Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ROAR 2013 Asphalt On Road Nationals May 2-5

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

here's a thought, even though the class says 21.5 as per ROAR whats to stop you guys from running less of a motor? If everyone agrees and since everyone already has the 25.5 just run it in the 21.5 class. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone running the 21.5 since nobody runs them right?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I can speak of the 25.5 is MORE then capable to run on BIG outdoor track as I ran the last year paved national on USVTA. There is no reason to run 21.5 as the last year national track is probably 50 foot longer then the current one. I am not going to say the final drive we did last year so everyone can enjoy finding that in probably 2-3 packs of battery.

No reason to use ROAR rule and we did not use that last year...USVTA rule need to enforce on this class....and yes, we have driver figures on the car too.

Joining ROAR event is expensive enough....buying another 21.5 motor with multiple brands of choice plus the timing, rotor to play with...USVTA class is not the same if the 21.5 motor rule are in place.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Robertcooper88
here's a thought, even though the class says 21.5 as per ROAR whats to stop you guys from running less of a motor? If everyone agrees and since everyone already has the 25.5 just run it in the 21.5 class. You shouldn't have to worry about anyone running the 21.5 since nobody runs them right?
Thanks for understanding. So no 21.5 just 25.5, and that's official?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Solara
I can speak of the 25.5 is MORE then capable to run on BIG outdoor track as I ran the last year paved national on USVTA. There is no reason to run 21.5 as the last year national track is probably 50 foot longer then the current one. I am not going to say the final drive we did last year so everyone can enjoy finding that in probably 2-3 packs of battery.

No reason to use ROAR rule and we did not use that last year...USVTA rule need to enforce on this class....and yes, we have driver figures on the car too.

Joining ROAR event is expensive enough....buying another 21.5 motor with multiple brands of choice plus the timing, rotor to play with...USVTA class is not the same if the 21.5 motor rule are in place.
I agree 100%. Great post and your right vta is not vta with a 21.5.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by voltar
I agree 100%. Great post and your right vta is not vta with a 21.5.
Maybe ROAR should amend their rules to be in line with USVTA, but they haven't done that yet. In Canada, almost every track here uses 21.5 blinky with 1450g limit for VTA rules. It's still Vintage Trans-Am, just not quite as slow as USVTA and it allows for motor and ESC choices other than Novak.

A driver from the US told me this past weekend that he liked our rules better than USVTA. He thinks the lighter, more nimble cars are fun.

I don't want to start any arguments. I know USVTA guys are very protective of their class. I don't even race VTA anymore. I just came in to post what ROAR currently list as their rules and to say that there are still many places that use those rules.

Considering the location of this event though, it would make the most sense to follow USVTA rules. You aren't likely to have a truckload of Canadians coming down there to race VTA.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by locked
Maybe ROAR should amend their rules to be in line with USVTA, but they haven't done that yet. In Canada, almost every track here uses 21.5 blinky with 1450g limit for VTA rules. It's still Vintage Trans-Am, just not quite as slow as USVTA and it allows for motor and ESC choices other than Novak.

A driver from the US told me this past weekend that he liked our rules better than USVTA. He thinks the lighter, more nimble cars are fun.

I don't want to start any arguments. I know USVTA guys are very protective of their class. I don't even race VTA anymore. I just came in to post what ROAR currently list as their rules and to say that there are still many places that use those rules.

Considering the location of this event though, it would make the most sense to follow USVTA rules. You aren't likely to have a truckload of Canadians coming down there to race VTA.
The funny thing is we have a roar regional race in April that is clearly posted 25.5 I am glad robertcooper is making the 25.5 the ONLY motor legal for this race
Old 03-13-2013, 01:12 PM

Who's up for some 12th mod?? Track is nice and smooth and has great traction, and isn't quite as big as it was at last years event.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

So If it's 21.5 then is it any motor or just 25.5 Novak- Tim?What about batteries for VTA? Can't ROAR just keep the rules from the organizers that made the class legit?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
So If it's 21.5 then is it any motor or just 25.5 Novak- Tim?What about batteries for VTA? Can't ROAR just keep the rules from the organizers that made the class legit?
From last years:

Any esc in blinky mode
Any 25.5 motor
Any batteries (2s batts)

All the above must be ROAR approved of course.

P.S. Don't bother looking for an approved 25.5 motor, there isn't any !!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

so vented end bells and any 2 cs battery?Or just a gentlemans agreement that we'll follow USVTA motor and battery rules?
Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BullFrog
so vented end bells and any 2 cs battery?Or just a gentlemans agreement that we'll follow USVTA motor and battery rules?
It's the ROAR nats, so anything goes.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Guys cool down, need to give me more then a few hours to sort this out.

So... no call has been made....

Originally Posted by voltar
The funny thing is we have a roar regional race in April that is clearly posted 25.5 I am glad robertcooper is making the 25.5 the ONLY motor legal for this race
Old 03-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Odd that the VTA motor limit is the big topic of discussion here, when you factor in the number of entries in the class last year.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

+1....VTA always has the most to say with the smallest turnout. Out of control. I think it is a great, fun class but alot of people blow it out of proportion.
Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Odd that the VTA motor limit is the big topic of discussion here, when you factor in the number of entries in the class last year.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:46 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I believe that the VTA class was built around the 25.5 moter I don't understand why a regional race running this weekend is adopting the USVTA rules The national race is adopting a whole different set of rules Stick with the US VTA rules And try to keep a level playing field If you want to go faster and spend more money there are other classes to run
Again please abide by the US VTA rules Thank you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.