Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with identifying car

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help with identifying car

I have a tt-01 for drifting but also found this car from a few years back. It was a good drifter in its day and I would like to buy some parts to restore it, problem is I brought it second hand and have no idea what brand it is. Any help would be appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Help with identifying car-photo-19-.jpg   Help with identifying car-photo-21-.jpg   Help with identifying car-photo-20-.jpg  
Old 07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Looks like a Xpress sedan from many years ago.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks, any idea on model as I am trying to get some parts for it.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:25 AM
Tech Regular

yap, it is an express. I believe it is call the road runner. But as they only made one car (well, one touring and one mini) you should not have hard time to identify the parts if you find any. Btw: there are a later version from another company call...... I believe express japan or something. And all part are identical.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Try here...

http://www.rc-xpress.com/catalog/
Old 07-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

It's an Xpress Junior, easily identified by the plastic motor mount and plastic rear uprights. Top deck and chassis shape identifies it as a later 1999 model. Xpress made ten different cars and two minis, with various pro and junior versions, but as they were all developed from the previous model the parts from the last version will fit on the early cars as well.
The proper name for the touring car was the Xpress 968, but in the USA it was known as the Roadrunner Xpress and in Europe as the M1 Xpress, remaned by the importers.

Xpress closed down in 2002, but the company was bought by Dinball (www.rcmart.com) in 2007 and started making cars again with the Xpress MRR2. A good thing for old Xpress owners as even though the cars is quite different some of the parts are compatible with the original cars. Dinball still have some old stock here and while most of the parts for the new mini won't fit, some parts such as rear uprights, diffs, front gearbox and inner hinge pins are the same as the original parts.
I believe spares are also still available from Ultimate Hobbies, the original US importer. You will have to contact them as they aren't listed on their website.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.