Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 02:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I feel like I have a question too.

It there a way to measure internal resistance of a single cell?

Thanks,
Michael (ook uit Nederland )
Old 06-18-2005, 07:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Somerwil
I feel like I have a question too.

It there a way to measure internal resistance of a single cell?

Thanks,
Michael (ook uit Nederland )
I see your point. It would maybe help to dis-assemble packs to match IR, Voltage, Runtime, Energy & Capacity. MAybe a Battery Manager for each cell too. There has to be a point where insanity and RC end. Use the Battery Manager and an ICC charger and I think you will have that wonder combo.
One charges the best and the other to discharge the best. Keeps packs lasting longer and get the best numbers possible.

Erik, Any more news?

Let us know,
-Stephen <><
STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75474
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75202
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75472

Last edited by Mr. Shookie; 06-18-2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

AndyUK:
That depends on Helger, but I guess they will.

Kevin K:
Good question. We could implement a function to manually repeak individual cells, but I don't think that's the way to go. After all, if the charger can detect a false peak, why not let it start itself automatically again (ignore the peak)? As rcnewb2004 says, there will be an adjustable time (capacity) delay to prevent false peaks, but what works best in my view is set a minimum temperature. For instance, the cell has to reach 30 C before the delta peak function takes over. As each cell will have its own temp sensor, this works very good. An other option would be to give a warning when say 1 cell charges only 5 mins, and all the others 30. This is just an idea, as I said sometime before, the software of the charger has to 'grow'. Any ideas are welcome!

Somerwil:
Sure, the ICC will have the same system of measuring internal resistance as the Battery Manager. Also for single cells!

Mr. Shookie:
Not much news unfortunately. It takes a bit longer as expected to convert the prototypes into production units. We're doing anything we can, but we don't want to rush this. It has to be right!

By the way, I will be off for a short holiday/business trip, so sorry if my replies are delayed!
Old 06-19-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Dear Sir, Do you have any suggested retail price ??
Old 06-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Have a nice holiday Erik! I'm really looking forward to the ICC charger, but am still waiting for the retail price in first place. I really hope it will be quiet fair, but due to the many options I think it will be an expensive unit (>500 Euro). But that's just guessing.

Gr,
Mike
Old 06-19-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

i have a question.. i saw it says it charges each cell individually.and each cell basically has its own built in charger... so if i charge a 4 cell pack, at 6 amps each cell, so in theory I would need a 24 amp power supply?

I know the ce turbo matchers charge each cell at the chosen charge rate, and you can use a 12 amp power supply to matched 6 cells..does this charger use the same type of charge setup?? or will it be an AC model with individual supplies for each cell...
also how would it charge each cell at lets say 6 amps, and only pull 6 amps from the power supply.... thanks
Old 06-19-2005, 01:23 PM
Tech Adept

Lazybug:
Sorry, we have not yet set a price for it. As soon as we have I will let you know.

Somerwil:
Thanks, I am sure I will
Price will be a lot less than your guess....

Burbs:
No, if you charge at 6 amps, you will need a 6 amps power supply. So you can use any normal power supply you would use for conventional chargers.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Eric have fun on your holiday....Get what you need and get back so you can get hot on the ICC....LOL

For real have a great time...I enjoyeed when I went there....

Gotta love business holidays though...go for a short meeting and get what you need and write the whole thing off as a business expence....
Erik YGPM...
Thanks again and let me know.
-Stephen <><
Old 07-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

BIG BUMP....so many pages back I had to search engine it...LOL
Any news Erik?
Thanks,
-Shookie <><
Old 07-15-2005, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Holiday was great, in the mean time couple of people have been heavily testing the ICC system. It's looking good, we're working on setting up production now!
Old 07-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have just seen on your website that you have appointed Quick Time Racing as the New Zealand Distributor. To me this is an unbelievable decision. It is not even a hobby shop or distibutor of any kind. It is just 1 guy that has a website and no products. He doesn't sell anything to anyone and has no distributor network through New Zealand. You would have been far better served to appoint one of the few decent hobby shops in the country that have good patronage and other products to sell.
I hope I am not coming down to harshly here but it really dissapoints me when I see some of these backyard guys here in New Zealand getting a good distibutorship for what will be a great product and then doing nothing with it.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Since last year, I've been charging my transmitter's AA sized, 2500Mah batteries on the GP Powerbank 1/2 hour charger, this thing has 4 slots for AA or AAA batteries, Individual MCU with delta peak, temp sensor and built in fan

....and I was wondering why dun they make a similar charger for Sub-C cells, would'nt it be wonderful if someone did ?

Well .....Spintec, you've answered my prayer !
Old 07-19-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

any news for the release day of the charger?
i'm looking forward to get one.
But don't know if my LHS have that in stock or not..
Old 07-19-2005, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Any last photos of this new coming baby ?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Fatbear, thanks for your feedback. I will keep it in mind, but for now I have all the confidence in Quick Time Racing. I know it is a small company, but they are motivated and enthusiastic about our products. I am sure they will do a great job in supporting our customers. So hereby I would like to ask everybody who is interested in Spintec in New Zealand to contact them!

Ghostfit, thanks
And remember it is a lot more difficult to do this trick when cells are soldered in series...

tsuiyuen, sorry no news. As soon as we have a final release date and price I will all let you know as soon as possible.

Dino.hk, very soon!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.