Search
Like Tree2Likes

Xray T4 '13

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:12 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Will Kimbrough spur gears work on this car? I want to run 64P spurs but I heard Xray cars require special spur gears? Or some other brands that don't work?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
What I got mine allready and have tested it
And?
Old 10-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Will Kimbrough spur gears work on this car? I want to run 64P spurs but I heard Xray cars require special spur gears? Or some other brands that don't work?
I think they are like the T3's and they are offset. RW spurs work also.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vabroom
It's a new car and will take time to find the sweet spot. I think even the their top drivers did not have the final production for testing and setup sessions and just had prototypes to work with.
I think they all had the final version, but didnt get them until a few days before the race. That doesnt allow much time to put together and get it situated before the race. I think someone mentioned Drew was handed his car as he was checking in. Not real sure on the truth to that, but EA i believe only got his car together and tested the Wednesday before the race.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Originally Posted by Jerz616
I think they are like the T3's and they are offset. RW spurs work also.
The issue with fitting aftermarket spurs is the thickness of the gear between the pulleys. RW makes special "xray" version spurs that are turned down in the middle. I'm pretty sure you could fit standard rw or similar thickness gears by sanding down the plastic spacer used to keep one of the pulleys off the screws used to mount the gear...
Old 10-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks for your feedback. So basically RW and Xray brand spur gears work without mods. Are there any other brands? The RW ones may be hard for me to get from my LHS, but the Xray brand ones only go down to 92T. I'll be racing 17.5 so a bit smaller spur will work better.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Thanks for your feedback. So basically RW and Xray brand spur gears work without mods. Are there any other brands? The RW ones may be hard for me to get from my LHS, but the Xray brand ones only go down to 92T. I'll be racing 17.5 so a bit smaller spur will work better.
Regular RW gears MAY work, but I haven't tried. RW sells specific Xray version gears that have the center of the gear milled down for proper spacing between the layshaft pulleys. Notice the image on the left shows the center milled out. Nexus racing sells them...

Old 10-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vabroom
It's a new car and will take time to find the sweet spot. I think even the their top drivers did not have the final production for testing and setup sessions and just had prototypes to work with.
I think is embarrassing for xray to show up with a new
car totally unprepared. They should had run what the platform they knew about, t3-12.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
I think is embarrassing for xray to show up with a new
car totally unprepared. They should had run what the platform they knew about, t3-12.
How will they ever be prepared unless they use it at big races?
Old 10-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by or8ital
Yout don't wait for the main event to start tinkering with your car right. The same is true
in this case, They should have given a chance for the team to figured the car out before showcasing it to this world class event.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Yout don't wait for the main event to start tinkering with your car right. The same is true
in this case, They should have given a chance for the team to figured the car out before showcasing it to this world class event.
It's toy car racing, not the Super Bowl. Gotta start sometime. Not sure why they would wait.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Regular

It's toy car racing, not the Super Bowl. Gotta start sometime. Not sure why they would wait.
Im not saying they should have waited, Im saying they should have been prepared given the fact all "the Legeng" hooppla they came out with whenever they release the car to the public. Read their website claims on the Thousands hours of research the team put in the development of it and that thier drivers said the had never driven a better car than this.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

While your theory sounds great its simply not that easy. The absolute best place in the world to test new Stuf is at an event like this. It's te toughest conditions the team will face and a TON was learned. All 3 new Cars made the modified a main, both cars in super stock made the a main. Against sw great completion and a car that was basically built just days before the event I think it shows just how great the car will be after some more track time. Paul felt that at the end of the week that it was one of the best driving cars he's had in a while. Just needs a little more track time to fine tune it. He said his starting setup should be awesome for everyone on carpet.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Team EAM

Im not saying they should have waited, Im saying they should have been prepared given the fact all "the Legeng" hooppla they came out with whenever they release the car to the public. Read their website claims on the Thousands hours of research the team put in the development of it and that thier drivers said the had never driven a better car than this.
The car that was released was different than all the cars that were tested. They took all te feedback and then made improvements from the prototypes that were ran. It was different enough that Paul built his production car at the track once he seem the new changes.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM
Team EAM

Sorry orbital. I quoted the wrong person. Was meant to quote porche.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.