Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
spintec I.C.C charger >

spintec I.C.C charger

spintec I.C.C charger

Old 01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
  #316  
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Originally Posted by XingXing
this charger, charges only 1 battery, it is no use for nitro users, tx packs, lipos, pb cells, rx packs, stick packs, and only discharges at 10amps. i still need another charger and seperate discharger.


i wouldnt pay more than $200 for it.
This charger is not designed for nitro users anyway. $200 you must be kidding, this is the price of the Much More cell master, it's like you say you want to pay the price of a volvo estate for a Rolls Royce...
TRF415boy is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
  #317  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

Not sure where you got your info but it can charge stick packs, tx and rx packs on its external connection. And li-po will be included in a future firmware update. Not sure what pb cells are but i'm sure a later firmware version will make it possible?
thanks for clearing that up

also reason why i wouldnt pay over $200 for it.

I got a ctx-c and it doesnt overcharge batteries to get top performance. and i have match packs anyway. so long as you buy rfom a good matcher, they should stay matched thoughout its life, if tray them afterwards.
XingXing is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:46 PM
  #318  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

Originally Posted by TRF415boy
This charger is not designed for nitro users anyway. $200 you must be kidding, this is the price of the Much More cell master, it's like you say you want to pay the price of a volvo estate for a Rolls Royce...
yes wierd but many do race both electric and nitro
XingXing is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:48 PM
  #319  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Sluggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

I was thinking about something after reading thru the manual .....If each cell is charged individual and you are charging at 5 amps then shouldn't the power supply needed be a 30 amp supply??? I see in the owners manual that a 10 amp power supply is recomended. I'm thinking its individual cut-off per cell. The name is bit confusing...

Last edited by Sluggo; 01-17-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Sluggo is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 03:52 PM
  #320  
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Originally Posted by Sluggo
I was thinking about something after reading thru the manual .....If each cell is charged individual and you are charging at 5 volts then shouldn't the power supply needed be a 30 amp supply??? I see in the owners manual that a 10 amp power supply is recomended. I'm thinking its individual cut-off per cell. The name is bit confusing...
You're confused because you are looking at it the wrong way. Amp means nothing, it's power you have to look at. Each cell is charged at 5 Amp, 1.2V (not 5V as you wrote, i take it as a mistake from your part). That's 5x1.2 = 6 Watts per cell, and so it's 36 Watts for the whole pack. Seen as during the charge the voltage is a little higher, say 40W for charging a pack.

A 10 Amp PSU provides 10 Amp x 12 V = 120 W, which is well enough, you could even charge 3 packs at 5 Amp with a 10A PSU.
TRF415boy is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM
  #321  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
XrayFK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,463
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by XingXing
thanks for clearing that up

also reason why i wouldnt pay over $200 for it.

I got a ctx-c and it doesnt overcharge batteries to get top performance. and i have match packs anyway. so long as you buy rfom a good matcher, they should stay matched thoughout its life, if tray them afterwards.
This may be so, but keep in mind that when cells are matched, they are charged and discharged individually.
XrayFK is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 04:47 PM
  #322  
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

Originally Posted by XingXing
thanks for clearing that up

also reason why i wouldnt pay over $200 for it.

I got a ctx-c and it doesnt overcharge batteries to get top performance. and i have match packs anyway. so long as you buy rfom a good matcher, they should stay matched thoughout its life, if tray them afterwards.
This is a wrong statement, cells are matched and get out of match during their lifetime. This is because they are matched new, but none are exactly the same, so they will loose runtime/voltage individually. Even though, cells are matched on their discharge time, not on their charge time, have a look at your cells and compare the charge capacity of the cells within a pack, I bet you'll find quite some disparity in them.

The result is that as the pack gets older, the difference in charging time between the cells gets bigger. We try to keep it as low as we can by equalizing the cells but the next step is what the I.C.C. is doing : charge each cell individually.
TRF415boy is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
  #323  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

well when i discharge and equilize them the lights flick off at same time or within a few seconds of each other, that to me means they are still matched.

in anycase, if you cells are not matched, an ICC wont do anything for you coz its discharge charateristics is whats important when racing. icc may prevent a cell from being over charged but thats about all, it still always best just to buy good quality matched packs.
XingXing is offline  
Old 01-17-2006, 07:59 PM
  #324  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
Sluggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 1,364
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

thanks for the correction TRF
Sluggo is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 12:53 AM
  #325  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Originally Posted by V12
Just read at a German forum price will be 380 Euro what is about 460$ and should be available next month.

Holy Crap...!!! Thats quite....Ermm.....EXPENSIVE...!!
Ben.C is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:05 AM
  #326  
Tech Adept
 
Hollowman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Holland,Rotterdam
Posts: 127
Default

Hahahaha, I would be so strange if the I.I.C is more exspensive in holland then in amerika because spintec is a dutch corparation , if it's 200 dollar in the US and 460 dollar in holland that would be crazy talk because : 460$ = 380 euro & 200$ = 165 euro That's 215 euro's diffrents , in theory : you could
buy 2 I.I.C's in US for the price of 1 here in holland or germany .

Greetings Florian (Also from Holland )
Hollowman is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 02:35 AM
  #327  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 1,152
Default

Originally Posted by Hollowman
Hahahaha, I would be so strange if the I.I.C is more exspensive in holland then in amerika because spintec is a dutch corparation , if it's 200 dollar in the US and 460 dollar in holland that would be crazy talk because : 460$ = 380 euro & 200$ = 165 euro That's 215 euro's diffrents , in theory : you could
buy 2 I.I.C's in US for the price of 1 here in holland or germany .

Greetings Florian (Also from Holland )
I hope its going to be like EUR165...

Cause, EUR380 is really outta my budget!!
Ben.C is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 05:08 AM
  #328  
Tech Adept
 
pookat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: u.k.
Posts: 112
Default

Originally Posted by XingXing
well when i discharge and equilize them the lights flick off at same time or within a few seconds of each other, that to me means they are still matched.

in anycase, if you cells are not matched, an ICC wont do anything for you coz its discharge charateristics is whats important when racing. icc may prevent a cell from being over charged but thats about all, it still always best just to buy good quality matched packs.
What you have to understand is that your batteries are matched on DISCHARGE TIME which is important when racing like you say.

But matchers charge cells INDIVIDUALLY then measure the discharge, any difference in charging up time is not noted.

So you put the 4 or 6 cells together and charge them in series, as you do not know the individual charge times you will have maybe 1 very slightly overcharged cell, 2 at virtually 100% and 2 or 3 not quite there.

Enter the ICC, it makes sure EACH CELL HAS A FULL CHARGE so you have 100% in each cell from the start, THIS WILL MAKE YOUR CAR FASTER.

You already know your cells have the same discharge characteristic so no reverse polarity at the end of the run (this would be an extreme case)
pookat is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 05:54 AM
  #329  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 458
Default

i'm sure many people will want this, coz they think it will work, but end of the day price will determine whether this will sell or not, its generally regarded the GFX and the CDR5000 are the best chargers going around but only peole with heaps to spend buy it.
XingXing is offline  
Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 AM
  #330  
Tech Elite
 
MR JOLLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Posts: 4,762
Default Price for I.C.C charger

been talking to my mate Erik via E-mail (trying the chaff some more stickers )

this is Euro price & GB pound price

How are you! Good to hear the unit is still going fine. Recommended retail price for the ICC will be around EUR 349,- (that's about 239 GBP).

so usa are looking around $390.00
MR JOLLY is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.