lrp brushless esc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

wow! nice tracks.... I'm so jealous!! Just waitin' on the 2.5 turn to be released. Or maybe, they could just dunk the arm in molten copper and create on thick ass wire pole..... call it the .5
Old 02-09-2006, 06:37 AM
Tech Regular

Here in Greece , i race with....
Attached Thumbnails lrp brushless esc-09022006.jpg   lrp brushless esc-09022006-001-.jpg  
Old 02-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

and something that has to do with the Sphere comp. and Vector 4star.......SC-4200UP "Factory Team" (Big Mama) 575 sec. , avg. 1,228....
Attached Thumbnails lrp brushless esc-09022006-004-.jpg  
Old 02-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Sphere competition

Burito, Can we get an ETA update on shipping these puppies out to the U.S.? I havent been able to find any hobby stores with them in stock yet, here or oversea's. Tower hobbies is the only place that says mid Februrary. This isnt going turn into a mid spring time deal is it?
Old 02-11-2006, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

@hobbypro: it's available already, we started shipping those to distributers more then 2 weeks ago. It may take some time tough to fulfill all worldwide orders, but they're coming as fast as we can... the Sphere Competition is in full production and orders are being sent out every week.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

zacharoupoulos

Great to hear that you have got your Sphere competition. In term of auto brake or drag brake, do you notice if there is any improvement over the original sphere?The original sphere seems to have no auto brake at all even when I set it to the highest level.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Another lucky Sphere Competition owner here.

Dear all, I am pleased to say that today I tested the Sphere Comp. LRP Star 4 Vector motor, in a damp track just to see how it went.
Well, all I have to say is WOW!!!

The car accelerated as hell! Great top speed and very good at the infield. I would say it acts just like the 7x2 I ran the past week, but with more run time!

I think that this time they did it. I am very happy with the motor and the speed control performance. I only wish it could stop raining so I can test the car laptime-wise and see how it really goes. To the naked-eye it looks insane.

Anyway I want to ask Reto something.
Reto, the car seemed undergeared to me and Antony from LRP Greece with the final ratio of 8.0, and the ADPC at 5 and 6. So we went down to almost 7.50 and ADPC 4 and came out with a great result. Can you please tell me, what are the acceptable temperatures for the motor and speedo? Is there anyway to understand whether the motor is undergeared or overgeared by means of the temperature of the two components? When I tried the extreme 7.33 the motor came out at 70C and the speedo at 60C using just the heatsink not the fan. Track temperature 12C. Is this ok? The track is huge and has an 60m straight and a sweeping right turn at the end just like in EC 2004 in Austria (Antony said you would understand )

P.S. Good job Reto, I am surprised, oh and by the way.... The new IB 4200 Vtecs showed some great numbers on the Turbo35 GFX!!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

azmio, nor me or zacharopoulos use auto brake but since you mentioned it we will try it tomorrow for you and let you know how it went. Can you give us more details of what you need to know. What did the simple Sphere do?
Old 02-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

@aantonis: this is great news, glad to hear you like it so much.
I have a hard time giving proper gearing recommendations for large outdoor tracks with the new system. We have not been able to do much outdoor testing ourselves recently due to winter in Germany. Most of our testing has taken place indoor over the last few months.

Anyway, there's no limitations to the gearing whatsoever. Try to explain...
If it feels better with one ratio then the other, or if you get better laptimes with one ratio then the other, then there's no reason not to do it!

Temperature wise you'll be fine with anything below 100°C (speedo & motor). If you'd be in the 90's already, you're certainly be at the limit.

Hope that helps and have fun testing further. Oh, and say hello to Anthony!
Old 02-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks Reto,

We will keep you posted as we get on with the testing, since as I see we are one of the first to get our hands on those systems.
Timing should be left as is??? no matter what.....???

Thanks again,

Antonis

BTW.My name is Antony too, we met in Denmark @EC2005.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Too many Anthonys in Greece...

I'd recommend leaving the timing on the motor untouched, as it says in the manual. Maximum play with like 1mm extra on the motor (which is 3mm on the sticker).
Old 02-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

Antonis

Appreciate if you can activate the auto brake and set to the maximum level (6). Right after a long straight, leave your throttle at neutral. let me know if your car slows down significantly.

With the old sphere, it was coasting instead of slowing down and this really dissapointed me cause I also own a Novak GTB. With Novak GTB, the drag brake really slows down my car that anything above 7 will cause my pan car rear tire to become loose when entering corner.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

Ok Azmio, I 'll let you know tonight.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Well, so far my "regular" Sphere and Reedy Neo-One 3* have performed quite well after my first 2 races with the combo. Again, it's on my T4 and I race in the tropics and the weather as of late has been in the low to warmer 80s"F".

My only comment is that I notice that after I ran my first full battery pack... the ESC then quits on me at the end of the session? I haven't experienced this with any of my Novak GTB ESCs?! It seems like the ESC needs to cool off even 10 minutes after this occurs?! I know I am not overgeared as my ESC and motor temps only hit the 115F-135F range (definitely well within LRP's limits I am sure). It's really only after running a full pack does this problem show itself (which is basically hardly any throttle response)!? Because of this I have never been able to run packs back-to-back for fear the ESC might just give-out suddenly (like the first one I sent back to Associated).

So how critical is the Capacitor on the "Cooling Set"?! Wish it was available. It looks tiny and I was wondering if there were other similar Caps which might also worK since they don't seem to be available on Tower, Horizon, etc.? What I currently have is a Spektrum Cap conncected to my Spektrum receiver and I have had no problems with the steering.... it's just the throttle that has been erratic. Any clues as to why this might be happening?! Wild Cherry? Burito? Many Thanks!
Old 02-12-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Legend

Chime !

Stealth

What size pinion & spur R you running ?

Also hows the traction on the track ? High or low ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.