Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Try removing some of those front shock shims as well.

My fastest times are with front progressive springs, and Zak Finlay who FTD'd the GP
as the 2.3/2.6 are slightly stiffer than the 2.6/2.8 which ones did you use?theres too much misleading info flying around the pits,ill give it a go this weekend,as i think a few are at west london so ill use this weekend to do some thorough testing
Old 06-19-2013, 06:34 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (80%+)

Hi got heaps of xray t4 parts for sale at cheap prices pm me if you want a list
Old 06-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chasingthepack
as the 2.3/2.6 are slightly stiffer than the 2.6/2.8 which ones did you use?theres too much misleading info flying around the pits,ill give it a go this weekend,as i think a few are at west london so ill use this weekend to do some thorough testing
RSD asphalt springs!!! Way better
Old 06-20-2013, 01:41 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks guys for the info. Now I understand gear diff oil setup a lot easier.

I don't think I will want to slow the front end of the car down too much as I do like a car that changes direction well, as long as the change of direction doesnt cause grip roll (i'll use 42/40 tyres which is what would be a usual tyre compound for my local club and kit springs to start with).

And I must open my eyes a bit more with finding the gear oil - I dont usually need to buy too much in the way of rc stuff and have only ever supported my local rc shop (rc-direct) who recently closed, hence my "where do I get r/c stuff from that i've never purchased before" moment...

Ty chasingthepack - i'll get the brand of gear oil you suggest, should needs must

As for the front differential - yes sorry if I didn't already mention it, i'll be getting one as an extra at the same time as getting the car as I race on foams and need the extra rotation up front that a diff gives.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest a suitable set-up for very low grip asphalt & what tyres are people finding most suitable with this chassis

Many thanks in advance...
Old 06-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brokin Racing
Hi Guys,

Can anyone suggest a suitable set-up for very low grip asphalt & what tyres are people finding most suitable with this chassis

Many thanks in advance...
Mate,

I’m not sure about very low grip, but to give you a local benchmark, I ran my T4 at the Challenge Cup at Castle Hill a couple of weeks ago.

I ran the kit set-up as shown in the set-up sheet for asphalt that has 1mm shims for the inner camber links front and rear. The only difference was that I had 2mm bump steer on the steering knuckles, not 4mm.

My car has the graphite arms front and rear and ECS up front.

Tyres- I started with Muchmore Absolute VPM32C – the old SMA Staple. The second heat I changed to the new Muchmore Rush 36XC and found I could hold a much tighter line through the sweeper with those, which gave a better entry to the chicane – 1 extra lap. The 36XC was the handout tyre at the recent Muchmore Masters and were well received by all classes.

The car was terrific at The Hill – I was the limiting factor. It was pretty close racing, if you check out the fastest single lap times you will see there is less than 1 second across the first 21 drivers in Blinky.

At Riverstone a month earlier I used Ride Blue RE28. The inside of that old brick building is as cold as a Mother-In-Law’s Kiss, and I learned that the locals run 25’s. The Ride Blues are quite light as they contain open cell foam inserts and I was actually under-weight. They pereformed fine but wore quickly.

Most find the Mazda 6 a little easier to drive with the LTC-R a bit sharper (faster).

Hopefully this might give you a reference point.
Cheers,
Brent
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PDR TOO
Mate,

I’m not sure about very low grip, but to give you a local benchmark, I ran my T4 at the Challenge Cup at Castle Hill a couple of weeks ago.

I ran the kit set-up as shown in the set-up sheet for asphalt that has 1mm shims for the inner camber links front and rear. The only difference was that I had 2mm bump steer on the steering knuckles, not 4mm.

My car has the graphite arms front and rear and ECS up front.

Tyres- I started with Muchmore Absolute VPM32C – the old SMA Staple. The second heat I changed to the new Muchmore Rush 36XC and found I could hold a much tighter line through the sweeper with those, which gave a better entry to the chicane – 1 extra lap. The 36XC was the handout tyre at the recent Muchmore Masters and were well received by all classes.

The car was terrific at The Hill – I was the limiting factor. It was pretty close racing, if you check out the fastest single lap times you will see there is less than 1 second across the first 21 drivers in Blinky.

At Riverstone a month earlier I used Ride Blue RE28. The inside of that old brick building is as cold as a Mother-In-Law’s Kiss, and I learned that the locals run 25’s. The Ride Blues are quite light as they contain open cell foam inserts and I was actually under-weight. They pereformed fine but wore quickly.

Most find the Mazda 6 a little easier to drive with the LTC-R a bit sharper (faster).

Hopefully this might give you a reference point.
Cheers,
Brent
Hi Brent,

Many thanks for your tips

That 11.5 I got off you two months ago went like a beauty, I just threw the electrics in & ran it... haven't touched it since but if I'm lucky will give it a run tonight

Hope to catch you soon

Jim
Old 06-21-2013, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well, I finally got the car together. Smooth built, apart from bad threads on one of forward-facing steering ball studs. I ghetto'd it together with some parts from my pit box.

The weight, weight balance, and damping are all much different from my Mi4CXL. It should be interesting when I get it on track. Hoping to shake it down tomorrow if I can bum a spur off someone.

Did the body post holes change from the T3?

-Mike
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Anyone tried the CSO chassis for the T4? Any of them? I know they have a bunch of different thicknesses.

I picked up a T4 from a buddy of mine for a good price but it needs a new chassis, so I'm just looking at my options.
Old 06-22-2013, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hyujmn
Anyone tried the CSO chassis for the T4? Any of them? I know they have a bunch of different thicknesses.

I picked up a T4 from a buddy of mine for a good price but it needs a new chassis, so I'm just looking at my options.
Try the Smokem racing product chassis T4MX it's 2.25mm thick and only 69.00. I am using one and I am very happy with it.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Who's car did you buy? Damom bought my spare car so we have another guy in mod now!
Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Who's car did you buy? Damom bought my spare car so we have another guy in mod now!
John is replacing his so I bought his older one. Thought about building a mod car with it lol
Old 06-22-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

John is replacing his so I bought his older one. Thought about building a mod car with it lol
Might as well. The more the better!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Unfortunately I'm going to have my T4 for sale as my track is going off-road again . if anyone is interested. I have it set up for VTA currently. I'll have more details soon.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re CSO chassis

I broke a T4 Chassis and fitted the 2.2 mill Chassis it went to gether well and works fine .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.