Search
Like Tree8Likes

YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2016, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
I just bought the bd7 2016 and am going to use a 6.5t motor I have a 112t 64p spur gear what would be the best pinion size to use without overheating the motor. The track is not to long and has a lot of turns. Thanks
any one
Old 08-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by fpart
Does Anyone know the part number for the tall inner stud that Andrew uses. I think it is like 1.5mm higher
Hi,

It should come as part of the kit I believe.

Regards,
Ian
Old 08-14-2016, 08:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zaraz
any one
Work off temps when you finish a 5 min run.
Start on an FDR of about 7/7.5 per Novak's suggestion
http://teamnovak.com/tech_info/view_article/26

Using a 112T spur gear, you're roughly looking at a 30T pinion
http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/gearwizard.cfm

If you're motor/speedo coming off too hot, gear down 1 tooth
Old 08-15-2016, 01:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello to all Kokomo users!
I write on this forum for the first time and I need advice on our BD7-2016.
Here in Italy we practice Touring Stock NoTiming 13.5, in the summer we run on open tracks that are treated with sugar to increase the grip, in winter we have some indoor tracks on carpet but also in asphalt and the grip is incredibly high.
In these more grip conditions with our beloved BD7 suffer a lot, we can have a beautiful car to drive but when we look at the chrono, we realize that we are slow, too slow compared to the Xray T4 that are very fast in those conditions.
Personally I had the BD7 2014-2015 and 2016, all the options, short arms, long shocks, aluminum frame, I've tried everything!
I finally thought to have driving problems and I tried a T4-2016, after a single discharge I was already half a second faster ...
How is this possible? What solutions are there? The new Samix supports can help us to permanently solve the problem? Unfortunately our BD7 in Italy is not very widespread, and informations are poor...
Thanks for your support!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Does anyone know Eric Albano's set up for the last CTS race? Petitrc just has pics of the chassis. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ferox
Hello to all Kokomo users!
I write on this forum for the first time and I need advice on our BD7-2016.
Here in Italy we practice Touring Stock NoTiming 13.5, in the summer we run on open tracks that are treated with sugar to increase the grip, in winter we have some indoor tracks on carpet but also in asphalt and the grip is incredibly high.
In these more grip conditions with our beloved BD7 suffer a lot, we can have a beautiful car to drive but when we look at the chrono, we realize that we are slow, too slow compared to the Xray T4 that are very fast in those conditions.
Personally I had the BD7 2014-2015 and 2016, all the options, short arms, long shocks, aluminum frame, I've tried everything!
I finally thought to have driving problems and I tried a T4-2016, after a single discharge I was already half a second faster ...
How is this possible? What solutions are there? The new Samix supports can help us to permanently solve the problem? Unfortunately our BD7 in Italy is not very widespread, and informations are poor...
Thanks for your support!
Post your set up. I'm sure there are plenty of fast guys on here that would be able to help.
Old 08-15-2016, 09:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default BD7 2015

question
Just pick up the BD7 2015,which is better for asphalt racing ,The Aluminum or carbon chassis?
Our track is good med size with med traction grip
Anybody using the option motor forward mount setting?

Last edited by OVA; 08-15-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Setup for outdoor.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BD72016_EditableSetupSheet.pdf (354.4 KB, 144 views)
Old 08-16-2016, 02:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Setup for outdoor.

Thanks
Hi Ferox, what is the track? I'm Italian like you

I think BD7 is a fast car, but we have to change some ideas on setup that worked well with older BD7, now we have to work in a different way.

In my opinion we have the best results working on the roll center of the car, a thing that with older models was never changed, at least for me.

I made several tests with different tires, Sorex, Hotrace, Volante and LRP, and sometimes the BD7 works better with higher roll center, sometimes with lower, it depends on tires and asphalt condition.

A "must to have" is the 1-piece FR suspension block, for me it works always better on asphalt than the separate ones.

Another thing is to cut the topdeck in the front, specially with LRP G32 it have better corner entry.

If you want you can try this setup: http://site.petitrc.com/reglages/yok...vorno20160512/

I won a race with margin on the strongest local driver of the track, who runs with a T4. Maybe it can be useful also for you.

Old 08-16-2016, 02:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Setup for outdoor.

Thanks
Blue Springs - they just seem to make the Car Lazy!

Last edited by Wacker1; 08-16-2016 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello Damon, glad to hear you!
I usually race in our track in Genoa and in the winter we race in the indoor track in Castelnuovo, an asphalt track with an incredible grip.
I did a huge amount of test with different tires but almost always have to use LRP, the races have imposed tires. Obviously with other tyres, Sorex first of all, things are better but this is not very important. The car is fast when grip is low and average temperatures are low, just the grip becomes high and the environmental temperatures are rising the party is over, we all begin to suffer a bit with Yoko and the gap becomes unbridgeable. I read that you can make changes, what is the change of the Upper Deck? The new Samix support are important? Yokomo is searching a solution to make this car most user-friendly machine?
I have an orange object in my bag, I wanted to get some drive test ... butI like a lot more the black one!

Thanks Andrea
Old 08-16-2016, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M3CSLDreamin
Does anyone know Eric Albano's set up for the last CTS race? Petitrc just has pics of the chassis. Thanks in advance.
Hello, sorry about that. Was a little behind on the setup sheet. Here it is as long as the image attaches properly. It should be up on petit soon aswell.
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-image.jpg  
Old 08-16-2016, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Hello, sorry about that. Was a little behind on the setup sheet. Here it is as long as the image attaches properly. It should be up on petit soon aswell.
thanks for posting Eric. Gratz on the cts win.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mini-Mod
Thank you! Very interesting set up.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

There must be some serious grip on that track. If I used that setup, I would be sliding all over the place. I have to use a much softer setup.

Last edited by bertottius; 08-17-2016 at 09:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.