Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Are you joking about the support of uk based drivers. I'm sponsored by Rcdisco in the uk and I run at Bedworth where there is another 10 xray drivers.

Zak Finlay and James Hart are the main top drivers in the uk and if you went to the top events for like the Brca Clubmans or Nationals there are loads of xray drivers.

If you need a setup sheet to start up with that is quick around a track just pm me and I will send you one.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:46 PM
reg
Tech Adept

"Joking"
Don't think I questioned at the lack of drivers in the uk!
I asked for a forum based for uk drivers for the T4!

Originally Posted by jordan.norwood@
Are you joking about the support of uk based drivers. I'm sponsored by Rcdisco in the uk and I run at Bedworth where there is another 10 xray drivers.

Zak Finlay and James Hart are the main top drivers in the uk and if you went to the top events for like the Brca Clubmans or Nationals there are loads of xray drivers.

If you need a setup sheet to start up with that is quick around a track just pm me and I will send you one.
Old 07-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reg
"Joking"
then your already here,its about the best source of info,if you want set up sheets then the xray forum although most are locked,also petit rc has alot of usefull set ups,as for drivers giving you tips good luck the ones that talk are few and far between
Old 07-27-2013, 03:12 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
then your already here,its about the best source of info,if you want set up sheets then the xray forum although most are locked,also petit rc has alot of usefull set ups,as for drivers giving you tips good luck the ones that talk are few and far between
Thanks ill have a look at the sites you suggest,
I think you right,
Nothing like a post to make you feel like a pain in the ass!
Old 07-27-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by reg
"Joking"
If that's what you're after, you're already there. There are plenty of us here from the uk, racing both indoors and outdoors.

For setups the Xray website is good, with plenty of T4 setups for uk tracks on uk tyres. If I were a carpet racer I'd start with one of James Harts setups from last winter as he had some mega results with the T4 on carpet.

For specific advice and info, ask a specific question and you'll get plenty of advice on here.

Hope that helps! I've raced cars in the past where there has been no forum support from UK drivers, so I know where you're coming from, as getting those last few bits of setup tips really make a difference. Having said that, the best way to get these is to nose around other people's cars at the track, as the devil is in the detail
Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Thanks Dale,
Some good info,very good to know uk racers are hear and happy to help,
Looking forward to the indoor season with a new ride
Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I relocated the antenna mount behind the servo. Now it doesn't get in the way when I need to remove the top deck. My first hole was too close to the top deck, though. So now I have another empty countersunk hole in my chassis. Doh!

I also played around with the steering linkage some more. Apparently I was wrong about tilting towards the top deck. It does seem to give more even throw with less EPA imbalance when it's closer to vertical with a slightly longer link. But I do need to double Check that my tie rods are even. I was centering the rack by eye.

I am still amazed by how light this car is.

-Mike
Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by reg
Hi,
I'm from the uk and thinking of getting a T4 for the coming indoor season,
Just a bit worried about the support over here,
Any uk drivers point me in the direction of a site aimed at the uk based drivers,
Thanks,
Mark
depends what you mean by a site aimed at uk based drivers.
For tips setups help etc there is either this forum or Xrays own forum.

Most clubs have plenty of T4 drivers who will all help you.
As mentioned the Top Xrays Guys like James Hart are very approachable and will happily give advice.

Last edited by Barry_Hughes; 07-28-2013 at 01:43 PM. Reason: missed posts after the intial one Doh!
Old 07-28-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Not sure if anyone in here is looking to sell, but I'm looking for a t4, good condition, not warped or crashed to crap, and spare parts. I want to upgrade my t3 2012, and use that chassis for my VTA car and then sell the 2011.
Old 07-29-2013, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey guys
I was wondering what brand oil i can use that matches the kit oil.
I want the 350 in the shocks and 700 in the diff can anyone give me some different brand equivalents as i liked the standard oils a lot.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AleD123
Hey guys
I want the 350 in the shocks and 700 in the diff can anyone give me some different brand equivalents as i liked the standard oils a lot.
Why not just buy the Hudy oils in those weights as they are the ones supplied in the kit?

Any other Brand though rated the same might not actually be the same.
Old 07-29-2013, 01:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AleD123
Hey guys
As Barry said, get the Xray oils and then you know you have the same

Skiddins

P.S. Don't know what surface you're running on, but we've found roughly 2000 oil to be the minimum to get good drive out of corners.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
Anyone got spur size recommendations for 17.5T blinky and 10.5T blinky?, I have every 48p pinion from 15-40 tooth, just have no idea what size spur will be ideal range wise on the T4 I just got, and I'd rather not have to buy a heap to figure out what will work, thanks.
At the AOC I ran 70-72T with 34-36T pinions in 48P for 17.5 blinky. It's a tight fit with the motor screws and takes a bit of messing around to get the placement of the pinion aligned with the spur but not touching the motor screws.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kermit
At the AOC I ran 70-72T with 34-36T pinions in 48P for 17.5 blinky. It's a tight fit with the motor screws and takes a bit of messing around to get the placement of the pinion aligned with the spur but not touching the motor screws.
In 21.5 Blinky we need to go even further. At my home track in Sydney (SMA) we will run gearing up to 64 spur with 43 pinion (48 pitch). As Kermit says, getting the correct mesh without allowing the pinion to rub on the motor screws takes some patience.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Diff Oils

I currently run 1,000 oil in my T4 diff.

What would be the expected outcome of running say 2,000?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.