Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F201

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2004, 06:49 PM

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Unfortunately I will be moving at the end of this month and won't be going to any TCS regionals . If I'm lucky, I'll be able to go to the TCS nats next year for the past chumps race.
well alrighty then, i guess it'll be 2006 when we next race each other
Old 09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Perhaps sooner, you never know.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by jackhammer74
I was competing at a local event yesterday, and I thought I was all set to go, until the first qualifier started, right away or actually upon entering the first turn I noticed that there was something wrong with my car, it kept sliding out of control, in the way an F103 would when you gave it too much throttle input, at first I thought it was something wrong with the tires or the suspension.
After pulling it off the track I checked the diffs' rotation and found that the front wheels were completely loose, I figured SH$%! I blew the diff. Upon closer inspection I found the problem the diff didn't blow, the screw that holds it together did. I checked the rear and sure enough the screw broke too. I asked a couple of pretty experienced F201 racers, the Hickman brothers. (if you guys have been racing F201 for a while, then you know who they are)
Anyway they told me to switch to the hopup diff. I've searched all over, is there such a thing? From any manufacturer? Or were they talking about the delrin outdrives, the hopup rings, and balls.
How about the screw does Tamiya make a stronger one?
Sorry about the lenghty post guys, but thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
You were at the Laurel Charity Race?
Old 09-14-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Regular

Yes sir, this is my fifth year, this time I raced Tamiya stock and attempted to race F201
Old 09-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ahh the F201 is a more interesting car to drive then stock cars. A lot more challenging and its heavily important on the driver. I like it, cause I don't know so much about the tuning and maintenence of motors as much (i know bits) but I am a good driver, I know that (not to sound arrogant). It's just that I've had more time to play with my F201 (my first car) and I haven't really focused much on touring cars. After I have won the TCS Australia and won the Worlds in F1, I intend to focus more on touring cars. Hahahaha, I will probably be racing in F1 till I die!!!
Old 09-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone sell a replacement set of screws for the F201 which are standard hex? Would they be TCS Legal?

Ray
Old 09-14-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally posted by rayray2030
Does anyone sell a replacement set of screws for the F201 which are standard hex? Would they be TCS Legal?

Ray
Stainless steel screw sets are available @ formula1-rc.com
Titanium screw sets are available at both formula1-rc.com and speedtechrc.com

The North American TCS program does allow for non tamiya screws but they are currently not legal for worlds in Japan.

Mark
Old 09-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jackhammer74
Yes sir, this is my fifth year, this time I raced Tamiya stock and attempted to race F201
How did you do in F201 in Laurel?
Old 09-14-2004, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Ahh the F201 is a more interesting car to drive then stock cars. A lot more challenging and its heavily important on the driver. I like it, cause I don't know so much about the tuning and maintenence of motors as much (i know bits) but I am a good driver, I know that (not to sound arrogant). It's just that I've had more time to play with my F201 (my first car) and I haven't really focused much on touring cars. After I have won the TCS Australia and won the Worlds in F1, I intend to focus more on touring cars. Hahahaha, I will probably be racing in F1 till I die!!!
Good luck at your nationals. When is it?
Old 09-14-2004, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtveten
Stainless steel screw sets are available @ formula1-rc.com
Titanium screw sets are available at both formula1-rc.com and speedtechrc.com

The North American TCS program does allow for non tamiya screws but they are currently not legal for worlds in Japan.

Mark
I like the OEM screws that come in the kit. No need spending the extra cash on the screws. Except maybe for show on a non TCS car.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like the OEM screws that come in the kit. No need spending the extra cash on the screws. Except maybe for show on a non TCS car.
Neil, that's because you didn't have to race me. Good for 2 tenths
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Initiate

I am under the impression that the OEM screws are philips head? If that is the case I much rather have hex screws. I am not looking for performance or a weight savings from the other screw sets just hex that's all.

Ray
Old 09-14-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rtypec
Neil, that's because you didn't have to race me. Good for 2 tenths
I did race you, and you sucked! Your brother did better than you! I remember specifically because you gave me the finger after qualifying.

Just to refresh your memory, it was a F1RL race at Tamiya, you and G raced. You were in the B, G was in the A.

Sorry to be so blunt.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rayray2030
I am under the impression that the OEM screws are philips head? If that is the case I much rather have hex screws. I am not looking for performance or a weight savings from the other screw sets just hex that's all.

Ray
It's good to have hex screws, but phillips screws work just fine on plastic.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Good luck at your nationals. When is it?
Australian TCS is on Oct 1-3. Should be good. At the moment we have about close to 20 entries in F1 and hopefully should get more by closing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.