Search
Like Tree68Likes

Tamiya TA05 Touring Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 06:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VenturaDC
no, well maybe for the first lap or two but the tire will over heat and actually get slick, run 32's for 36c and 36's for 37c and up
ooooh...
thanks .
if the track is a bit damped,what selection of tire should i use?
Old 04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just want to make a comment on the TA05.....After driving it now for 3 or 4 weekends I really have to say this is really one nice car to drive.It handles just great and seems to have better traction and grip than most of the other cars.There is a TC5 with something like a 2.5 brushless motor and a XRAY with a 6.5 brushless and I can run right up there with them with my 10 turn TA05.....Of course there faster down the long strech than me, but by the time we come out of the twist and turns I'm back in front......I dont know if they dont really know how to set their cars up for the track or what but so far Im loving it......I wonder what it would be like if I had a 9 turn motor and 38 shore tires........But for now the 12 turn and 42 shores are very competative.........Just had to say this.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default converting to 32p spur gear

any recommendations for a 32pitch spur gear that can fit TA05?
Any idea where to buy?
Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Maybe this is the wrong forum to ask but what brushless motor will have the longest run time a 12 turn or 9 turn.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:25 PM
PDR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by strong
Maybe this is the wrong forum to ask but what brushless motor will have the longest run time a 12 turn or 9 turn.
In the simplest of comparisons, a 9T will produce more power, thus consuming more energy, resulting in a shorter runtime.

The application and how you drive it will influence the real world answer.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

anyone running the ta05 with a front spool? if so what is the best way to compensate for the loss in steering when using a spool

thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsyed1
anyone running the ta05 with a front spool? if so what is the best way to compensate for the loss in steering when using a spool

thanks!
Hmmmm, I use spool because it gives me more steering....
There are tons of way to gain steering...lower the front shocks (upper) position, softer springs, less droop front, take out sway bar, softer tires, softer insert, more camber...higher roll center.

One thing to do for outdoor setting...front FRONT B block and front REAR A block...great outdoor setup.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Hmmmm, I use spool because it gives me more steering....
There are tons of way to gain steering...lower the front shocks (upper) position, softer springs, less droop front, take out sway bar, softer tires, softer insert, more camber...higher roll center.

One thing to do for outdoor setting...front FRONT B block and front REAR A block...great outdoor setup.
Thanks Solara ... i'll try softer springs I have yellows in the front at the moment and shock position is the lowest in the front... seems the turn radius is fairly large at the moment.... but again i have not used my ta05 in a while been running the 416x so maybe just need to adjust to the car...

so what is the advantage or disadvantage of using a regular diff in the front as opposed to a spool.... i was under the impression that regular front diff gives more steering because the front two wheels can run at different speeds... but less on power steering because of that... and spool gives less off power steering and more on power steering... confused
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

taken from the xray tuning guide

"A front full-time solid axle is typically used on large open outdoor tracks, or tracks that feature braking areas or slippery (low traction) conditions.
A front solid axle increases on-power steering, and allows the car to brake using all four wheels. This lets you brake much later than if you were using
a front one-way axle (which would give rear wheel braking only). Overall, using the front solid axle makes the car quite easy to drive.

Considerations: With a front solid axle, there is less off-power steering, and the car becomes more sensitive to tire diameter differences. To
compensate for these effects, changes can be made to the suspension (for example, roll center, front spring rate and/or damping, shock position,
or caster)."
Old 04-28-2010, 02:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

I recently removed the stock dogbones from my IFS and replaced them with the 46mm universals, part 53847. With the universals in place there is now excessive play between the wheel hub and the arm. I was told there is a spacer set that eliminates this play when using the universals. Does anyone have the model number for these spacers?
Old 04-28-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Leroifittipalde
I recently removed the stock dogbones from my IFS and replaced them with the 46mm universals, part 53847. With the universals in place there is now excessive play between the wheel hub and the arm. I was told there is a spacer set that eliminates this play when using the universals. Does anyone have the model number for these spacers?
Spacer won't solve the problem...you need the 416 steering knuckle 51332 and the bearings within 51239 BB23/1050 x 4
Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question......While racing my TA05 with two diff setup..... I notice that when I try to take the corner at the end of the long straight off throttle with to much speed I will lose traction and spin out......But if I use some throttle thru the turn(pulse the throttle)it will pull right thru without the spin out.......Is this normal and I just need to adjust my driving to the car or is there something else I should do like adjust diffs....buy front oneway or spool.....or play around with shocks,spring......ect......I like to coast thru the corners off throttle and just drive but also like front and rear brakes.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

sounds like too much weight transfer to the front when you let go
Old 04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stitchy
sounds like too much weight transfer to the front when you let go
+1

also make sure the front diff is tighter then the rear, will make a big difference
Old 04-28-2010, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK....So first I will tighten the front diff some.......second I will try harder springs up front.....Thanks.....How tight can you go on these diffs because really it's my frist time using ball diffs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.