Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How Popular is cheating at your track? Do you Cheat? >

How Popular is cheating at your track? Do you Cheat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Popular is cheating at your track? Do you Cheat?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No one cares if you cheat when you never race.

OK you got me on that one.

When is the cold going to go away so I can watch everyone make laps?

By the way, I opened my 8 boxes of F1 cars today, They still look the same as they did 10 years ago.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The real question should be How can you cheat?
Old 02-14-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think it's dumb to cheat cause if you win that person just had a faster motor or whatever the case may be.. I for one am pretty new to racing and usually do good for my experience (3rd -5th B-main) and could probably win or place high in the A if I had a bogus motor or added boost during a stock race but then it wouldn't be me making progress.. For one I like to see myself in the past year go from almost dead last to beating guys that made a name for themselves for being the "fast guy" in just a year, that's why I race and its why I'm going to keep racing till I'm consistently on the grid, that's my goal for 2013
Old 02-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxrich
OK you got me on that one.

When is the cold going to go away so I can watch everyone make laps?

By the way, I opened my 8 boxes of F1 cars today, They still look the same as they did 10 years ago.
We need to mock up a track here pretty soon. Take some pics and run the scoring system through some trial laps. Hook up a printer. Basically make sure that everything that we need to race is there and working. Then we can put promotional materials together and sound the horns. I want to run early as we can so all of our Atlanta crowd can make it to Hot Shots and race again.

Oh yeah back on topic. Cheating is bad. Dont do it. Makes you a dork.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Cheating sucks.

The group I race with most of the time I would like to think that they're honest. But two years ago we had an awesome class that died after a cheating incident. One racer blatantly cheated ( like run his speedo in a faster setting which was not legal for the track's blinky rules) to ''prove that such-and-such must be cheating because he's winning all the time''. Well, this cheater only proved that HE had to cheat himself in order to keep pace with the fast guy. And as an end result, this guy lost a ton of respect from fellow racers, and the class eventually died because of the resulting distrust. It's too bad, because up to that point, this class had become successful and competitive after two years of dedication from racers and club officials to help grow it. But all that effort got destroyed by a selfish act in the matter of a race night.

Luckily this club has a very dedicated core of good racers and it recovered by reinventing their classes to keep the car count up. But still, this could've spelled the end for this club if it weren't for the decication of it's members towards learning from the incident and putting the mess behind.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

When talking about how character and sportsmanship in a person contributes to the likelihood of them cheating, at what point does hacking become cheating?

When 2nd place dive bombs a corner and punts 1st off the track, is that cheating? How about when a guy takes you out so you can't challenge his faster buddy?

When dealing with slower traffic that won't let you through, is the unwritten rule of 3 corners then the boot still apply these days?

I've found that driving style and aggressiveness affects racing more than cheating with equipment rules.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've never cheated and I don't care if anyone else does.
I try to run a personal best each time I'm out there.
I figure if you gotta cheat to be me....maybe you should be doing something else for a hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Do I believe everyone's car locally is roar legal? No. Do I believe they're doing it on purpose? Still no. I wish we would have tech inspections, but it's just not necessary and it wouldn't change the outcome. I still get beat by the guys that are faster than me and I still beat the guys that are slower. I do feel good knowing that my equipment is all legal and win or lose it was me doing the work legally.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Timing Advance or Punch control or Smart Power in Blinky Class, their excuse, it's not Boost or Over Drive !!!
Old 02-14-2013, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

At my home track, quite a few people are leaving the stock SC class because of rumors of people cheating. Recently, it was proven that someone was, although it's beyond me why he would do it, he was a good racer to begin with.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys
I have heard lately of a guy in blinky class with a tekin rs by cutting the 6th wire and being able to run mild boost. When one of the wires is cut the tekin displays a error message making organizers/scrutineers think its in blinky mode.
I dont know if this is true i dont own a tekin its just what ive heard a few people say
Old 02-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Steve S
Good thing I didn't say 8.4999 then.
STEVE! The FT originator... lol

As far as I am concerned if someone forces a battery to go above the 8.4 volt cutoff set by a standard lipo charge, then they are trying to cheat. I have never done that before although have seen people force more charge into the lipo.

Shame.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

With me running the Florida state elecrtic series every time my car hits the track it is always ROAR tech ready. it doesn`t matter if it`s a club race or a state race. Most of the guys I race against are the best in the state and some are always in the Amain at the national events. Running my car either light weight or with a bigger wing doesn`t help me any. I have been involved in races where the line was crossed into some of the grey area, but if the person that did it could sleep at night so be it.
IMO if you have to cheat to win it isn`t worth it.

Steve P.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Has anyone been caught using custom firmware in the speedo? The firmware from the factory isn't too hard to decompile and edit. I have looked at the firmware on my tekin. It would be real easy to reassemble it to have boost and a "blinky led..."
I haven't done it for I don't race, it was more of a "I wanted to see how it worked."
But if I can decompile it, I bet dollar to doughnuts that someone racing has.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razoo
I've never cheated and I don't care if anyone else does.
I try to run a personal best each time I'm out there.
I figure if you gotta cheat to be me....maybe you should be doing something else for a hobby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.