Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested! >

The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Default The Best Shaft? Pro-4, TC-4, or Yok SD? Opinions Requested!

Who's the best out of the box?
Who's the best after modifications?
Which one is the most expensive to modify, and the least?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
Old 04-13-2005, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

They're all good and if you ask ten people, I'm sure you get just as many answers. I have a personal preference, but that's just it; it's personal preference. Any one of those cars are highly capable, although each has there own characteristics that appeal to different people.
Old 04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Pro 4 is the best for the stock class. It is easy to use and responsive to tuning imput. Mod would probably be the Yok SD. It has many more tuning parts and options than the TC4.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I like the Tc4. It will be easier to get parts,and advice on how to set it up
jimmy....
Old 04-13-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Best out of the box is the pro4 most def. You barely have to make any mods to it. And if you do it will be worth it since the car is already good stcok. This car is the least expensive car to mod too, becuase you really don't need to, except the upper deck mod which requires no money, just a drill. Yokomo Sd is good as well, but you might have to end up buying new parts for it(Brokomos). And the TC4 will probaly also one of the most fun cars to mod since there is a variety of selection to choose for it. I'd say go with the pro4 or the tc4. (Pro4 might end up saving you more money in the long run.)
Old 04-13-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best Shaft Car

HANDS DOWN PRO-4

LIGHTEST, BEST VALUE, MOST FREE

I am talking from experience I am a non sponsored driver that could choose any car I wanted and this is the only car that could allow me to keep up or beat factory drivers especially on a budget. If you want personal preference keep reading these posts if you want to win buy a pro-4. One last note I would somewhat agree with the fact it is a little tough to find the setup if your running pro-Mod ex. 6-7 turn so it may not be the best mod car for ease of use but for stock or 19 best shaft hands down

Last edited by TRESFR; 04-13-2005 at 08:21 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

weres the evo iv or the barracuda??
Old 04-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Addict

Default factory?

what factory drivers are you talking about? not molina he's factory bitter
Old 04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: factory?

Originally posted by lickrim
what factory drivers are you talking about? not molina he's factory bitter
you were just waiting to jump on that one. who knows maybe factory bitter at the babcock race. Chad miller tc-4 and a few other lo level team drivers I've beat not often but it has happened.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Best Shaft Car

Originally posted by TRESFR
HANDS DOWN PRO-4

LIGHTEST, BEST VALUE, MOST FREE

I am talking from experience I am a non sponsored driver that could choose any car I wanted and this is the only car that could allow me to keep up or beat factory drivers especially on a budget. If you want personal preference keep reading these posts if you want to win buy a pro-4. One last note I would somewhat agree with the fact it is a little tough to find the setup if your running pro-Mod ex. 6-7 turn so it may not be the best mod car for ease of use but for stock or 19 best shaft hands down
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Yeah i also forgot one of its best features BEING ONE OF THE MOST FREE DRIVETRAIN EVER!!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Default ok

if i were you i would be at 4fun hobbies running rp 30's and get your reedy setup's that surface is the closes your going to get.
take a break from the norm, go out in the sun its way better than you think , everybody knows that socal dont mean nothing. ill be at socal but not racing ........
Old 04-13-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default what up

went to socal allready? offroad tonight not so much traction for touring cars. just remember everybody......... your racing TOY CARS
for bowling tropheys.....two.... all good luck at the reedy
Old 04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Best Shaft Car

Originally posted by axel
CLAP! CLAP! CLAP! Yeah i also forgot one of its best features BEING ONE OF THE MOST FREE DRIVETRAIN EVER!!!!!
Another vote for the Pro 4. It's by far the most free 4wd drivetrain I've ever spun with my own hands. And it doesn't take hours and hours of massaging the diff cases to free it up either. *cough*...tc3...*cough* Ahem. scuse' me.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Pro4, Hands down , not in my neck of the woods. Folks are getting rid of those damn cars around here. Who wants to work on such a troublesome diff? -JB
Old 04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: ok

Originally posted by lickrim
if i were you i would be at 4fun hobbies running rp 30's and get your reedy setup's that surface is the closes your going to get.
take a break from the norm, go out in the sun its way better than you think , everybody knows that socal dont mean nothing. ill be at socal but not racing ........
Thanks for the heads up but I think I'll waite to see if I get in before I prep for the race.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.