Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree167Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 01:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Recent pics show that it would not really be a big leap from the current gen WRX. Besides, I can't see the business sense behind jacking the price up too much. I wouldn't be surprised if would still stay in the same segment.

Dissapointed that they announced on frankfurt that there are no plans for a 5-door hatch though. Considering that most Imprezas on the road I see are all hatchbacks.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Right, here's the official sway bars manual that arrived today:

Its about the same as Dark_Lunas' suggested awhile back, that we were running with the TA-05's coloured sways.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Sweet! I'm waiting for my sway bars to show up from BanzaiHobby. Should be awesome
Old 09-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Smile

Recent pics show that it would not really be a big leap from the current gen WRX. Besides, I can't see the business sense behind jacking the price up too much. I wouldn't be surprised if would still stay in the same segment.

Dissapointed that they announced on frankfurt that there are no plans for a 5-door hatch though. Considering that most Imprezas on the road I see are all hatchbacks.
I hope you right!
Old 09-12-2013, 12:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stormridersp
Right, here's the official sway bars manual that arrived today:

Its about the same as Dark_Lunas' suggested awhile back, that we were running with the TA-05's coloured sways.
Manual says rod stopper available separately? Including 3 little pieces of blue aluminium would have killed them?
Old 09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Raman
Manual says rod stopper available separately? Including 3 little pieces of blue aluminium would have killed them?
Don't you know? Tamiya Blue Aluminum is used as currency in some countries

I bet the Spec-R rod stoppers (for the R1) will work just fine.
Old 09-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

You can even use a Dubro rod stopper used in airplanes ... But it's just silly they left them out.. My M06 stabiliser set came with the rod stopper, so why not this one..

Sometimes these manfuacturers do bizarre things, I remember my Inferno GT, the entire car has bearings except the 2nd gear spur, which had a bushing lol. One more bearing in the kit and they'd be bankrupt rofl.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

You can even use a Dubro rod stopper used in airplanes ... But it's just silly they left them out.. My M06 stabiliser set came with the rod stopper, so why not this one..

Sometimes these manfuacturers do bizarre things, I remember my Inferno GT, the entire car has bearings except the 2nd gear spur, which had a bushing lol. One more bearing in the kit and they'd be bankrupt rofl.
Yeah, I would love to be in those decision meetings to figure out where it all went wonky. I think every manufacturer has done something stupid like this at some point
Old 09-12-2013, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

this maybe a more appropriate forum...

need help...
I got to run the xv in a parking lot (asphalt) during straight runs, I can maintain a straight line. I've adjusted the steering trim (+ first and then -) but I still can't get a straight line. I'm using the HK GT-2 Tx & Rx if it make a difference....

Any inputs what I need to check on the car?

The plus is, it corners nicely! I can do figure 8s better with this car than my 1/16 SCT.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by archerwin
this maybe a more appropriate forum...

need help...
I got to run the xv in a parking lot (asphalt) during straight runs, I can maintain a straight line. I've adjusted the steering trim (+ first and then -) but I still can't get a straight line. I'm using the HK GT-2 Tx & Rx if it make a difference....

Any inputs what I need to check on the car?

The plus is, it corners nicely! I can do figure 8s better with this car than my 1/16 SCT.
Are you saying the car is veering to one side on the straight? The way it's usually done is to adjust the subtrim until the car runs straight. The trim is used for in-race adjustments if necessary (after a hit, etc.).

If, however, you're saying that the car veers to one side, you adjust the trim to make it go straight, but then it starts to veer to the other side, I would look at a couple of things. First, how is your servo? Does it have any play, or could the gears be damaged and skipping? Next, do you have a servo saver? If so, is it the spring-loaded king that re-adjusts to center, or a cheaper kind that may not? Does that have a lot of play? Last, how is the overall steering play? If your steering is sloppy due to any of the above reasons, the car could act wonky on straights.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

My mother always said I could never save even a penny.. since I can't do it.. i might as well make others be just like me
ok i'll join this club. haha

good to see stuff coming up for the xv platform! i haven't been running my xv ever since i got my lunchbox (the lols on that truck). but i did finally get a brushless system for the xv so i'm excited to set it up again!
Old 09-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Not really rally, and not specific to XV, but damn this body is sweeeeeet! And it should fit!

Old 09-14-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here's a few shots of my latest livery on the XV-01. Probably should post these on the Rally thread in the off road section, but hey, on-road rally!

Old 09-14-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sith Lord
Here's a few shots of my latest livery on the XV-01. Probably should post these on the Rally thread in the off road section, but hey, on-road rally!

Hot damn that looks good! I keep wanting to buy that Evo body and paint it white to match my 1:1, but your paint job makes it look rally ready! Very nice
Old 09-14-2013, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Sith Lord, you posted them in the right place in my opinion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.