Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!! >

new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new chassis out there for the F201 Check it out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Afro Puff
I too would be interested in a side-by-side format for this chassis. One of the main reasons my F201 sits now is because I can't use any of my normal battery packs. If I could just keep all my cells in side-by-side format, I'd be much happier!
check it out it is with saddle pack ok
http://home.comcast.net/~martylee38/...ome.html-.html
Old 03-29-2005, 01:40 PM
Doc
Tech Adept

Can you cut additional battery slots in the saddle-pack chassis? I'm thinking---- if there were two more slots aft of the existing slots on each side, this would make it easy to adjust weight distribution......Don't know if this would weaken the chassis,though...... side note: thanks for trying something new!!! looks awesome.....
Old 03-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Marty Peterson
check it out it is with saddle pack ok
Is it possible to use side-by-side packs ( like the TC3 packs /etc)?
Old 03-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's what I'd like too, so i can use my 415'ed batteries in it.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Could you make it to use 1/12th foam tires. They look more realistic but if not regular 1/10th foam tires. They used to make conversion kits for the old tamiya kits to convert these- actually got quite a few left (1/12th). If your making the kits how about getting someone to make the bodies.Tamiya bodies are way over priced.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Ok everyone I am going to post 3 pictures on my web page on how one might be able to set up battery slots ok, I like all of the Ideas Thanks,

Martin Peterson

MLP R/C Motorsports Inc

Taking R/C Racing To The Next Level !

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 03-30-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BullFrog
Could you make it to use 1/12th foam tires. They look more realistic but if not regular 1/10th foam tires. They used to make conversion kits for the old tamiya kits to convert these- actually got quite a few left (1/12th). If your making the kits how about getting someone to make the bodies.Tamiya bodies are way over priced.
Why would you want to use 12 scale foams? RUbber all the way!!!

You can get F201 bodies for 20-25 if you check around.. Just get it with-out the wings...
Old 03-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You use 1/12th because it looks the most realistic. We race outdoors and I don't use rubber for F1. My old F1 car is where it's been since everyone quit racing them in 1999- on the shelf. I would be interested in these new cars if they were 2wd with 4 cells and 19t and on 1/12th foam tires.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Default F1 2WD Electirc and Nitro Cars and the F201SCF

Hi ok I think we are going into an area Other than The F201SCF Chassis that I am offering right now ok.

But here is some instie on what is to come at the end of the year ok.

Right now is what we call Project X it is an F1 Chassis kit complete no wheels and tires and no body, We have been looking into Foam tyres 1/10 as well as 1/12, or rubber tyres and even wheels or having wheels made to run foam and rubber,

This new chassis we are going to release in the fall is a full working suspension car, something like that of the F201 only the shock will mount is in the same place other than that the chassis design as well as the drivetrain are all new; you have never seen this set up on any other car out there, it will use an easy to ajustable traction set up so you turn a nut in for more rear tyre bite or turn it out for less (and it is not like the F103 style) as this will aid in off the line launch and exiting out of slow corners once underway the chassis takes over on the rest of the handling I will post the proto type as soon as it is up and running ok.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now we now offer the chassis kit for the F201 and 3Racing up grades as well as our own complete kit but you use your F201 Tamiya drive train and running gear ok.

What we here at MLP motorsports are working on is making a better chassis for your R/C cars you own at this time, for F1 all of our work is to come up with the best F1 car out there there will be steps to make the only 1 true 1/10 scale F1 car this is what our goal is at this time.

Thank you

MLP R/C Motorsports.

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 03-31-2005 at 07:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Doc
Tech Adept

Default F201 Chassis

Bring some samples of your chassis down to the TCS Regional in Cincinnati this weekend.....There'll be no shortage of hard core F1 fanatics at this race, and you might catch Tamiya's eye about offering it as an aftermarket approved hop-up part.....Jaco did this several years ago with foam tires/rims for the F103.

bruce
Old 03-30-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Bruce AKA DOC.

That is way to soon I couldn,t make that one But if I would have known about it sooner I might have sent the Chassis to some one that could have tested the car out there for us.
Just to get it into the publics eye.

But at this time I am way to busy making chassis I have around 30 pre-paid orders I need to get out. and a bunch of people waiting for replys to there email on the car and 100 people waiting to see feedback on the chassis from people that bought them from us.

Our first public view of the chassis will be at the Tamiya Track out in cali, this summer as the company heads will be there. And we will also be looking for people to take the car to each tamiya event next year .

The way it looks is that the chassis will be sold in the 100's before we make a TCS race.

To show it, as we will show it at local races all summer long till our own new F1 is out.

we are going to try to have all 3 of our F1 Chassis, and completed cars at all the Tamiya events next year. if other countrys hold the TCS races next year I will be looking for people to take the 3 cars to each event all over the world and if TCS is not going to run it in other countrys we will try to find big events all over to get this car out in view ok.

Starting out here this is where I will be.

June 5, 2005
Race #114
Tamiya America, Inc.
Aliso Viejo, CA 92656

Last edited by Marty Peterson; 03-31-2005 at 07:26 AM.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

feb 26-27 2005? its almost april.. :P
Old 03-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Very impressive ideas there Marty, i would hope that a more user firendly chassis such as this will revive the F1 class. You have PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

With this years' F1 rules, the engine and tire bit, it makes this style of racing the closest to any r/c action out there. When was the last time you saw any real series run foam tires or not allowed to change tires unless weather causes a safety concern?

If I can generate enough interest in my area I would like to run scaled race length and a points series. (rain or shine)

Old 04-01-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Now that would be cool I had an R/C Mag once a few years back and a track in japan they were running in the rain not a down pour but in the rain it was cool to see the pics of the F1 cars with the fantail of rain behind them I have always felt this would be cool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.