R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-14-2013, 04:15 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
I thought a couple of years ago they came out and said that 12th scale would be on carpet from there on out. Maybe not. They were trying to eliminate the "secret special" Yokomo tire.

Maybe a TC and 12th worlds on carpet would be awesome! Run one layout for 12th scale then change the layout and run it for Sedan! Would not be that hard to pull off a swap over with the day off between classes.

EA
There was some talk at the last Worlds of splitting 1/12 and TC so they would not have to be at the same venue.

I'd be all for a carpet Worlds if it was on the right track. A Euro size pro level track in a Vegas ballroom would be pretty good and would attract a full field. I heard there is a guy who has experience with this type of thing.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
There was some talk at the last Worlds of splitting 1/12 and TC so they would not have to be at the same venue.

I'd be all for a carpet Worlds if it was on the right track. A Euro size pro level track in a Vegas ballroom would be pretty good and would attract a full field. I heard there is a guy who has experience with this type of thing.
Wow, this would be awesome...makes all of the weather drama from 2012 a non- issue.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #18
Tech Elite

regardless of where it is held, if a class is contested on carpet, would it not make sense to qualify for that event on carpet? or for asphalt on asphalt?

just saying.....
al dente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
i agree
...in a state that EVERYONE wants to come to that has plenty of attractions and the best weather year round
Old 01-14-2013, 09:07 PM   #20
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
...in a state that EVERYONE wants to come to that has plenty of attractions and the best weather year round
FL? Cause no one wants to go to Cali!!!

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
Tech Regular

Quote:

EA
I hear Hawaii is nice also
HawaiiBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:47 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

EA
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiBob View Post
I hear Hawaii is nice also
LOL, there's room for only 1 and it ain't either of 'em.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:18 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart View Post
Lastly, I am fairly confident the US will get skipped over and the race move to the next bloc in lone (FEMCA). There are none or very few facilities in the US that can host a race of this magnitude. And many of the people capable of running an event like this won't do it for free.
Rick,

If I may ask, what's ROAR's priority in deciding whether the U.S. can host? Is it that they're looking for a really strong club, or a really big track?

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store.
Stand it like a man, and give some back. --Al Swearengen
PutAwayWet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Rick,

If I may ask, what's ROAR's priority in deciding whether the U.S. can host? Is it that they're looking for a really strong club, or a really big track?

Hey Todd, Organizing a Worlds is a daunting task even for those with deep experience. Significant dedication that will consume an organization. If your interested in more detail please contact me and I'll answer your questions.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by al dente View Post
regardless of where it is held, if a class is contested on carpet, would it not make sense to qualify for that event on carpet? or for asphalt on asphalt?

just saying.....
I agree. It makes the most sense to at least use the mod class at the Carpet Nats for 1/12 Worlds qualifying. But in that case the 2014 Carpet Nats might be the better qualifying event if it is not held too late for the sign up process.

ROAR just needs to figure this all out. It has been so long since a qualifying priority list was required that they could get surprised by the number of interested racers. The qualified drivers will not be an issue. But you can't accept alternates based on when they send their entry in. It must be based on results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PutAwayWet View Post
Rick,

I don't know what the actual requirements are but it is a matter of working within the structure of IFMAR and following the guidelines set forth by them.

Aide from IFMAR, a strong club is important in that it takes a huge number of volunteers to run a race of this magnitude.
Old 01-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I Don't know why it is so hard to find a track to host the EC worlds in the U.S. when the U.S. has sucessfully hosted two Nitro onroad worlds since 2009
,one being in texas for nitro sedan which I attended and latter on the 1/8th in Miami.....
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #27
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will talk to the guys at Gulfcoast Raceway in Porter, (Houston) Texas. This is one of my local tracks and is more than capable to handle an IFMAR event. I can tell you that from what I have heard, is that they had a really sour taste left over after the 1/10th IC Worlds. However, I think that they might be able to be persuaded into hosting an other event. They had bid on the on-road nats and if they would have gotten them, they were going to re-pave (although the track is still in good shape) in order to change the layout.

As long as there are guidelines with as what to follow, the organization, while time consuming is not a project that can't be handled by a competent group that understands how to fill out forms and is capable of coordination simple logistics. Now finding a group that is willing to do this is another story. If they do decide to host, I will try to see if I can help them organize the event. I would definitely be willing to give up some of my spare time to bring an event of this magnitude to the US.

Our problem would be setting up the carpet track. We would have to organize something in a convention center of some sort, unless we do get our carpet track in town by the end of this year.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Default New info

I was told that the results from both the 2013 Carpet and Asphalt Nats are used to determine the qualified drivers for the 2014 Worlds.

The number qualified from each event is determined by calculating the percentage of the total number of entries from both events. So if you get 20 entries at each event, 10 from each would qualify to make the 20 person team.

The ROAR team gets 20 spots plus 10 more for being the host venue. ROAR also get unused spots. There could easily be 50-60 spots for ROAR drivers which means that all these spots probably won't be taken anyway.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianTabush View Post
... They had bid on the on-road nats and if they would have gotten them, they were going to re-pave (although the track is still in good shape) in order to change the layout.
US tracks have to bid to hold a national?

What were the problems with the 1/10 nitro's worlds?
wlrc.co.uk (West London Racing Centre)
RCDisco.co.uk
Skiddins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rick, I'm assuming the same would apply for touring, where ROAR would get 32 slots plus 10 for being the hosting bloc.

RC Excitement: Fitchburg, MA | RC Madness: Enfield, CT | Horsham RC
samnelso is offline   Reply With Quote