Search
Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by pickled
man you really like your D3's is it just so you can have different shells?? or are you going to have different setup's on all 3 -carpet -bitumen -vinyl?

we need to look at modding the bell crank too cause it hits the bulkheads like your mates make the distance in the centre wider will also allow wider steering angles
all 3 because again i do a chassis for ever body i do but 2 of them are carpet and one is for out side fun because its cheap

the only big mod im going to do maybe is see if i can get the steering setup from a mst ms-01d to fit as it has way more tuning plus i have started on my custom chassis for it

but im only going to do this to one and the other one will get all the 3racing upgrades
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Tech Addict

It would have to be a modded fs-01d or ms-01d as in their stock format they would get in the way of the bulkheads too but the steering knuckles look like they might work I was actually thinking of getting one of the MST fs-01d's they look pretty good.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

It would have to be a modded fs-01d or ms-01d as in their stock format they would get in the way of the bulkheads too but the steering knuckles look like they might work I was actually thinking of getting one of the MST fs-01d's they look pretty good.
to tell you the truth my d3 drifts fine and go side ways very well and the bulkheads are fine with me
Old 10-18-2012, 01:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Well, got my D3 3 hours ago and im already half way through the build. Hating lining up the pulleys and spring pins!!! So keen to drive it though, im not quite sure what to expect but so far the build hasnt been too bad, few little bits and pieces im not all that happy with but ill get some pics when im done.

Cheers
Old 10-18-2012, 02:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by td-civ
to tell you the truth my d3 drifts fine and go side ways very well and the bulkheads are fine with me
I just want more angle out of the stock parts lol.

here's some pics of my new tension pulley

It's a yokomo DRB-RBIP idler pulley!
Old 10-18-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default from Philippines

hey guys hows youre D3?

by the way im a sakura D3 user also,

i cant drift with 114% CS/OD rate, so may only option is to reduce CS/OD rate to 75% ..... so far so good. i can drift with my D3 for now,

but still i cant perform nicely specially when it comes to cornering (switch back)

and im waiting for D3 FOW to release....

but i cant wait for that........

so i modified FOW of Tamiya TA05...... since the Diff. pulley of TA05 is in the right side i have to invert it and make it ont the left side.....

another problem is when you reverse the position of Tamiya TA05, the one way bearing will also inverted .....

Thats why i said ..... modified ..... i remove the one way bearing from alum. tube and re-position it to right way !

and the result..... Tamiya TA05 FOW , fit with my sakura D3

but still need progress ...... will upload some pic. soon as i completely finish the mods.

sorry for my english ........ not good in english grammar HAHAHA !
Old 10-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Tech Addict

Hey wntdcarbon you could have used a Sakura Zero S oneway SAK-59/V2 they fit well and have a spacer that you just leave out install the pulley on the other side and it fits nicely that's what most of us have done.
Old 10-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

i forgot .... on my mods, using TA05 FOW you need to gain 5-8 negative camber..... because sakura D3 CVD is too short for the TA05 FOW Cups i thinks changing the Cvd to 46mm will be enough to reduce 5-8 negative camber, but if you dont put the one way bearing to the FOW tube of too much you can reduce the negative camber without changing the cvd to 46mm....

hope you can understand my English LOL !

my D3 gearing ....

F: 38/13 (stock)
R: 30/18

Camber: F: -8 deg. / R: 0
Toe : F: 3 deg. toe out / R 3 deg. toe in (stock)

will also try to upload vid. soon
Old 10-18-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

Hey wntdcarbon you could have used a Sakura Zero S oneway SAK-59/V2 they fit well and have a spacer that you just leave out install the pulley on the other side and it fits nicely that's what most of us have done.
thanks for the info ..... i dont have enough time to read the forum due to work load

do they have same bearing size? because tamiya Ta05 and D3 have the same bearing size by the way do you have some pic. of D3 using sakura zero S Fow?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wntdcarbon
thanks for the info ..... i dont have enough time to read the forum due to work load

do they have same bearing size? because tamiya Ta05 and D3 have the same bearing size by the way do you have some pic. of D3 using sakura zero S Fow?
yeah here's a pic and the bearings are the Original D3 bearings slid over the oneway cups

the zero, the D3, the FF and the XI share many parts and seem standardized with many other brands as well, Like tamiya I'm using TRF double cardin axles in the front they fit perfectly and reduce the front wheel chatter to nothing for me

Last edited by pickled; 10-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:14 AM
Tech Regular

yeah here's a pic and the bearings are the Original D3 bearings slid over the oneway cups

the zero and the D3 and the FF share many parts and seem standardized with many other brands as well, Like tamiya I'm using TRF double cardin axles in the front they fit perfectly and reduce the front wheel chatter to nothing for me
youre the man bro. !

but my another problem is, no available parts support no local distributor here in Philippines need to buy on-line... some distributor here still need to order online..

im still thinking to buy Wide angle universal cvd. my D3 chattering in full lock steering

Last edited by wntdcarbon; 10-18-2012 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

i forgot .... on my mods, using TA05 FOW you need to gain 5-8 negative camber..... because sakura D3 CVD is too short for the TA05 FOW Cups i thinks changing the Cvd to 46mm will be enough to reduce 5-8 negative camber, but if you dont put the one way bearing to the FOW tube of too much you can reduce the negative camber without changing the cvd to 46mm....

hope you can understand my English LOL !
The cups from the zero oneway may fit? theres a plastic spacer that the bearing rides on that fits over the inner side of the cups! if you get 1 test it out before pulling it apart? will your suspension arms fit from the TA05? I'm running 5* negitive camber on mine!

youre the man bro. !

but my another problem is, no available parts support no local distributor here in Philippines need to buy on-line... some distributor here still need to order online..
I get most of my parts online from rcMart good prices and fairly quick postage

im still thinking to buy Wide angle universal cvd. my D3 chattering in full lock steering
the zero ssk's SAK-X27 are a cheap alternative however the tamiya double cardins have a wider angle but are more expensive twice the price

It's a huge learning curve for me trying to drift this chassis coming from 50/50 chassis but I'm getting there slowly. I took it to my LHS tonight for a run on their track almost got all the way around a couple of times then put to much throttle on an went into full spins lol! I'm determined to master this ratio, but my cheap radio GT3C had power button issues where the wires break off the switch and so that ended my fun prematurely I've placed the switch in a different location now so that won't happen anymore! Their track is bitumen and is like ice compared to my vinyl floor at home lol

Last edited by pickled; 10-18-2012 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:49 AM
Tech Regular

The cups from the zero oneway may fit? theres a plastic spacer that the bearing rides on that fits over the inner side of the cups! if you get 1 test it out before pulling it apart? will your suspension arms fit from the TA05? I'm running 5* negitive camber on mine!
im using TA05 cups FOW. never tried to use ta05 suspension arms.
did you try to add kick up with D3? im planning to add mine, for add caster deg.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

im using TA05 cups FOW. never tried to use ta05 suspension arms.
did you try to add kick up with D3? im planning to add mine, for add caster deg.
Is kick up the same as droop? I've seen kick up mentioned on other forums but I'm pretty new to this whole scene. I use 1mm of droop so that the suspension can only lift 1mm front and rear before hitting the stops.
Just looked it up the angle of the front suspension arms to the chassis. No just running stock for now, I don't think I need to add any kick up the chassis seems fine without it. kick up decreases your steering response apparently?

Last edited by pickled; 10-18-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Tech Regular

Is kick up the same as droop? I've seen kick up mentioned on other forums but I'm pretty new to this whole scene. I use 1mm of droop so that the suspension can only lift 1mm front and rear before hitting the stops.
hehehehe i cant explain what kick up is for ..... its just running on my mind.... not good in english ! hehehe !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.