years Spec GT class setup using 4.5 FDR and 30deg of timing on the motors. We definitely think the class needs an FDR to keep everyone from pushing the motors to meltdown. In the spirit of the class everyone is on pace right from the beginning. To make a little bigger difference from stock speeds we could set the motors with less timing to slow it down a little more.

We are thinking 10deg on the motors with a 4.5 FDR and Spec mode on the esc... the only mode the RS Spec has

Make it so #1!!!!!!
Graphitedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:01 PM   #478
Tech Elite
 
bkspeedo's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Fort Fun, CO
Posts: 3,139
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
Just saw on Facebook that Freddy Sudhoff is coming over for Awesomatix! Also Yokomo Driver and past ETS Champion Zdenko Kunak will be in attendance as well! Going to be a great year!

EA
Nice, I think Awesomatix will be well represented at IIC this year.
__________________
Brent Klingforth
Sponsors: Awesomatix USA ~ Roche USA ~ ORCA ~ AVID Bearings ~ R1 Wurks
TQ Wire ~ Montech ~ WTF ~ BSR Racing Tires ~ 2mm Design ~ Helix Designs
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com

Last edited by bkspeedo; 09-05-2013 at 02:39 PM.
bkspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 02:19 PM   #479
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Wow, I'm PUMPED to see all the European drivers coming over here for IIC! It sucks sitting this one out, but as a spectator, it's going to be a great race to watch.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #480
Super Moderator
 
Kraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 6,486
Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus Racer View Post
Kraig, you could put a single roll of raffle tickets at the door as people walk in. A sign could tell everyone to take one and the purpose of the tickect (so people dont take a bunch thinking they are raffle tickets). Call numbers 1-20, then 21-40, and so on. At the end, those who were missed.

I'll admit, standing in line is rough.
We will figure it out before and it should be easier than standing in line like last year.

Updates have been made to the approved motor list and the speed control list is posted as well, just click here.

So I took a look at the entry list today and I can tell you that right now Stock 17.5 is TQ with the most entries. Coming in second is Amateur class. Still plenty of time to sign up.

The site will be going down for a little maintenance but it shouldn't be down for very long. So if you do get an error message don't panic.
__________________
There is great need for a sarcasm font.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net