Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland >

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland

Old 07-24-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

No doubt that it wasnt a popular win.

If there is one takeaway from the race - drive hard and aggressive as race program will let you. Time and time again, the action that warrants a penalty will go uncalled. Either it is too much going on to call or easy to dismiss as 'racing' incident.

Not sure what kind of message that sends especially at the levels of WC events for the rest of us - but it seems that some of us have seen this story play out over and over again.

Congrats to the Vice-Champion. Again - showed some class at the a world-class level.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

The TC Championship races begin on Thursday. This video is (hopefully) what we will be seeing more of... Lemieux kickin' @$$! http://youtu.be/yDkng9TThis
Old 07-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigdaddyswank
If I see a Yokomo 12th scale car in my path at the Snowbirds or Vegas, I plan on passing accordingly.
You won't have to worry about it unless you're in a run with the Hackmaster. Nobody actually buys Yokomo Ram12's. Most people prefer pancars that handle well.

If you are in the market for a 12th scale battering ram, it's obviously the car to get.......
Old 07-24-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Looks standard.
Ain't nothin' special about that car. Which is to say: that's pretty cool. $189 for an Xi kit and a few more shekels for the alloy left rear pod bulkhead and the long arms and cross brace. Anyone can buy the fastest car at Worlds
Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

The new Naoto WC edition front bumper. Fits all three R12 cars that Yokomo has sold.
Attached Thumbnails 2012 Ifmar Electric Onroad World - Holland-naotobumper.jpg  
Old 07-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
The new Naoto WC edition front bumper. Fits all three R12 cars that Yokomo has sold.
I hate facts getting in the way of good fun as much as the next guy but....

They have sold at least 1500!

Carry on!

Mike Slaughter
Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Yes, you misspelled the name of the 1st place winner. His last name should be Hacksukura.
Boy, talk about the pot calling the kettle black. I'm not defending Naoto's choices, but publicly making fun of a kid you've never met, and know nothing about is even beneath you David.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Anyone know what servo is in Andy's car??

http://www.rctech.net/forum/11013745-post165.html
Old 07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

In a 1/12 scale modified world's championship things happen pretty fast. I'm not defending the incident between Naoto and Andy, but look no further than IFMAR and the officials if you think there should have been a penalty accessed.

Drivers's make mistakes, and it often is too close to call without everyone looking at a replay .. I'm sure some of you have been in the same position ... something to consider.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ByteStream
In a 1/12 scale modified world's championship things happen pretty fast. I'm not defending the incident between Naoto and Andy, but look no further than IFMAR and the officials if you think there should have been a penalty accessed.

Drivers's make mistakes, and it often is too close to call without everyone looking at a replay .. I'm sure some of you have been in the same position ... something to consider.
I hate to but in the instance I saw I have to agree. Andy's car looked to be sitting in the corner and I don't recall him sitting there as a result of something Naoto (sp?) did. Naoto looked to be carrying too much speed to prevent it..... Now if Naoto had spun him then hit him and went on that would be a different story. I saw him drive at the snowbirds and he is an aggressive driver to say the least, but I never did seem him outright hack someone.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by masterhit
I hate facts getting in the way of good fun as much as the next guy but....

They have sold at least 1500!

Carry on!

Mike Slaughter
I was just being sarcastic Mr. Slaughter. I know that they've sold more than four, I've seen more than that being sold off here on RCTech.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ByteStream
, but look no further than IFMAR and the officials if you think there should have been a penalty accessed.

Drivers's make mistakes, and it often is too close to call without everyone looking at a replay ..
If only there were video of A3 that IFMAR could have examined. I can't believe no one filmed it......

Originally Posted by mracer
I hate to but in the instance I saw I have to agree. Andy's car looked to be sitting in the corner and I don't recall him sitting there as a result of something Naoto (sp?) did. Naoto looked to be carrying too much speed to prevent it..... Now if Naoto had spun him then hit him and went on that would be a different story. I saw him drive at the snowbirds and he is an aggressive driver to say the least, but I never did seem him outright hack someone.
Andy's car was rolling, he wasn't stationary, he just wasn't full-on strapped like Naoto. Whether Naoto's intention was to peel him or not, he caused the contact with Andy after Naoto himself blew out, by ripping the crap outta his trigger. If Andy's car wasn't there to slow Naoto he may have been in the outside track barrier. He should have surrendered the position. In F1 a move like that is referred to as rejoining the track in an unsafe manner.
Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

If only there were video of A3 that IFMAR could have examined. I can't believe no one filmed it......
Here's the detailed slow motion special version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFm...&feature=g-u-u
Old 07-24-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Andy's car was rolling, he wasn't stationary, he just wasn't full-on strapped like Naoto. Whether Naoto's intention was to peel him or not, he caused the contact with Andy after Naoto himself blew out by ripping the crap otta his trigger. If Andy's car wasn't there to slow Naoto he probably would have been in the outside track barrier. He should have surrendered the position. In F1 a move like that is referred to as rejoining the track in an unsafe manner.
I will agree that it wasn't the best move or tactic, but I think there was a ton of bumping in that race(s) I do think in that instance it was a matter of bad circumstances for both. Andy's car was not positioned well and rather static (looked like the rear end was coming around), and Naoto made the corner hard and fast as well as had a good line. I think if you look at it honestly they were both regaining their stature in the race. Naoto coming out of a wreck and Andy immediately prior to that barely avoiding one - recovering his car. Naoto came flying around that corner and there sat a car? I would have pinned him too. I think most on this site would have. I have done it before as well as been on the receiving end of it. I just think in sum it was a bad deal. Any of those high-speed rhythmic races (as I call them) if someone misses a step well.......
Old 07-24-2012, 10:48 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
Here's the detailed slow motion special version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huSFm...&feature=g-u-u
Andy was sideways already and scrubbing speed when he got hit. At the speed they were going what was Naoto suppose to do?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.