Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Looking at the T4 steering rack, would it be possible to flip the rack around, and have the arms lower and put he rack on top so I would like to avoid the steering limitation? Looking at it though I think might need shorter posts. I would like to mount it similar to BD7.
You should buy a bd7!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

No, I don't want to buy rubber hex wrenches, a padded pit table and bubble wrap my car.

Originally Posted by B00t13g
You should buy a bd7!
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Regular

No, I don't want to buy rubber hex wrenches, a padded pit table and bubble wrap my car.

Tbh though, there is plenty of steering on the t4, didn't see anyone go on the inside of me or any other t4 drivers at the big meet I had on Sunday.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

Naa..it's more of a perfectionist and logic thing with me. It's all good, but when I think logic design I first would think, mount the heaviest part of the steering components being the optional aluminum steering arms low as possible, thus reducing weight by making the steering posts shorter, putting the rack higher, thus not needing three shims, making easier access to the rack screws from above, and not limiting the steering throw.

Originally Posted by Mb3195

Tbh though, there is plenty of steering on the t4, didn't see anyone go on the inside of me or any other t4 drivers at the big meet I had on Sunday.
Old 10-24-2012, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
yep. Ride height is more like 7mm without it.
What modification was made?
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by defcone
What modification was made?
First you need to shorten the bottom ball cups by .5mm, unscrew the top collar and remove the O ring then bore out the top of the collar to 15mm this then allows the collar to ride 2mm up and over the shock cap (14.8mm dia) You can still put the O ring back in to use with the shorter springs.

If you look close at the pics you can see the screw collar about 2.5mm higher than standard.

Bb
Old 10-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Tech Elite

Looking at the T4 steering rack, would it be possible to flip the rack around, and have the arms lower and put he rack on top so I would like to avoid the steering limitation? Looking at it though I think might need shorter posts. I would like to mount it similar to BD7.
Probably not, If the arms are the wrong way up now, the link to the servo hits the top deck as there isn't enough room.
If you were to mount everything very low it will all start to foul on the belt.

Better off working on a setup to give you more steering.

Skiddins

P.S. don't bother with aluminium arms, just adding more unnecessary weight
Old 10-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy
First you need to shorten the bottom ball cups by .5mm, unscrew the top collar and remove the O ring then bore out the top of the collar to 15mm this then allows the collar to ride 2mm up and over the shock cap (14.8mm dia) You can still put the O ring back in to use with the shorter springs.

If you look close at the pics you can see the screw collar about 2.5mm higher than standard.

Bb
Have you thought of using lowered retainers?lol
Old 10-24-2012, 01:49 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, I could easy make some but you would then need to grind away at the wishbone to get them to fit, only takes 5mins to alter the screw collars, only real alteration between kit and mod is the shortening of the ball cup by .5 mm

I could do an easier fix and buy a new set of shorter springs

Bb
Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 AM
Tech Regular

you still wouldn't be able to get the ride height low enough by doing this.
Old 10-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Elite

Yeah, again personal preference, after looking at it again, I think all you would have to do is create shorter steering posts. If you flip the arms around and put the rack on top you have more than enough belt clearance. It hard to eye ball it, since I don't have my car yet. I've already order the aluminum arms. I broke too many plastic ones on my 12. Waiting for the new motor mount, pivot ball block and it will be a thing of absolute beauty. I think I'll call her Betty.

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Probably not, If the arms are the wrong way up now, the link to the servo hits the top deck as there isn't enough room.
If you were to mount everything very low it will all start to foul on the belt.

Better off working on a setup to give you more steering.

Skiddins

P.S. don't bother with aluminium arms, just adding more unnecessary weight
Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Man, this thread is already at nearly 1000 posts and only a handful of people have gotten theirs on this forum...

Waiting badly for my car to start shipping!
And more then half is nonsense and people whining about not getting the car yet. To get to the gold posts I have to dig through all the crap posts. Just wait god damn it...
Old 10-24-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sam9
And more then half is nonsense and people whining about not getting the car yet. To get to the gold posts I have to dig through all the crap posts. Just wait god damn it...
Don't worry, soon everyone will have theirs and it will be 'normal service is resumed'
Old 10-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Tech Regular

I should have mine tomorrow or friday... WOOOOO
Old 10-24-2012, 04:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Got mine today in Australia.
Thanks R.A.B Hobbies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.