xxx-s g+ or Tc4 team kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

its all on how you set the car up losi all the way yea losi
Old 05-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

id go with losi, cuz the last race i did i was usin the G+ and even with the chasis upgrade that this guy did with his TC4 (sponsored driver) plus a very fast motor, i still was catchin him untill i hit the pipe, didnt break tho, i've seen several TC4's get taken off the track broken, i have only done that like 3 times and i just got kicked out of novice last season. so go with losi, its a far superior car as some would say.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Pic one, flip a freaking coin. Either car will do you just fine once you learn how to set it up. I drove the TQs xxx-s at a local race and it felt very similar to my xray FK. Im no professional, and im going to assume you arent either, or you wouldnt be asking this question, so i dont think youre going to notice anything handling wise. you will however notice fit & finish and how easily parts go together.

all of these threads can be answered the same way. (theres 2 or 3 up here atm) See what your LHS is stocking and go from there. If they stock both, see what the fast & friendly guys are running so they can give you tips & tricks.

/end
Old 05-02-2005, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Losiracer06-It partly depends on who the driver is For instance-I could have the fastest car in the world,and you had the slowest, but if i flew over the wall at every corner you would eventualy pass me
Old 05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Both cars are great, I guess it is going to come down to the old belt drive or drive shaft. I have driven both and they are equally matched cars. I like the losi for the ease of maintenence (sp) and the ease of working on the diffs with the belt drive. On the other side of the coin the TC4 is a new release with lot's of potential (sp) parts are easy to find etc. Working on the diffs and the drivetrain is a bit more complex as compared to the Losi, but not any big deal IMO. I think the Losi is the chaeper of the two options. Someone already posted about waiting for the factory team edition to come out, and that might not be a bad idea if you go the AE route. Cheaper for you in the long run.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Both WERE great cars. If I had a choice, I would buy the G+, then get the black belt conversion and ceramic bearings. That's only if I had to choose between the two. For about the same money you could get a Yokomo SD or HPI Pro 4.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Pro4Capece
Both WERE great cars. If I had a choice, I would buy the G+, then get the black belt conversion and ceramic bearings. That's only if I had to choose between the two. For about the same money you could get a Yokomo SD or HPI Pro 4.
yeah pro4 all the way, or xxx-s G+. tc4 is still good, but xxx-s seems stronger in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2005, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

If you are serious about sedan, try the new JRX-S, rather then waiting for the "upgraded carbon impregnated polymer" version of the TC4.

While the Yok and HPI cars seem good on the track, i've never seen one in stock at a hobby store, or the parts for one............

The top cars right now though, it seems.....

Tamiya 415
HPI pro4(the latest version)
X ray(this months version)
Corally(the latest version)
JRX-S
XXX-S G+
TC4(once the "team" kit is out)...in no particualr order......Jim
Old 05-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
X ray(this months version)
Old 05-02-2005, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by W.E.D.Jim
If you are serious about sedan, try the new JRX-S, rather then waiting for the "upgraded carbon impregnated polymer" version of the TC4.
I hope everyone realises that all the fancy carbonfibre chassis are just carbonfibre reinforced PLASTIC (well polymer resin)

Go for the TC4 it is a newer car and will have better support in the future with regards to parts than the now replaced XXXs.
It also has more scope for suspension adjustments with the vertical ballstuds and shims under the arm mounts.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by fathead
I hope everyone realises that all the fancy carbonfibre chassis are just carbonfibre reinforced PLASTIC (well polymer resin)

Go for the TC4 it is a newer car and will have better support in the future with regards to parts than the now replaced XXXs.
It also has more scope for suspension adjustments with the vertical ballstuds and shims under the arm mounts.
The XXX-S is not being replaced by thr JRX-S last I heard
Old 05-02-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

I just assumed it would be replaced by the newer car
Old 05-03-2005, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

In actuality the "graphite" parts are carbon fiber filled, rather then glass fiber filled, but the polymers are different as well. A simple look at a "graphite" molded component will show a lighter color then the standard parts do. This doesn't happen only because the filler material is different, it happens because the material preperation process affects all the material, since it is mixed and injected into the mold as one material, not seperately filled like it sounds.

This is how a part can be improved and made more durable without any visible changes to the casual R/C armchair quarterback. Simply by changing the locations the material is injected into the mold at can effect how the fibers in the material interlock and bridge weak spots found from an earlier injection location used. But now we're on a whole other subject......

The XXXS is still being sold as a club racer, or alternative to the top of the line JRX-S, which is the more adjustable, more expensive racing sedan, but not replacement...........Jim
Old 05-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by NVisible
Pic one, flip a freaking coin.

/end
Thats what i did for the tc3 or a cheap tao4
Old 05-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

My XXX-S carbon impregnated polymer Plus is for sale now that I'm in the my X-ray of the month club. PM me if your interested mr. RPC. It comes with a bunch of parts and ran once foams, and a body never used. and ran twice rubber's, It's being sold as a roller.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
xxx-s.bmp (199.6 KB, 120 views)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.