Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

balls ordered from 2 stores in the hope one will arrive by xmas. thanks gents
Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pickled
So when you get it take apart the CVD's grease them grind flats on the pins re-assemble, use thread lock on the grub screws. Otherwise they come apart, I know from experience lol.
Done! :-)

Be careful with the threads if you can get a 3mm tapping bit run that through the holes first with some light oil first (thanks eunique) then you won't strip the threads easily when you assemble it.
Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

But I have some questions.

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

3. What is the best belt tentioner for the center belt?

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anthias

Everything mounted, every thread is good. Only damage was one of the battery mounts. :-)

1. The center screw on the chassimount of the frontbumper... How do you mount this? I got so tired of pushing the nut out of the mount, I glued it to the hole. Think I glued the threads also.... :-D

2. The front is heavy. Have you done any mods here? If I press down the front it does not raise itself much...

What is anoying is that the bodyposts don't match the zero.. Thinking about cutting the posts and using velcro. Any advice on this matter?
1. remove the foam bumper 1st, so youre finger can push the nuts, i tweezers th hold the nuts.

2. add just the preload of the shocks, it will make the springs compress and push the piston downward / it will raise it self

3. i dont use belt tensioner for the center belt, on my opinion and as i observe with my D3 when i tension the center belt it cause a drag brake, (when tension is to tight, i thinks stock belt tension is not bad enough .
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

1. I was able to screw it...slowly until it starts to thread...and don't push the hex screw in which pushes the nut up and away from it's indent space.
2. yes, front is heavy due to motor...besides the adjusting of the shock collar screwing it down...I am now using a spring that is slightly stiffer than stock (from an Integy set that I am using on my Zero S)
3. others have used some spacers on the rear gear holder.
I have a Zero S belt tensioner (I don't like how close lower belt is getting to the top belt) so I ordered an idler pulley (sourced from a Yokomo)
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Adjusting the preload helped, but now it is almost at the bottom. eunique, what load spring did you change to? I have some for my Zero I maybe could use.

What about bodyposts? you all have them going trough your body?

And what about toe in the front. Mine is a bit toe out. Is it suposed to be that way?
Old 12-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by eunique
I haVent begun on my SSG build yet...but can't we use the plastic front bearing covers for now with the aluminum front bulkhead?
yeah you could but it just won't look right. and you'll have to pull it apart again to install the alloy ones
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 AM
Tech Addict

I just left the centre screw out it's not really necessary anyway.

I use tamiya spring clips to give extra adjustment

as eunique said yokomo DRB-RBIP idler pulley with zero tensioner mount

velcro doesn't really work well it comes off and gets trashed etc. I have some neodymium rare earth magnets that I'm planning on using for stealth mounts.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Adjusting the preload helped, but now it is almost at the bottom. eunique, what load spring did you change to? I have some for my Zero I maybe could use.

And what about toe in the front. Mine is a bit toe out. Is it suposed to be that way?
toe out depends on you .....

yup thats one of my problem i cant lowered my body shell shock tower touch the body shell..

try to add kick up, may 2-4mm, but it will change the behavior and handling of the kit !
Old 12-08-2012, 02:28 AM
Tech Addict

yeah I tried making my own stealth mounts out of velcro but it's no good. you should have about 1*- 2* toe out
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Tech Initiate

yeah I tried making my own stealth mounts out of velcro but it's no good. you should have about 1*- 2* toe out
Ok. Tnx. Think the toe out is about right then. All the links is adjusted after the manual. Waiting for my tools and servo from hobbyking. :-)
Old 12-08-2012, 02:57 AM
Tech Addict

Ok. Tnx. Think the toe out is about right then. All the links is adjusted after the manual. Waiting for my tools and servo from hobbyking. :-)
you'll definitely need a setup kit for doing camber, toe and ride height
Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 AM
Tech Rookie

velcro doesn't really work well it comes off and gets trashed etc. I have some neodymium rare earth magnets that I'm planning on using for stealth mounts.
where can you get the magnets from? I was using velcro on crawler bodies and ended up cracking the shell. I'd like to use a stealth mount setup on my D3 also..
Old 12-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

you'll definitely need a setup kit for doing camber, toe and ride height
I have tools for measuring hight, And i get tools for camber now. Only missing for caster, but don't think I need that. Not going to run in a competition anyway. :-)

Cutting my body now.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SkR8Pn
where can you get the magnets from? I was using velcro on crawler bodies and ended up cracking the shell. I'd like to use a stealth mount setup on my D3 also..
I got the magnets from eBay they're heaps small 10mm across 1mm thick and are quite strong

I have tools for measuring hight, And i get tools for camber now. Only missing for caster, but don't think I need that. Not going to run in a competition anyway. :-)

Cutting my body now.
you don't need to measure caster it's set by the C-hub 10*
Old 12-08-2012, 04:50 AM
Tech Rookie

I got the magnets from Ebay they're heaps small 10mm across 1mm thick and are quite strong
Champ... that is perfect! Just gotta wait till they get here.... Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.