Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Old 09-26-2012, 04:35 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
By the distance of the bulkheads i'm pretty sure it is not a T3 and now i'm certain, look at this published on Xray page:

European championship 1/10 TC Stock Results

1. Remi Callens - XRAY T3'12
2. Joan Urbain
3. Jan Asmer
4. Daniel Wohlgemuth
5. Joe Streff - XRAY T3'12
6. Francesco Martini - XRAY
7. Gonzalo Garcia
8. Javier Hidalgo Bonet
9. Gilles Choque - XRAY T3'12
10. Thorsten Zorn

The only one without a reference to the car is Francesco.

And just some more "teasing" from Xray: http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/new...d58323a5f41e86

Martin Hudy looks like Gollum in that photo! not the best picture of him... Either way i'm sure it's going to be a great car.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vabroom
Thanks, Sean. Now I see. How about about the way the rear bulk head extend pass the rear of the chassis. Looks like they are almost even with the rear tires. Would after some hits in this area would eventually cause a tweak or am I looking at this wrong again. Not trying to bash, but I am considering getting this chassis. Just bringing concerns as I see/don't see them.
I think it's because the bulkheads are identical front and rear, they're different at each end on the T3'12.

At the moment the front roll bar mounts are horizontal and bit that sticks forward acts like a backstop for the front bumper upper mount.

When the same bulkhead is placed at the rear facing the exact opposite direction, the 'backstop' simply sticks out.

Although it would take an impact from the rear, the bits that stick out will be close together and low to the chassis (though still above the other cars bumper line)

I should think it's still better than those metal parts that get stuck onto the body posts to support the rear deck.

Skiddins
Old 09-26-2012, 05:50 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucketboy
Deffo not the same chassis, the top pic has square shoulders the bottom has angled. Infact the more I look at the top piccy the more I think its a T3 with a prtotype chassis and a few other bits.

Bb
That was the worlds Prototype chassis and is in fact an Early T4. The other pic from Francisco is a preproduction T4 and is more in line with what the finished product is going to look like. While the chassis looks wide in that photo it is no wider than my T3'12 when I compared them last night.

EA
Old 09-26-2012, 08:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
...no wider than my T3'12 when I compared them last night.

EA
Sure.....rub it in why don't ya!! lol
Old 09-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChrisP
Sure.....rub it in why don't ya!! lol
You don't want to know what he had to do on the trip to Poland to get the privilege
Old 09-26-2012, 08:29 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
You don't want to know what he had to do on the trip to Poland to get the privilege
I'll let you know if it was worth it after I run it tomorrow night!

EA
Old 09-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B00t13g
If that's what the chassis is going to look like I'm glad I bought a bd7.
If you dont like it, go somewhere els.
BD7 is a nice car and you are free to have your own choice.
Or have the BD7 trown you out the forum.
And if you are a topdriver you behave different, so I assume you
are not that what you think you are but you are what whe think you are,guess?

Last edited by eded1; 09-26-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eded1
If you dont like it, go somewhere els.
BD7 is a nice car and you are free to have your own choice.
Or have the BD7 trown you out the forum
Ya the bd7 is nice just as long as you dont tap anything ..lol its nick name is brokomo for a reason lol
Old 09-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by theatriks
Ya the bd7 is nice just as long as you dont tap anything ..lol its nick name is brokomo for a reason lol
Brokomo is a funny name but if whe do like him whe are wrong also.
He like to attack forums and on his BD7 forum he shout out loud to people
who write a note with some critical sence.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
Martin Hudy looks like Gollum in that photo! not the best picture of him... Either way i'm sure it's going to be a great car.
My Precious!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

maybe mid of OCT release
Old 09-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

This sounds like somebody interviewed Martin Hudy. The anticipation is almost too much to handle.

Waiting For The New XRAY T4
Sep. 26, 2012
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Martin Hudy, XRAY T4 designer: To design the new T4 we have started with a clear mind and a very clear idea what we wanted to achieve – the most sophisticated and advanced electric touring car suitable for all racing conditions, fitting the needs and requirements of every level of driver and featuring all the technical details and set-up options required to make the car outstanding. We would, of course, achieve this using the artistic craftsmanship, perfectionism and attention to every technical and manufacturing detail. We wouldn’t rest until we achieved the result that the racers have grown to expect from XRAY – a masterpiece.

After the outstanding success of all our previous models and platforms and our clear desire to raise the bar, this time by a significant leap, it was the time for something different, time for an all-new platform, the new T4.

For almost a full year, the XRAY R&D team have been refining and developing the new T4 platform. Working from the ground up to create this new platform, thousands of hours were spent on tracks around the world, at our own test facilities, as well as in production design and prototyping. The design team did not want to leave any stone unturned, any application untested.

During the year 5 completely different prototypes were tested by the XRAY factory team around the world in all the different track conditions. Whether it was carpet or asphalt, indoor or outdoor, hot or cold conditions, thousands and thousands of laps were run and countless amounts of data was recorded to be evaluated and compared. Out of all the prototypes, only the best ideas and parts proven on the track were chosen and incorporated into the final prototype which was for several months hard-core tested by 12 different team drivers in 12 different countries around the world in varied racing conditions – all with the same result, feedback and conclusion by all the drivers: “This is the best performing, most innovative Xray touring car that I have ever tested or driven.”

The waiting will be over soon, complete presentation of the T4 will be released in a short time.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

What happened to the thread with the T4 picture with the servo mounted inboard with the saver coming up through the top deck with the saver and the link centered?
Old 09-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by chensleyrc1
What happened to the thread with the T4 picture with the servo mounted inboard with the saver coming up through the top deck with the saver and the link centered?
I believe that thread was deleted by request. Too many T4 secrets given out too soon, probably...
Old 09-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
I believe that thread was deleted by request. Too many T4 secrets given out too soon, probably...
That's kinda what I was thinking, lol.
Can't wait until it comes out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.