Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree167Likes

Tamiya XV-01

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 09:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I typed it wrong before. I was thinking of a 993 Turbo. Those are plenty fast.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Few xv01 tc pro questions
1. Think i know this one but can it use the xv01 reinforced belts?
2. 54514 xv01 stabilizer set is not compatible with the tc chassis but is a stabilizer set available if needed?
3. Do i use carbon reinforced /standard tb03 lower arms?
4. What is the max ride height?
Old 11-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by michaels tc
Few xv01 tc pro questions
1. Think i know this one but can it use the xv01 reinforced belts?
2. 54514 xv01 stabilizer set is not compatible with the tc chassis but is a stabilizer set available if needed?
3. Do i use carbon reinforced /standard tb03 lower arms?
4. What is the max ride height?
1. Yes
2. You can use stabilizers set from TA05/06, TRF416, 417
3. Yes those are the arms
4. not sure I’ll let someone else answer
michaels tc likes this.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Modified XV-01 with active wing
Old 12-12-2018, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayrush
Modified XV-01 with active wing
https://youtu.be/fHCh87YLTpo
Nice one :-). Does the wing respond to amount of throttle, or is it controlled by a separate channel?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Adept

Controlled by throttle. Watch at 44 sec
Old 12-12-2018, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rayrush
Controlled by throttle. Watch at 44 sec
That's the part that made me ask the question :-). Are you using custom mix on the transmitter, or some sort of Arduino-based controller in the car?
Old 12-12-2018, 06:20 PM
Tech Adept

No custom mix on transmitter. Just used a futaba sv servo which i programmed then used a y connector to throttle
Old 01-14-2019, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

I read the other day there will be a soft compound rallyblock tire from tamiya soon(item 54861). The only reference so far was only on tamiyablog.com, but a few online vendors have already created listings for the item but marked as not available yet. If this is the same compound as the super grip radials/superslicks it will be amazing. I mean even if it is the tamiya M2 compound it would still be a huge improvement and potentially a lot better than the HPI pirelli offerings.
Old 01-14-2019, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ejtnt
I read the other day there will be a soft compound rallyblock tire from tamiya soon(item 54861). The only reference so far was only on tamiyablog.com, but a few online vendors have already created listings for the item but marked as not available yet. If this is the same compound as the super grip radials/superslicks it will be amazing. I mean even if it is the tamiya M2 compound it would still be a huge improvement and potentially a lot better than the HPI pirelli offerings.
Great news! Though I still have the original Rally Block tires that came with my xv-01. I saved them because the street can really chew them up. I find even the original compound tires are really good on grass and dirt. What would the soft compound be used for? The originals worked well on the street tio because of the tread pattern. It has a very predictable grip and drift.

The multi spoke rally wheels are where they should revisit. On almost all my cars, the inner support spoke reinforcements tend to run on my steering and a-arm components. Ive had to save them down quite a bit.

Thanks for the news
Old 01-15-2019, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 4roller
Great news! Though I still have the original Rally Block tires that came with my xv-01. I saved them because the street can really chew them up. I find even the original compound tires are really good on grass and dirt. What would the soft compound be used for? The originals worked well on the street tio because of the tread pattern. It has a very predictable grip and drift.

The multi spoke rally wheels are where they should revisit. On almost all my cars, the inner support spoke reinforcements tend to run on my steering and a-arm components. Ive had to save them down quite a bit.

Thanks for the news
My experience with the tamiya rally block tires has been rather bad. The compound is super hard and the only scenarios where I have found it to work ok is on snow and super loose dirt and mud. Keep in mind I am running a 2900kv brushless system so maybe with the stock silver can brushed motor their grip is sufficient for you.

I would love to have more grip and have the car handle well in higher speeds also while driving off road. The Super grip Radial/Super slick tamiya compound is very sticky and quite close their slick type-a race compound, so if it is anything like that the handling will be very promising. Even the tamiya M2 compound (think of it is their Medium compound) would be a big improvement. Sure it could be that the car might lose a bit of its scale appeal since it might not drift as easily but I can live with that. I prefer to have a controllable car. My concern would tire life, but I guess we would have to wait and see about this one.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A properly grippy Rally Block tire would be a nice option, but at the same time, I prefer the scale realism of the HPI Pirelli tires. If only they were in stock...anywhere.
Old 01-16-2019, 10:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4roller

Thanks for the news
pretty much all the 26mm wheels from Tamiya will rub on steering arm, as they were designed when the a arm was shorter and the upright had more
of positive offset. Starting with the TB03 arms, 26mm wheels started to rub.. but at that point majority were running 24mm wheels. Only kits that came with the 26mm wheels were TT and XV. The XV arms won’t have this issue as they are shorter as well and the upright has more of a + offset.

So if you’re experiencing this, it’s because you switched to XV01 TC arms, which are from TB03
Old 01-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fyrstormer
A properly grippy Rally Block tire would be a nice option, but at the same time, I prefer the scale realism of the HPI Pirelli tires. If only they were in stock...anywhere.
I don't know man. I am still not really convinced about those. Which compound do you have experience with? The D has not been as grippy as I expected. Maybe I should try the S one if I am lucky to find any of them anywhere.

That said, MST makes some interesting looking rally tires, but I have no clue if they are any good. They do look super realistic though.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Default My daughter is using them....

...on her TT-02, when she is in "Rally-mood". It seems that they work overall fine. Bei sure to go with the softer compound.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.