Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tofast80
thanks I will have a listen and I have changed the shell I did not think that would make a difference sorry about the newbie stuff but I have always run pan cars so this is new to me but the car handles well again thanks for the help
Gabe
Gabe, the shell is a massive tuning option, probably the biggest thing after tyres.
The normal starting point on carpet is a Protoform MazdaSpeed 6, really if you use that and you get a problem you'll know it's not the shell.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:20 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
Gabe, the shell is a massive tuning option, probably the biggest thing after tyres.
The normal starting point on carpet is a Protoform MazdaSpeed 6, really if you use that and you get a problem you'll know it's not the shell.
Ok thanks that's the body I changed to so t will check the shocks I am going to run it tonight and see if that was the problem thanks for the help I will keep you posted
Gabe
Old 01-31-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
or montech nazda 2.0
Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rai
Does anyone has the same problem when their BD's accidentally hit the barrier on the front and as a result the centering was just way off? I'm talking about BD7 chassis using the floating servo.
Did you have the steering bridge off? It tweaks much more easier if its off
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tofast80
Ok thanks that's the body I changed to so t will check the shocks I am going to run it tonight and see if that was the problem thanks for the help I will keep you posted
Gabe
Gabe make sure your car isnt tweaked and that you have equal droop settings from left to right. also check that your tires aren't coming unglued, as that will cause your car to do weird stuff.

I'll have a look next time I'm at UR.

A bunch of us are hitting St Catherines this sunday. Come if you can!

thx
Chris.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Big news on RedRC.
The Meen Vejrak has joined the team and is running at TITC!!! We are very keen to see his setups and wish him good racing...
more details @ http://www.redrc.net/2013/01/meen-ve...s-team-yokomo/

the Hoot guys
Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Yokomo is putting together a really good squad
Old 01-31-2013, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hope yokomo can win the world next year..

meen will attend next ETS round...thats is good to hear !
Old 02-01-2013, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rai
Does anyone has the same problem when their BD's accidentally hit the barrier on the front and as a result the centering was just way off? I'm talking about BD7 chassis using the floating servo.
I had that problem also and found out that my floating servo mount was able to turn a bit even with the two screws tight on the chassis(center was off 3-4 clicks of trim). I used a long screw to screw through the antenna mount hole to secure the servo mount with 3 screws to chassis. After that I havenīt had that problem. A friend of mine thinks the screws that come through the cassis bottom out to the servo mount threads before fully locking the mount, so you could try to drill like 0,5mm off from the threads to ensure that doesnīt happen. But 3rd screw works also.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rai
Here the same story , a little touch is enough.
In the beginning i was thinkin that the servohorn jump over because of driving without servo saver.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

In this age of control tires i was wondering how you guys deal with traction rolls on carpet if you can not change the tire.
In what order would you start adjusting the BD7 ?

I'm thinking in this order
stiffer anti roll bars
higher droop values
stiffer springs
dampers more vertical

What would your advice be ?
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
In this age of control tires i was wondering how you guys deal with traction rolls on carpet if you can not change the tire.

stiffer anti roll bars
higher droop values
stiffer springs
dampers more vertical

try applying CA glue on the side walls of your tires. some spacers on the wheel hexes to widen your car's track width and use light weight bodies.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What do we call When in the Front arms we have them backwards because we used 1.3 independenteks instead 2.0 blocks.

Have anyone tried that on a Yokomo.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
try applying CA glue on the side walls of your tires. some spacers on the wheel hexes to widen your car's track width and use light weight bodies.
Indeed CA glue was the one that was forgotten.
Spacers i have already on the rear wheels and the front wheels are 0.7mm wider with the use of other blocks.
Light weight body i'm going to try. Just sprayed the first one but the weight difference is only 7gr on the scale. But we'll give it a try.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spillertwo

stiffer anti roll bars
higher droop values
stiffer springs
dampers more vertical

I suggest the opposite in terms of springs and width. You want to make the car softer and norrower. It may seem counter intuitive but thats what works for me. Youre on the right track for droop. I like to run even front to rear droop when the front end has too much traction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.