Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/12 1/10.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

I am Filipino but I have never been to the islands
wow! you should come here to the islands pare! COME Visit your roots.....and maybe i can host you while youre here......just that you need to bring me RC stuff from vancouver!hehehehehe!!
Old 05-10-2005, 02:42 AM
GRF
Tech Adept

Originally posted by cooliomojo-CEBU
hey grf,

good to hear from you.....for us, it would be good to have 1/12 class here because its alot cheaper and a lot faster.......i have seen the 1/12 run 9it was on a CD0 and they are wicked fast and the run times were a lot longer. with the new batteries, 1/12 can probably run 10 mins mains!
Yeah Coolio... It's me... It would be nice to go to 1/12 scale but can we use our current track?
Old 05-10-2005, 02:44 AM
Tech Addict

No.... Not that I know of... At least here in Cebu, 1/10 is the hit, be it GP or EP. Do you run 1/5 scale there? I'm quite new to the hobby and I've only heard of the 1/8 scale.
there are no 1/5 scale organized race here......there are people probably with such cars but its expensive to run! economy is bad heree!HEHEHEHE by the way, ive seen 1/5 scale cars run and its a bit slower.....maybe it just seemed slower because of its size....i also hear that it eats up tires!hehehehe
Old 05-10-2005, 02:46 AM
GRF
Tech Adept

there are no 1/5 scale organized race here......there are people probably with such cars but its expensive to run! economy is bad heree!HEHEHEHE by the way, ive seen 1/5 scale cars run and its a bit slower.....maybe it just seemed slower because of its size....i also hear that it eats up tires!hehehehe
Yeah, being twice as big as the 1/10, the cost could also be twice as HIGH...
Old 05-10-2005, 02:46 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

wow! you should come here to the islands pare! COME Visit your roots.....and maybe i can host you while youre here......just that you need to bring me RC stuff from vancouver!hehehehehe!!
Thanks! I have been planning to go one of these days.

I mainly race 1/10 touring and pan car. I also run 1/5 scale...but just for bashing really.

Here is a 1/5 scale track where I raced once....I need more time though.
http://www.timezoneracing.com
Old 05-10-2005, 03:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Guys,

in general, 12thscale is indoor and Touring is indoor and outdoor. However if your outdoor track is nice and flat, you can run 12th scale on it...
12th scale in hands of a good driver is defenitely faster than touring, cornering speeds are higher acceleration is faster, you name it...
Only one thing... to setup a 12th scale is not easy, this is because it is very responsive to steering input(very, very direct) you need to consider tyre diameter(and ride height), amount of tyre traction additive on the front tyres, time to let the additive soak into the tyres, and T-bar thickness, these are the main things all the rest you can adjust to your needs like a tourer...
I own a CRC (Calandra racing Concepts) 12th scale, a Corally Pro 10 (looks like 12th scale) and an RDX. Usually wintertime in Europe is 12th scale time.

greetz and have fun with 12th scale
Old 05-10-2005, 04:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

12th scale is as easy as taking candy from a baby....

You put the car on the track and just race !!
(watch the ride height - 3 mm, and look for good tyres....that's it) There's nothing to it!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

10th is more popular because a 12th can't take the same level of punishment a 10th can. Thus, 10th is great for beginners, and is the class many people stick with.

Plus, there's more 10th choice in chassis.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:28 AM
Tech Adept

There we go!
How can you explain a beginner, that a 1/10 TC car is
more popular than a 1/12 pan car, even if 1/12 is faster,
cheaper and easier??????????????????????????
Old 05-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Tech Addict

has anyone tried 1/12 in concrete? i really wish we had 1/12 scale here....1/10 is a tad bit expensive.....
Old 05-10-2005, 05:01 AM
Tech Adept

Try it!!!!!!!! You will like it for sure!!
12scale ROCKS!!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 05:09 AM
Tech Addict

Try it!!!!!!!! You will like it for sure!!
hey there,

wow, looks like somebody is a 1/12 fan... i think youre right....1/12 looks wicked fast and 8 mins main rock!hehehehe

how much would you need to invest if you want to switch?
Old 05-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

Well, if you sell all your TC you do need not to invest anything
You will have some money over than
You can still use all your electronics out of your TC car, just the servo will be too big for 1/12.
I guess a small airtronics or JR servo is between 50 or 70 US$.

Then you need to buy the car, street price between 160 US$ and 210 US$.
And some tires, guess you run on asphalt, which would be pink rears and purple fronts!
Thats it!
Have fun!
Markus
Old 05-10-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

I had my first race with a 1/12 on sunday. Had a blast. Box stock cept for purples up front, grey in the rear - an ebay jobby. Getting tires for it this week. The car was originally set up with old style front end for carpet, i upped it with new style front end (no center brace version), macro 30wt silver, std front springs and overgeared by 3 teeth on the pinion.. wiped out the TC times. No traction compound on the tires - just the grape soda on the track. 4cell 19T vs 6cell 19T TC. Only downside is the antenna is already frayed after a few mishaps. (yes i had the roll over on) But I've 'solved' that problem already.

I wouldn't trade in your TC - you'll always have a bunch of guys to race against. Just pick up a used 12, clean it up and go nuts.

Can't wait until the next meeting. New tires.. maybe a new setup and some proper gearing.. WARP SPEED MISTA SULU!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Elite

Basically 1/12th scale pan cars are less flexible. They need a relly flat surface to run on, need to be rebuilt often to run at there best, etc. They aren't condusive to parking lots, bumps, dust, etc. Also, since RC is a Hobby, a lot of people prefer the looks of a 1/10th scale TC. the 1/12th scales also are only 2wd which makes them more responsive to throttle control, and that's not good for less experienced drivers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.