Old 10-19-2012, 01:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

rctech has a forum for it:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-larger-scales-more-5/
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
Not sure if he still does, but Tony Stewart owns Custom Works. One of the leading companies in Dirt Oval R/C and he would show up to some of the races and do pretty good for a guy that doesnt do rc fulltime.
Tony still does. I know he plans on racing at the new rc track in Statesville.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

At Jeff's RC Studio in Fort Myers, Florida we have oval races once a month. Nascar is well repesented at these races in 3 classes. Sprint Cup, Hooters, and Nastruck. Sprint Cup and Hooters are 13.5 turn motors in pan car chassis, the difference being Sprint Cup is boosted. Our Nastruck series is 17.5 turn motors on 4wd touring car chassis. All three classes are fun to run in and give you the feel of nascar. On Youtube, if you look for Jeff's RC Studio, you can catch a lot of the oval races recorded.

Nascar is definately alive and well in the world of RC
Old 10-19-2012, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WongTamiya
I was just wondering if anyone was actually intersted in Nascar in RC. It seems cool to me as you can get a kind of simulation race with stock cars and pit stops. More like a nascar oval endurance race. I don't know about any bodies or chassis designed for this kind of race though, besides maybe toy grade.
I too would love to see a entry level car similar to the new Traxxas 1/8th 100 mph car but 1/10th scale with a very realistic NASCAR body/wheels and tires. I sent traxxas a suggestion for them to produce a realistic scale NASCAR replica bodies such as #88 Dale jr. #24 Jeff Gordon etc. spec chassis/ motors and tires. several top team bodies. They could create a spec class similar to the spec Slash SC off road class but for parking lot ovals.

I used to race 1/10th oval, but not a fan of pan cars, foam tires and those unrealistic looking bodies all sporting huge rear wings. really an archaic form of rc racing that has just about died locally.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FNG RIDER
I too would love to see a entry level car similar to the new Traxxas 1/8th 100 mph car but 1/10th scale with a very realistic NASCAR body/wheels and tires. I sent traxxas a suggestion for them to produce a realistic scale NASCAR replica bodies such as #88 Dale jr. #24 Jeff Gordon etc. spec chassis/ motors and tires. several top team bodies. They could create a spec class similar to the spec Slash SC off road class but for parking lot ovals.

I used to race 1/10th oval, but not a fan of pan cars, foam tires and those unrealistic looking bodies all sporting huge rear wings. really an archaic form of rc racing that has just about died locally.
I might pass on oval -_- I dont like pan cars either. The bodies looks really cool though.
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WongTamiya
I might pass on oval -_- I dont like pan cars either. The bodies looks really cool though.
agreed. Though ill admit suspension wise nascar is the onl series a pan car is more realistic than the other types