Wiki Posts
Search

JRX-S or FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Xray carpet prep.

To confirm my prior posting, about having to spend additional money for getting a XRAY 05 carpet ready. Sway bar is only one of the items needed. Can you run without the spring steel extreas? Of course you can, for a while but the standard outdrives will force themselves to spread (even without hitting any walls) and it then becomes a big task to remove from the bearings. This I believe was also happens with the 04 kits. That is why the spring steel is better suited, they will not spread due to momentum and yes this even happens at the stock level but more prone with faster motors.

HMMM>....even with just the sway bar about 30 smackers and the spring steel about 30 bucks a set......Add it up....then add up all the other parts if you want to get them.......Cha Ching $$$$$

Not knocking the Xray, I rather like my FK05 especially love that steering, car always goes where you want it to...OH YEAH....
Old 05-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default REPLY

LUKLESS, I'll try to share my opinion/answer to your questions, hope this helps.

I was wondering if you could expand on this.
What kind of driving style works best for each car?
I think the answer to this question would help a lot of people decide between the two.

Thanks

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Well, as far as driving style. Some people have a delay type action when entering corners letting the throttle off right before turn in. Other will let off In turn and coast out then hit throttle to punch out. While other will try and speed all the way thru at max and let the car slow itself down (hoping it holds and not hit the walls or whatever else).

Me I'm the off power right before turn and punch out full force. For me that equates to a shaft drive car, very direct punch feel during onpower steering but the car is a bit twitchy at times especially during a recovery moments. Belt drive cars are way smoother, recovery is excellent but for me I have to time just right and OFF power in mid turn to get the feel just right......

But this all goes back to this is my driving style, everyone has to find there sweet spot/driving style and stick with it. Practice is the whole key to this sport or is it a hobby (oh..oh there I go again starting a controversial topic..lol) ....who knows anymore I'm addicted.