Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Even if you look closely you will see that more often use the spool,
Differ very useful option, but I believe that it would be correct to buy a spool version and buy the differential as an option.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:07 AM
Tech Initiate

At the last ets race Ronald Volker was using a diff in the front of his car. Its a hard one to say there is no yes or no answer it is what's best suited to the driver and the track on the day I think the best way to go is with the spool kit as the front drive shafts work with both a spool and a diff .
Old 07-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Sandy Iavazzo
At the last ets race Ronald Volker was using a diff in the front of his car. Its a hard one to say there is no yes or no answer it is what's best suited to the driver and the track on the day I think the best way to go is with the spool kit as the front drive shafts work with both a spool and a diff .
Exactly.

The value of Spool + Diff is higher to upgrade a two diff version kit, than the cost of a second kit for a spool version kit.

So, my recommendation is to go with the spool version. Two diff version is more interesting as second car, for people who takes 1 as spare parts.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:56 AM
Tech Adept

Spool vs Diff, well you could go on forever, both are wicked tuning aids, the Spool will give you wicked corner exit power, and is really good for an aggressive driver, once you are hooked into the turn, you can put the hammer down and power through the turn and the rear will follow. The diff will allow for more front rotation and is great if you need some more initial turn in or the track conditions are making the car Push at corner entry, but if you try and hammer the throttle too early you can over steer quite abruptly. So each to their own really.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Today we raced at tftr in Melbourne and the cars where fantastic and so fast team magic myself and sandy 2 fastest cars out there!
I am starting to like this car more and more every time I drive it.
We tried different set ups every run and I love how this car responds to setup change.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 3rd outing this car is awesome

The rain decided to give us a small break, so we ran in the night under the lights. The format was just heads up racing. I used this opportunity to test setups by shortening the links and I definitely agree the car does respond well to small changes. As a bonus I decided to loan the top drivers a heat to compare against their cars. I returned the car to box stock except diff up front 2.5million cst oil. All except one bettered their time. I have a few believers now

I changed motors and had a difficult time fitting the gears on and aligned.
Anyone expierenced this?

Can't wait to run again
Tino
Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trickd122
The rain decided to give us a small break, so we ran in the night under the lights. The format was just heads up racing. I used this opportunity to test setups by shortening the links and I definitely agree the car does respond well to small changes. As a bonus I decided to loan the top drivers a heat to compare against their cars. I returned the car to box stock except diff up front 2.5million cst oil. All except one bettered their time. I have a few believers now

I changed motors and had a difficult time fitting the gears on and aligned.
Anyone expierenced this?

Can't wait to run again
Tino
This can be a problem with some motors on a lot of newer cars because the motors are very close in to centreline of car and a lot of motors don't have a big enough flat spot to put on pinion!! So It is common with most new cars yes..
But also the advantage with this car as say against xray is that u can move the motor mount in and out witch is 1 thing I really love as opposed to xray and tamiya and cars like that u would need to use other ways to shim the motor not the motor mount..
So also make sure u read manual correct and and have right amount of shims so its not on an angle if that's also your problem??
Old 07-28-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ckracer
This can be a problem with some motors on a lot of newer cars because the motors are very close in to centreline of car and a lot of motors don't have a big enough flat spot to put on pinion!! So It is common with most new cars yes..
But also the advantage with this car as say against xray is that u can move the motor mount in and out witch is 1 thing I really love as opposed to xray and tamiya and cars like that u would need to use other ways to shim the motor not the motor mount..
So also make sure u read manual correct and and have right amount of shims so its not on an angle if that's also your problem??
Thanks. Without shims on the layshaft side and 1mm on the motormount it's very close almost passing the flat spot. This is with a any of the trinity motors. I see in your sig you are using the team powers motors. How do u have it shimmed?
Old 07-28-2013, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Duplicate
Old 07-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trickd122
Thanks. Without shims on the layshaft side and 1mm on the motormount it's very close almost passing the flat spot. This is with a any of the trinity motors. I see in your sig you are using the team powers motors. How do u have it shimmed?
I run mine the same its standard.
What I do is dremmil a longer flat spot on the rotor where the pinion goes on if u look at a reedy motor its flat spot goes all the way to base of motor I'm sure more motor companies will start doing longer flat spot soon ill put a picture up when I am home for u to see
Old 07-28-2013, 07:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Here Is pics I said I would put up from what I and a lot of guys have to do with there motors its not the neatest job but it works
If u see 1 motors flat spot been taken closest to case I can get it
Attached Thumbnails NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO-screenshot_2013-07-29-12-21-20.jpg  
Old 07-28-2013, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default For Sale

Dear all:

I have a brand new Team Magic RSIIEVO for sale within USA.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...uring-car.html

Thanks
Best Regards
MK
Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ckracer
Here Is pics I said I would put up from what I and a lot of guys have to do with there motors its not the neatest job but it works
If u see 1 motors flat spot been taken closest to case I can get it
Nice, what I was doing was flipping the pinion gear around so the bottom would face the tip of the motor
Old 07-29-2013, 02:05 AM
Tech Rookie

By the way, who and what set of springs used? collecting information for my thoughts.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Viktor
By the way, who and what set of springs used? collecting information for my thoughts.
Where I race the stock springs do the trick. I do always have my hotbodies silvers always. I have yet to need them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.