Community
Wiki Posts
Search

lrp brushless esc

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Legend

Lucky me !
I hav`nt had to use a Cap, but I race mostly off-road & don`t used a Spektrum*.....( *Know better)
Also
Seems to me it would be impossible for Lrp to know which reciever you use...

Hey , maybe those folks that make reciever`s should of gave you one....

Still ...
5 bucks ! yeah , thats all it would take if you need to used one....

If you run on-road Sedan and you don`t have a Cap , you need one anyway ...
Cus no matter what brand of ESC you used , there`s a big benafit in fitting one in your ride...
Specially if you are running Modiflied Sedan..

5 BuCKs ?
Thats worth making big CAPS about ?

And BDW what other problems ?

Cus all I been experiencing is pure amazement with the performance I`v been recieving with my Neo....

May be I should post that fact in big caps, cus I`m a happy NEO customer ?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The cap requirement is for spektrum users with high power servos and is required for all speedos with less than the 5A bec used by tekin. Both the LRP and Novak guys have to add a cap (not included) to the reciever.

Rather than argue who has the best brushless system or why Novak or LRP is better than the other maybe we should just say both system work well and leave it at that.

Mark
Old 09-29-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

the problem I have with lrp not including (or more importantly mentioning) that caps are needed with the spectrum (my old ss 5800 never had a single problem with the spectrum) is not just the cost and pain in the arse about losing an entire day trying to figure out what the hell is going on, but I actually did serious damage to my car when the spectrum dropped out going down the back straight---- yah, you guessed it, 40 mph into a solid wall.
Bent the motor-mount and broke lots o parts..... could have been avoided if i had just known that I should install the caps before throwing the car on the track.
I love my spectrum, but it is the cause of these problems as much as lrp.
And BTW, spectrums CAN get glitches regardless of what anyone says. I havent had many, but every time it was by driving near a person with their radio on right next to the track. They will tell you it is something other then the spectrum, but I know it is.
(I still think they are the greatest thing ever, next to brushless, though)
later..........
Old 09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Adept

I completely agree with lonepalm4 on this. Both LRP and Spektrum should have to make it much more clear and stressed the fact that a Cap is required (and not just recommended in tiny writing) when running either product and a high powered servo. I too have used the Spektrum with the Novak Super Sport 5800 without any issues. Maybe my JR-8450Z isn't considered a high powered servo but it is quite a fast digital servo!

Hey wild cherry, consider yourself lucky that you haven't had any problems... yet. You never know what can happen at the track tomorrow. You might want to make sure you do hook up a Cap to your receiver and keep it there extra tight. From my observations... there have been a lot more LRP Sphere/Neo-One problems than Novak GTB issues. I'm a die hard Associated fan and have always run Reedy motors and have some LRP ESCs... this time though... I'm going with Novak to stay away from the new product "growing pains".

mtveten - Here is a pic of the GTB with the large Cap that is included with the system. From your suggestions... You mean to tell me I will have to add another Cap just for the receiver when using a Spektrum with it? Wouldn't the current Cap included take care of the problem even if I am using a high powered ESC?! Just wondering.... thanks!
Attached Thumbnails lrp brushless esc-novak-gtb.jpg  
Old 09-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Legend

Team Ae 4 ever

What problem ?

So far , after 85 packs in both a off-road & on-road ...

Nota ONE !

I`m sure you will be very happy with the Novak , they make fantastic products don`t they ?

But what problem ?

All I`v been experiencing is wheelie`s down the staight with my NEO !

I don`t use Specktum so I`m all good, cus I do know better..

Tip :
Find the time, run your Spektum, then a regular receiver..
You should go just a bit faster with out the Specktum.....

Don`t believe? Just do as I said & you will learn what I already know....
Old 09-29-2005, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Yes with a high power servo and a spektrum reciever you will need to add an additional cap directly to the reciever.

For example my Sphere does not need a cap attched to the batt leads( Novak's included cap) when running the Neo, or any brushed motor 19T or slower.

My GTX requires the cap attched to the batt leads(included with speedo) with a stock motor or anything faster.

Both the Sphere and GTX require a cap on the reciever when using a spektrum and high power servo.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile ok with LRP

I have had my sphere/neo combo for 3 weeks, and it is the very first brushless sistem in my racetrack. I have been racing in sportsman mode with the specks, and it has worked great, not a single problem
Old 10-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Problems with Sphere/NEO

Hello
I'm also having problems with my brushless system. I drove one weekeng, 8 charges with it and it worked fine. Yesterday problems started. Speedo got pretty warm and shutted down couple of times. I'm driving 1/12 and it happened always about after 1-1,5 minutes of driving. After I installed the heatsink it lasted 3 and half minutes. Wierd thing is that it works fine all 8 minutes when you just switch speedon off and then immediately on.

Today I opened the motor and speedo to look for trouble. In speedo I didn't find anything, in the motor "armature", or what you should call it because the magnets are there now, was a small bruise like something had hitted it. And other thing was that I think those small surface mounted components close to MOT A, B and C connections are damaged, because overheating perhaps. Could someone tell me are those diodes and what are the specs so I could find new ones. And the worst problem for now, I can't close the motor anymore
Old 10-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hhhmmm... yet again... another problem! What a surprise!?!

Seems like even after waiting so long it appears the Sphere and Neo-One combo should have stayed unreleased untill ALL the bugs got worked out!?!

Hey Yippo, looks like it would be best if you send your System back to LRP or AE for repairs. They have good Customer Service so hope they replace it for you with a brand new one! Best of Luck!

Last edited by STEALTH; 10-03-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-02-2005, 09:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up No problems here.

Most people don't report when things go well, so I have to chime in and say the my Sphere and Neo is working perfectly. It's the absolute best speedcontroller and motor I've ever had. I still cannot get over how smooth it is: from a crawl to full throttle. Unbelievable power. And so far, both the Sphere and Neo run very cool for me (12th scale - 4 cell). No heatsink needed. I love having my reverse back too! It seems that the speed controller (with the use of the sensor wire) knows how fast the car is going and smartly applies the brake. Reverse kicks in when the car is stopped or going slow, or I apply hard reverse. Very cool.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Legend

95 battery packs & My Neo is still as fast as I the day I brought it !!!

Old 10-03-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well, I started having problems yesterday. The throttle was cutting out intermittently, and another guy at the track who just bought a system was having the same problem. All of our equipment is different except for the brushless system. We can both steer when this is happening, too.

Going to see if LHS will let me exchange for a GTB since I've only had it for three weeks.

Bum. I really liked how small the Sphere was.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm also running 12th with 4 cells. Mine is like it has radio glitches, it gets pretty warm and shuts down.

On the other hand there are two guys at our club who run this combo with no problems. Unlucky me again.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Default No poblems here

I use the Spectrum with my sphere and it is super! I use a PT and a Hitec digital 5925MG servo with the leads shortened to a reasonable length. On the sphere, I have shortened all but the sensor wires down to the bare minimum.

No problems at all and outrageously fast!

In a Pro4 with a Lipo cell, I can run a 5 minute race and only use 1200 mAh. That's efficient. No problems with temperature rise and completely repeatable race after race.
Old 10-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Yippo
I'm also running 12th with 4 cells. Mine is like it has radio glitches, it gets pretty warm and shuts down.

On the other hand there are two guys at our club who run this combo with no problems. Unlucky me again.
Its sounds like you do (glitch )suggest different reciever , or at least try remounting reciever with cystral side off car & high .

A good way to see if its a reciever problem : try reving the thottle with the reciever in your hand , out of the car...

Last edited by Wild Cherry; 10-03-2005 at 11:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.