Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift >

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Like Tree2Likes

3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift

Old 04-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Drift van body HiACE? body mount?

Hi , I want to drift a Hi ACE van body, not sure about body post I found these 3racing Sakura XI chassis body post but not sure if they will fit my Sakura D3? I have seen people drifting Odyssey Van bodies I think it is stock body post mounts.

Thank you for your time and help and passion for r/c drift
Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NYC islander
Hi , I want to drift a Hi ACE van body, not sure about body post I found these 3racing Sakura XI chassis body post but not sure if they will fit my Sakura D3? I have seen people drifting Odyssey Van bodies I think it is stock body post mounts.

Thank you for your time and help and passion for r/c drift
Could always get body post extenders.

ABC Hobby 5mm 6mm Extension Body Mount Post Black

Old 04-12-2017, 02:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Default extensions body post

Cool..! Thanks never thought of it... But I really want to try and use the Sakura XI HiACE body mount post. Hope someone has some info.
Drift_Buggy likes this.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry to stir this chat up, looking to buy 1 of these, as i like front motor cars.

i have skimmed through the D3 and D4 manuals, would i be wrong to say that i can actually fit an oil filled gear diff on the 2 ends and play with it like a normal touring car?

Also whats with the front 38T and rear 30T diff gears. Do i need to change the rear to a 38T as well, or both to 39T. But that means the belts would have to be.... longer? But I don't think 3Racing offers optional drive belts with more teeth? But i do see that they have tons of pulley options....

EDIT

Originally Posted by pickled
the easiest way to do what you want is to change the rear pulley from 22T to a 13T and the rear diff pulley to a 38T, Most of the sakura parts are interchangable. The sakura zero is opposite at the front but the rear is the same side as the D3, So not sure if you can put a gear diff in upside down?
I haven't had any issues with the front and rear belts but I find the centre gets loose as you use it, people are using spacers under the rear pulley mount to tighten the centre belt. I think you should just go with an XI if you want a touring car as the front motor in the D3 will mean you'll have to add weights in the rear to balance the chassis, or look at an MST MS-01D or something similar that has better weight distribution. A D3 as a touring car, the rear end will flick out a lot and you'll have trouble getting it right.
Ok this answers my question. But then by using a 38T diff gear behind, shouldn't the math be to minus 8 teeth from the 22; therefore it should be a 14T pulley, since the original is a 30T?