R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2004, 07:49 PM   #1786
Registered User
 
ritchie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 2,044
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Unfortunately I will be moving at the end of this month and won't be going to any TCS regionals . If I'm lucky, I'll be able to go to the TCS nats next year for the past chumps race.
well alrighty then, i guess it'll be 2006 when we next race each other
ritchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:31 AM   #1787
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Perhaps sooner, you never know.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:04 AM   #1788
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jackhammer74
I was competing at a local event yesterday, and I thought I was all set to go, until the first qualifier started, right away or actually upon entering the first turn I noticed that there was something wrong with my car, it kept sliding out of control, in the way an F103 would when you gave it too much throttle input, at first I thought it was something wrong with the tires or the suspension.
After pulling it off the track I checked the diffs' rotation and found that the front wheels were completely loose, I figured SH$%! I blew the diff. Upon closer inspection I found the problem the diff didn't blow, the screw that holds it together did. I checked the rear and sure enough the screw broke too. I asked a couple of pretty experienced F201 racers, the Hickman brothers. (if you guys have been racing F201 for a while, then you know who they are)
Anyway they told me to switch to the hopup diff. I've searched all over, is there such a thing? From any manufacturer? Or were they talking about the delrin outdrives, the hopup rings, and balls.
How about the screw does Tamiya make a stronger one?
Sorry about the lenghty post guys, but thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
You were at the Laurel Charity Race?
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 08:34 AM   #1789
Tech Regular
 
jackhammer74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: maryland
Posts: 352
Default

Yes sir, this is my fifth year, this time I raced Tamiya stock and attempted to race F201
jackhammer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM   #1790
Tech Elite
 
F. Alonso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,141
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to F. Alonso Send a message via Yahoo to F. Alonso
Default

Ahh the F201 is a more interesting car to drive then stock cars. A lot more challenging and its heavily important on the driver. I like it, cause I don't know so much about the tuning and maintenence of motors as much (i know bits) but I am a good driver, I know that (not to sound arrogant). It's just that I've had more time to play with my F201 (my first car) and I haven't really focused much on touring cars. After I have won the TCS Australia and won the Worlds in F1, I intend to focus more on touring cars. Hahahaha, I will probably be racing in F1 till I die!!!
__________________
Simon Feigl
RCRacer.com.au - Dedicated Australian Forum and Website

XRAY | HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 11:40 AM   #1791
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 24
Send a message via AIM to rayray2030
Default

Does anyone sell a replacement set of screws for the F201 which are standard hex? Would they be TCS Legal?

Ray
rayray2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 12:00 PM   #1792
Tech Elite
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,668
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayray2030
Does anyone sell a replacement set of screws for the F201 which are standard hex? Would they be TCS Legal?

Ray
Stainless steel screw sets are available @ formula1-rc.com
Titanium screw sets are available at both formula1-rc.com and speedtechrc.com

The North American TCS program does allow for non tamiya screws but they are currently not legal for worlds in Japan.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:21 PM   #1793
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by jackhammer74
Yes sir, this is my fifth year, this time I raced Tamiya stock and attempted to race F201
How did you do in F201 in Laurel?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:22 PM   #1794
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by F. Alonso
Ahh the F201 is a more interesting car to drive then stock cars. A lot more challenging and its heavily important on the driver. I like it, cause I don't know so much about the tuning and maintenence of motors as much (i know bits) but I am a good driver, I know that (not to sound arrogant). It's just that I've had more time to play with my F201 (my first car) and I haven't really focused much on touring cars. After I have won the TCS Australia and won the Worlds in F1, I intend to focus more on touring cars. Hahahaha, I will probably be racing in F1 till I die!!!
Good luck at your nationals. When is it?
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 01:23 PM   #1795
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by mtveten
Stainless steel screw sets are available @ formula1-rc.com
Titanium screw sets are available at both formula1-rc.com and speedtechrc.com

The North American TCS program does allow for non tamiya screws but they are currently not legal for worlds in Japan.

Mark
I like the OEM screws that come in the kit. No need spending the extra cash on the screws. Except maybe for show on a non TCS car.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:09 PM   #1796
Tech Elite
 
rtypec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,969
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I like the OEM screws that come in the kit. No need spending the extra cash on the screws. Except maybe for show on a non TCS car.
Neil, that's because you didn't have to race me. Good for 2 tenths
rtypec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 02:22 PM   #1797
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Northern New Jersey
Posts: 24
Send a message via AIM to rayray2030
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
I like the OEM screws that come in the kit. No need spending the extra cash on the screws. Except maybe for show on a non TCS car.
I am under the impression that the OEM screws are philips head? If that is the case I much rather have hex screws. I am not looking for performance or a weight savings from the other screw sets just hex that's all.

Ray
rayray2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:19 PM   #1798
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rtypec
Neil, that's because you didn't have to race me. Good for 2 tenths
I did race you, and you sucked! Your brother did better than you! I remember specifically because you gave me the finger after qualifying.

Just to refresh your memory, it was a F1RL race at Tamiya, you and G raced. You were in the B, G was in the A.

Sorry to be so blunt.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:20 PM   #1799
Tech Elite
 
Neil Rabara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Lone Star
Posts: 4,821
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by rayray2030
I am under the impression that the OEM screws are philips head? If that is the case I much rather have hex screws. I am not looking for performance or a weight savings from the other screw sets just hex that's all.

Ray
It's good to have hex screws, but phillips screws work just fine on plastic.
Neil Rabara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 04:23 PM   #1800
Tech Champion
 
danjoy25's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 5,149
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Good luck at your nationals. When is it?
Australian TCS is on Oct 1-3. Should be good. At the moment we have about close to 20 entries in F1 and hopefully should get more by closing.
__________________
Awesomatix A800 & A800X/ Mugen MTX-5 / 3 Racing F113 / Kyosho RB5 / Kyosho Mini-Z
danjoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NIP Tuned Chassis F201 AND spare F201 w/TONS of Hop-ups cartmen34 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 04-23-2007 09:57 AM
F201 Corey The Great Australia For Sale/Trade 1 06-17-2006 09:21 AM
First F201... scarymonster Rookie Zone 2 12-13-2005 12:41 AM
Wtb: f201 car hpipro321 R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 08-30-2005 12:00 AM
F201 AQuionIV R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 7 06-30-2004 12:28 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:57 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net