Search
Like Tree19Likes

Serpent Cobra GT-E

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2012, 09:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Voltron989
We race at the 1/8 racers of Toledo track in Toledo Ohio.
Saturdays are electric and Sundays are Nitro
This would be my closest track. Have many electric gt cars been out (Before the season ended)? Looking at the site i could not tell if electric gt was running on sat or sun? The class interests me as I'm hoping the tire expense is much cheaper running rubber vs foams.

I think it would be fun to run an extended main in a all electric class.. The cars might run slower to keep heat down and the pits might be a challenge with 4 sets of battery's or so?
Old 11-19-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
This would be my closest track. Have many electric gt cars been out (Before the season ended)? Looking at the site i could not tell if electric gt was running on sat or sun? The class interests me as I'm hoping the tire expense is much cheaper running rubber vs foams.

I think it would be fun to run an extended main in a all electric class.. The cars might run slower to keep heat down and the pits might be a challenge with 4 sets of battery's or so?
Where are you from?

there was usually on average 7-8 Gt8's racing.
Im hoping to get some more guys to come down next year. I have a friend that always drove down to the track with(we are from michigan about an hour from the track) but we also have another 4 friends with GT8's that we hope to also come down there next season. Once next season start to approach i want to really try and find even more guys that are interested in racing GT8 and/or 1/10th touring to start build up saturday racing.

Anyone thats into RC's that lives within an hour of Toledo that doesnt come to the woodsville track is really missing out. Its one of the Best and Largest On-Roads Tracks in the country. For $25 a season you get your own key to the track to use it to practice when ever you want. You can go there with some friends and run all day and have a blast.

A 20 minute main would be nice but it wouldnt work while racing lol the cars just generate to much heat.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i came across a 1/8 serpent nova on e-bay is it a fake? i can't find anything on nova thanks

Last edited by mudpy; 11-21-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Decided I'm going to pull the trigger and buy this kit. Are there any recommended upgrades?

Where can I find the body that is shown in all the Serpent pics.

Now to decide on a motor.. I'm on the fence between the Tekin 2050 & 2650? I'm leaning toward the 2050 as its been 12yrs since I've done any on road racing & I'm guessing the 2650 may be a bit much for me?
Old 01-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Tech Regular

Thought I would ask one more time before I buy anything?

I'm planing to run in Toledo, is there any rules defined for this class? I.e. 4 cell lipo, no bigger then x motor, etc?

Right now I'm leaning toward a RX8 & 1700KV on 6 cells thinking this would provide a better setup long term for heat and efficiency?
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm planing to run in Toledo, is there any rules defined for this class? I.e. 4 cell lipo, no bigger then x motor, etc?

Right now I'm leaning toward a RX8 & 1700KV on 6 cells thinking this would provide a better setup long term for heat and efficiency?
Like Voltron has suggested we have a great facility and just try to have fun racing. We are not about a bunch of silly rules. Power system is left open for the GT8 class, any motor any number of cells. Most popular is 2200-2650 on 4S lipo. Rubber tires is about the only rule.
I am the electric coordinator for the One-Eighth Racers of Toledo club. Russ from Lazer Raceway ran our electric Saturday program last year. He's having some health issues and I'm working for a back up system for this coming April in case Russ cannot do the program.
I will post here when things are finalized. Be assured that electric Saturday racing will happen this year at our track unless something catastrophic occurs.
Check out Hobby Stop West Raceway on facebook. This is where we have fun in the winter. It is located about 1/2 mile from our outside track. It also is a great facility with new carpet, heat, lotsa pit tables w/chairs and a full service hobby shop. We get around 30-50 racers every Sunday.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hobbystopwest?fref=ts
Old 01-29-2013, 05:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Video on-board, Blade & Crono, nitros converted to brushless, 4S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ADK_xPMW2mw
Old 01-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Tech Regular

Electric last race (2012)awards at the One-Eighth Racers of Toledo track.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent Cobra GT-E-p1020486small.jpg  
Old 01-29-2013, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
Like Voltron has suggested we have a great facility and just try to have fun racing. We are not about a bunch of silly rules. Power system is left open for the GT8 class, any motor any number of cells. Most popular is 2200-2650 on 4S lipo. Rubber tires is about the only rule.
I am the electric coordinator for the One-Eighth Racers of Toledo club. Russ from Lazer Raceway ran our electric Saturday program last year. He's having some health issues and I'm working for a back up system for this coming April in case Russ cannot do the program.
I will post here when things are finalized. Be assured that electric Saturday racing will happen this year at our track unless something catastrophic occurs.
Check out Hobby Stop West Raceway on facebook. This is where we have fun in the winter. It is located about 1/2 mile from our outside track. It also is a great facility with new carpet, heat, lotsa pit tables w/chairs and a full service hobby shop. We get around 30-50 racers every Sunday.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/hobbystopwest?fref=ts
Hey Bill,

I hope any health issues Russ is having goes good and we see him in the spring atleast racing. I know he wasn't sure he would be running the races this year.
If you need any he help running the races ill be glad to give a hand also with setting everything up and packing up.

Hope everything is good with you bill. Can't wait untill the season starts up

Leo
Old 01-29-2013, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Like Bill said no rules except rubber tires only.
Not sure on motor setup. A 1700 on 6S would be equivalent to a 2650 on 4s but I'm not sure how heat will be or how the RX8 and motor is going to like running at 6S in such extreme conditions. The Cobra has a lot of drivetrain resistance from having a center diff and 300k fluid in the front diff.
There's going to be a lot of load on the motor especially in 80+ degree temps with a 130 degree track temp. Im still going to run my DM1 just incase if I'm not able to keep the temps down in the cobra.
In my DM1 I would hit 170+ degrees in a heat/main with a 2250 truggy motor on 4s with a drive train that is a lot more free
I will probably have to play with front and rear diff fluid weights and maybe lock the center diff to free up the drivetrain on the cobra
Once the track is opened up I will start playing around with different set ups
Old 01-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

The body in the pics is a Alpha R3 body
Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys
Thanks for all your kind thoughts
I'm feeling great and getting better evey day.

It's good to see talk about racing at the mall already, i cant wait to get on that GREAT big track again with you guys !!!!

We will start a 2013 thread for Saturday EL racing info very soon.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
Hey guys

It's good to see talk about racing at the mall already, i cant wait to get on that GREAT big track again with you guys !!!!

Great to hear Russ! I'm sure you'll be at the Mall every race day.
I got my eye on the OFNA GT-V2e and I can still run the C6 Vette.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
Hey guys

Really Glad to hear Russ.. Like I told bill if you need a hand with anything don't hesitate to ask.
Looking forward to seeing u guys in the spring.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcwck
Great to hear Russ! I'm sure you'll be at the Mall every race day.
I got my eye on the OFNA GT-V2e and I can still run the C6 Vette.
GT-V2e looks nice. Looks like the fastest guy on the track is going to get faster lol

Couple weeks ago I picked up a inferno GT2 VE roller for another car to play around with. I wanted to try out a long wheelbase car and see how I like it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.