Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Take it easy on ROAR guys

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This fall you can vote for the VP. Next fall the Pres. All other positions on the Ex Com are appointed.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.roarracing.com/rules/pdfs...les3.21.05.pdf
http://www.roarracing.com/rules/pdfs...les3.21.05.pdf
Old 03-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Thats my point. The ExCom has all the power in Roar and there is nothing I as a Roar member can do to change the direction of Roar without being able to change the ExCom!
Old 03-24-2005, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

It's not so much "nothing" - that's overly fatalistic and simplistic.

Listen - I don't agree with a lot the ExComm does or things - but I know 3-4 of the people on there and they seem to be fairly reasonable.

So, you CAN get input to how things work. Get involved in one of the committees - that's where track nominations are discussed and recommendations are made - that's where rule change recommendations are made - that's where input is given.

One of the big reasons why the ExComm has had to make decisions on their own is a lack of involvement - people got on committees and then just didn't do anything.

Just saying "Well, since I can't elect the ExComm, I can't do anything. . ." is really fairly useless.
Old 03-24-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Boomer

One of the big reasons why the ExComm has had to make decisions on their own is a lack of involvement - people got on committees and then just didn't do anything.

Frustrating, isn't it?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Bommer with a vote comes a voice. At this point in time I don't think I could commit enough time to represent others fairly if I chose to be on a committee or run for a position. However my opinions could be represented through those that have time and were running for office with a vote for them. What steps regarding changes to the rules and regulations can any of the elected officials make? Although no one person should be able to run amuck within the system, so this is a good and bad thing. I realize that there are some checks and balances setup here.

I have no individual problems with any of the Roar officials, I think they do the best they can with the system they work within. It's the system I would like to see changed.

I over simplified my statement to make a point and show that there is currently little a member or elected official can do to change things if the ExComm is happy with the status quo. They are the power in the system and no one but they can change that. Is this statement correct or not?

Lastly I am tired of the "if you want to change things volunteer" line handed out every time someone questions how things in Roar work. I would love to have the opportunity to become a roar volunteer, but it's likely going to be a few years down the road. Right now the only way I can change things is with my vote, when and if I get my rev-up on time
Old 03-24-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

I bet the Rev-Up will be email based soon, just a guess. Save time, effort, money. Maybe I will even volunteer to do it, there must be some PHP scripts out there already to handle a mailing list.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro
I bet the Rev-Up will be email based soon, just a guess. Save time, effort, money. Maybe I will even volunteer to do it, there must be some PHP scripts out there already to handle a mailing list.
This has been a VERY long painful thing to try to get changed. But I think the Ex Com is making way for it.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro
I bet the Rev-Up will be email based soon, just a guess.

Old 03-24-2005, 02:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Boomer
I am (was?) on the On Road Electric Committee. I wrote most of the 19T motor On Road rules for 2004. I say I was on the on Road Committee because I had to ruffle so many feathers at ROAR and IFMAR to get the Worlds to happen properly that I am now completely frozen out from ROAR. Rick does not return my emails or calls and I get no committee emails.

I was one of the 3 organizers for the IFMAR Worlds. ROAR messed up so many many details (Track selection confirmation to IFMAR, Tire Approval delays and the body legalization fiasco) leading up to the worlds is was a miracle that IFMAR didn't skip over the US and award it to another country.

I have been pretty outspoken in the last year about how much of a disaster ROAR is. Why? Because for the previous 3 years I have busted my butt to help ROAR any way I could to move forward. My reward is the cold shoulder.
Old 03-24-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

I havn't seen the rules yet, where can i find them?
Old 03-24-2005, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

They're posted on http://www.roarracing.com/rules