Cool

Originally Posted by Fjeld
wil try her tomorow!
Shiny
Old 01-07-2014, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
I know for a fact that A-Main tries to get Yokomo parts ASAP, seems USA is still low on the food chain to the might of Asia and Euro markets
Especially on newly released items, that cannot be produced quick enough to meet demand

At least we now have a US importer, so at least there is some progress
A distrubuitor not interested in wholesale will never grow the market....
Old 01-07-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Regular

I think the point RBFX is making is that the whole TC market in general is maybe smaller in the USA than it is in Europe and the East, which is what Yok will be looking at as a manufacturer.

You can't blame the size of a whole market on one distributor.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Cool

Originally Posted by cyclonetog
I think the point RBFX is making is that the whole TC market in general is maybe smaller in the USA than it is in Europe and the East, which is what Yok will be looking at as a manufacturer.

You can't blame the size of a whole market on one distributor.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The issue with lack of avalability is not market size, but rather market share. The on road market is smaller in the USA, but Yokomo is not just an on road car manufacturer, they make off road and drift kits, both of which are popular.

Yokomo wants more market share in the USA, I have had direct conversations with them. The issue is A Main is not pushing, promoting, ordering and distributing according to their original agreement. At the moment they might be exploring the way the car is sold in the USA. A Main is not just a reseller, they are the north American Distributor, however they are not distributing the cars, just retailing.

Yokomo is ready to have pre-orders, products delivered in a timely fashion, new releases all stateside asap, however their NA distributor is not doing their due dillingence. Some might say it's market size, however I would argue it is market share. A large distributor is never going to worry much about getting a niche brand off the ground. To them, Yokomo is just another part number that provides marginal revenue that adds to their bottom line.

Now in the case of on-road, the market is driven more by entusiasts and small business owners like RC America, TQRCracing, Reflex/RSD, Gravity RC, awesomatixusa, bsr, EAM, Express, etc. Much like it is in the European and Asian Markets, the distribution of products is less centralized and provides for an easier flow of products to the market. If A Main or Yokomo opened up their distribution to other stores or to a distributor that wants or needs the brand to succeed, you would see an immediate growth in market share, lower prices (the Yoke is cheaper than the 6.2 right now) and parts available stateside ASAP.

Sorry for the rant. We want to stock Yokomo stuff, really bad.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Alum. C-Hub 4° DOUBLE CVD
Attached Thumbnails YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-ar-b7-413wb-1-640.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-ar-b7-413wb-2-640.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-ar-b7-413wk-1-640.jpg   YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7-ar-b7-413wk-2-640.jpg  
Old 01-07-2014, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
The issue with lack of avalability is not market size, but rather market share. The on road market is smaller in the USA, but Yokomo is not just an on road car manufacturer, they make off road and drift kits, both of which are popular.

Yokomo wants more market share in the USA, I have had direct conversations with them. The issue is A Main is not pushing, promoting, ordering and distributing according to their original agreement. At the moment they might be exploring the way the car is sold in the USA. A Main is not just a reseller, they are the north American Distributor, however they are not distributing the cars, just retailing.

Yokomo is ready to have pre-orders, products delivered in a timely fashion, new releases all stateside asap, however their NA distributor is not doing their due dillingence. Some might say it's market size, however I would argue it is market share. A large distributor is never going to worry much about getting a niche brand off the ground. To them, Yokomo is just another part number that provides marginal revenue that adds to their bottom line.

Now in the case of on-road, the market is driven more by entusiasts and small business owners like RC America, TQRCracing, Reflex/RSD, Gravity RC, awesomatixusa, bsr, EAM, Express, etc. Much like it is in the European and Asian Markets, the distribution of products is less centralized and provides for an easier flow of products to the market. If A Main or Yokomo opened up their distribution to other stores or to a distributor that wants or needs the brand to succeed, you would see an immediate growth in market share, lower prices (the Yoke is cheaper than the 6.2 right now) and parts available stateside ASAP.

Sorry for the rant. We want to stock Yokomo stuff, really bad.
If you sold their stuff, I would buy it from you for sure. Could you make a graphite Yokomo battery brace/guides? Yokomo's steels ones are too heavy to use and offset the balance. Anyways, that's why I order from HK, Malaysia, and now Europe to get parts for my Yok. I only use Amain if I need something bad and only making a small order. I mean, last year I ordered my BD7 for $435 from RCMarket. Why pay $560 for AMain's price back then? Blah blah blah. hehe

Anyways, still waiting on my short shock conversion to come in. Interested to see what that does.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Mike, we are working on some items for the BD7, the adjustable carbon fiber mount is first on the list. ETA is middle to late next month.

I would love to carry Yokomo on our store, it's just not possible right now. However, I hope we can find a way eventually to do so.
Old 01-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Mike, we are working on some items for the BD7, the adjustable carbon fiber mount is first on the list. ETA is middle to late next month.

I would love to carry Yokomo on our store, it's just not possible right now. However, I hope we can find a way eventually to do so.
Sweet, that means I could get my parts even faster!
Old 01-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Nice, I'll be looking forward to it!
Old 01-07-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Does anyone know the correct metric sized phillips head screwdriver that the yokomo uses?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by B00t13g
Does anyone know the correct metric sized phillips head screwdriver that the yokomo uses?
On what? The diff and suspension arm pin holder?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by B00t13g
JuSt pick-up a jewellers screw driver set. They are cheap at harbor freight.
Old 01-07-2014, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by porsche928gs
JuSt pick-up a jewellers screw driver set. They are cheap at harbor freight.
Thanks, but not what I'm looking for.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.