Like Tree7Likes

Hot Bodies TCXX

Old 06-13-2013, 08:00 AM
  #1171  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I'm staying with the 20 tooth anyways. Why change what already works!
mxgregg is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
  #1172  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Craig W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: stoke on trent
Posts: 488
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default



are now in stock
http://www.chubbiescarshack.co.uk/in...product_id=248
Craig W is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:17 AM
  #1173  
Tech Master
iTrader: (43)
 
bronc4now's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Hoffman Estates,IL
Posts: 1,484
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

I want to try one of those floating servo mounts .is there any one in the usa that sells one?
bronc4now is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM
  #1174  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard

Whoa ! $30+ for 4 pistons !!!

Were they always this expensive ?
jag88 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM
  #1175  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

I got the Tamiya blank pistons for $10. I hope they fit. lol



Originally Posted by jag88
Whoa ! $30+ for 4 pistons !!!

Were they always this expensive ?
mxgregg is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM
  #1176  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (29)
 
dizzy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 680
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

For a floating servo mount, go on ebay. There is a place in CA that has ones that look identical to the Roche one, was like $15 shipped to my door. Used it few times and at Reedy, quality seems really good and didn't have any issues with it moving much from crashes. Thinking of improving it by putting a pin in the 3rd hole it has and make an alignment hole in chassis. Thinking 3 points to chassis should keep it perfectly straight in any type of crashes.
dizzy1 is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 11:11 AM
  #1177  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Same one I have and it's nice.

Originally Posted by dizzy1
For a floating servo mount, go on ebay. There is a place in CA that has ones that look identical to the Roche one, was like $15 shipped to my door. Used it few times and at Reedy, quality seems really good and didn't have any issues with it moving much from crashes. Thinking of improving it by putting a pin in the 3rd hole it has and make an alignment hole in chassis. Thinking 3 points to chassis should keep it perfectly straight in any type of crashes.
mxgregg is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 12:29 PM
  #1178  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (13)
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,176
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jag88
Whoa ! $30+ for 4 pistons !!!

Were they always this expensive ?
One of the main reasons I can see these pistons being more $$$ than others is the super tight tolerance they are held to. As you tighten up tolerances, cost of manufacturing them sky rockets (tooling costs, the amount of discrepant parts, scrapped parts, ect.). The key to these pistons working as intended is the super perfect fit to the shock body, so the holes control the flow of the oil.

I Know it sounds like a lot, but they are worth having in your box.
Korey Harbke is offline  
Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM
  #1179  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (32)
 
mxgregg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nor-Cal
Posts: 610
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Not in stock right now but you're right a nice item to have.

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
One of the main reasons I can see these pistons being more $$$ than others is the super tight tolerance they are held to. As you tighten up tolerances, cost of manufacturing them sky rockets (tooling costs, the amount of discrepant parts, scrapped parts, ect.). The key to these pistons working as intended is the super perfect fit to the shock body, so the holes control the flow of the oil.

I Know it sounds like a lot, but they are worth having in your box.
mxgregg is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 12:08 PM
  #1180  
Tech Master
iTrader: (7)
 
ali_g's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Hi guys, anyone noticed few interesting things on Andy Moore TCXX at this weekend ETS?

1: using tcx knuckles
2: some kind of mount for the top deck and motor mount similar to Spec R mount for t4
ali_g is offline  
Old 06-15-2013, 01:07 PM
  #1181  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Airwave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,127
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Obviously the top deck "Yokomo style" so directly from front to rear is the way to go... I hope he will try something without the holes, because it has a bad effect on the top deck even it is only fixed like that...

As a result it makes the car front train less aggressive and he seems to try to get back steering (front split blocks and modified lower arms)
Airwave is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 09:35 AM
  #1182  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by ali_g
Hi guys, anyone noticed few interesting things on Andy Moore TCXX at this weekend ETS?

1: using tcx knuckles
2: some kind of mount for the top deck and motor mount similar to Spec R mount for t4
Also looks like he went back to the TCX steering rack.

That is one 'doctored up' TCXX.

I think it's really cool to see what these guys can do to make the car better.
I'll bet you won't see a setup sheet for that one ...


Edit: After looking at the pictures again I think that is a modified TCX. Still pretty cool.

Last edited by jag88; 06-16-2013 at 03:55 PM.
jag88 is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 07:06 PM
  #1183  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (8)
 
vadersing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 949
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default For sale: new in box TCXX

I have a new in box TCXX kit for sale.

USD 425 shipped

Send me a PM if you are interested
vadersing is offline  
Old 06-16-2013, 07:22 PM
  #1184  
Tech Fanatic
 
tc3 racer sc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: lancaster sc near charlotte nc
Posts: 921
Default Should I wait on a new version tcx before buying

Should I wait on a up to date version of the tcxx and also I see Andy running the no hole chassis is that the way to go on carpet or run the stock one
tc3 racer sc is offline  
Old 06-17-2013, 08:55 AM
  #1185  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
jag88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,154
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

It looks to me that Andy Moore didn't use a flat head screw in the forward hole of his motor mount. It looks like he used a set screw in its place. The flat head screw next to the set screw is for the (new) rear post (I think). Along with the mod to the upper deck mounting I'm guessing that the additional flex in the rear gave him understeer and he had to soften the front arms to get some steering back.
Very cool !

Obviously all guess work. Maybe Hiro, Fred or Korey could comment ...
Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies TCXX-sat-mooretcxx-3.jpg  
jag88 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.