Search
Like Tree2Likes

Alex Racing Stinger

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default just a little suggestion...

Dont know if this has been addressed yet but Dave, could you see if Alex could make changing shock positions easier?
Old 05-20-2005, 04:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: just a little suggestion...

Originally posted by poop
Dont know if this has been addressed yet but Dave, could you see if Alex could make changing shock positions easier?
?? EXAMPLE?? how?.. I find changing the damper angle quite easy on the Cuda..
-Dave
Old 05-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

You just need to use the titanium shock mounts, then it's only one nut you need to remove, with the standard long screw and bolts it was a bit of a pain.

It's about time they got rid of those plastic shock caps though, just get them to put the yoke items in the kit
Old 05-20-2005, 10:02 PM
Tech Regular

is it just me or does the r2 seem to be the best of the alex cars, i bought one of rcmonk, and i love it, it rivals my 414m2 as the best car iv owned, i think it was a xenon stage 2 he sold me, but man what a car, easily the beast shaft iv owned, all other versions by alex, just seem pedestrian!
Old 05-21-2005, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

An R2 with Xenon or Speedwaypal conversion is arguably better than an R3. I do own both and actually race with an R3 in the local national modified championship, when I find the time. My younger brother uses the R2 with Xenon conversion and has won the most races in the national stock class this year with it

If there is something I would change from the R3, would be the steering rack. With the standard rack it is impossible to get full steering using the outside holes of the front knuckles. With the pal rack it is much better but still not enough sometimes

However since the Stinger has a different suspension geometery maybe the steering rack will be good enough ey. We have to wait and see
Old 05-21-2005, 02:35 AM
Tech Regular

By the way, Dave ...

Maybe through your contacts you can convince Alex Racing to build a locked diff for the Stinger too

Using the normal diff but bit tight in front, the outdrives are too fragile! Never had problems with same diff at the rear section though. Speedtech's spool is good but not durable especially in modified racing. We only managed to make a good one in Malta using the original one way cups which are press fitted to an aluminium shaft. However they come very expensive and sometimes we have to wait a lot to get them

Would be much better if Alex Racing make a locked diff too. I am sure many guys will go for it. From my side will try to push for it too, but sometimes you seem to have more luck

Last edited by dhiracing.com; 05-21-2005 at 02:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Not to be negative....

but it won't sell. You read it here first. Alex should scrap it as I'm sure it will go over like a lead balloon. What is he thinking?
Old 05-21-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Not to be negative....

Originally posted by RCknight
but it won't sell. You read it here first. Alex should scrap it as I'm sure it will go over like a lead balloon. What is he thinking?
Well thats a constructive comment

With a few tweaks there's no reason it won't sell just as well as the Barracuda and possibly even better since there is a larger market aware of Alex Racing than ever before.

There just needs to be some good feedback from testing and interest will grow.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by dhiracing.com
An R2 with Xenon or Speedwaypal conversion is arguably better than an R3. I do own both and actually race with an R3 in the local national modified championship, when I find the time. My younger brother uses the R2 with Xenon conversion and has won the most races in the national stock class this year with it

If there is something I would change from the R3, would be the steering rack. With the standard rack it is impossible to get full steering using the outside holes of the front knuckles. With the pal rack it is much better but still not enough sometimes

However since the Stinger has a different suspension geometery maybe the steering rack will be good enough ey. We have to wait and see
Yep the steering Rack does suck on the R3. Nothing but problems and hard to get enough steering on really tight tracks with 180's in the track. My R2 Xenon was better than my R3.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: just a little suggestion...

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
?? EXAMPLE?? how?.. I find changing the damper angle quite easy on the Cuda..
-Dave
I know it's not bad at all if you have the quick change upgrade but for those that dont...
I cant see it being too hard to incorporate that design from the start and was wondering why they dont do it?
Old 05-23-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Adept

A thought just came to me today, what's the problem in the extra width, the motor and battery (the heaviest items on the car) are placed really close to the middle anyway... the extra width also serve as protection to the valuable electronics... Can be an added bonus...

Please no more rack steering, go back to the R2 steering, so much more precise... and a revise shock cap and shock tower would be good, the most outer hole on the front and rear are almost impossible to use regularly...
Old 05-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

one of the problems with a wide chassis is that it will scrape the deck on sweeping and most hard cornering situations of you run low ride height. Also i cud never use the outer holes on my rear tower on my r2 because the shock would foul on the body posts, a bit of a design flaw...or have i been missing something all these years?
Old 05-23-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

I have seen a setup from the Alex Racing website (Japan) that someone was using the rear shock tower for the front with the rear shock position at the most outer holes (where the body mount locate), now here is my question. Is there any advantage of a wider shock tower for the front, and will they be considering an option for the Stinger. And is there any advantage of mounting the body poles on the shock tower, from what I gather, the Yokomo SDW comes with a seperate piece that you can mount the body differently. So will that be considered?
Old 05-26-2005, 01:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

seems to have gone quiet in here is there anymore news?
Old 05-27-2005, 01:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Default looks ok

I reckon the stinger looks ok, you've got to love the detail on the diffs; but why didn't they release that concept with the gorgeous molded cf tub and braces

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.