Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

how does the yokomo compare to the t2 008?
Old 08-12-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

New Yokomo will be available soon
for your information
Old 08-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Adept

HOW SOON IS SOON???
Old 08-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

The BD is still capable of winning as it shows here in Germany all the time.
There are more and more yokomo drivers. One switched from Team Xray to Yokomo and he was a lot faster. He's very happy with the car and has good chances to win the stock category at the upcoming german nats.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There are features on this car I really like. I race on a med bite carpet track and wonder how this car would do/hold up. I currently have a T2 but want to get a new car. This car seems like a great value, looks like high quality and havent really heard of many quality issues.

What would be the top 3 pros and cons to this car ?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

pro:

always! easy to drive and consistant even if the track conditions change

The alloy is quite high quality -> not many bent parts

It is BLUE :-)

con:

the diff needs maintance -> if not working properly the car ain't handling good

the same is true for the car itself ... check for tweak regularly and make sure everything is set correctly ... actually you should do that with every car ...
Old 08-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How are the shocks? They easy to build and maintain? Adjust rebound etc....

How is it out of the box? I want a car I dont have to make many hop ups to and if they are hop ups I want it to be factory. In other words i dont want a car that has to have another brand of c-hub and dremel work to make it work right.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Then you might want to wait or the release of the new car
Old 08-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ckoetsch
how does the yokomo compare to the t2 008?
Have both cars it is easy to relay the tally. Both car are good kits, and in the hand of any great driver the performance areas would seem confusing to the spectator which car look the easiest to drive.

Performance wise the Xray carries more corner speed with a spool, with a one way and center 1way the yokomo performs alot better. Dual diff they are both sloppy.

The Xray is forgiving to set up error without losing much performance were as the BDM will reflect its performance due to set up or maintenance. The only other kit that I can think of that is so forgiving would be the HB Cyclone.

My yokomo seems to perform well with any tires without set up changes, were as the xray008 adjustment tends to be made depending on the shoes it wear.

Steering the Xray008/ has the BDM hands down

Acceleration....they very similar

Braking the Xray is very determined

The BDM is Smooth in its transition not as rough as the Xray008

Set up wise the Xray controls more adjustments and quicker.

Maintenance they both are easy to work on.

Quailty wise the are both equally the same.

Cost wise the Xray 008 is crazy priced @ $529USD and so is th BDM $469USD if you can find one state side, else where its a $500 kit to ship.

I did change my steering rack, to change the ackeman setting and steering throw.....the steering radius is tighter and quicker. The car has pick up corner speed and faster transition throw the apex.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dx3r-105.jpg  
Old 08-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3ndo5a
Have both cars it is easy to relay the tally. Both car are good kits, and in the hand of any great driver the performance areas would seem confusing to the spectator which car look the easiest to drive.

Performance wise the Xray carries more corner speed with a spool, with a one way and center 1way the yokomo performs alot better. Dual diff they are both sloppy.

The Xray is forgiving to set up error without losing much performance were as the BDM will reflect its performance due to set up or maintenance. The only other kit that I can think of that is so forgiving would be the HB Cyclone.

My yokomo seems to perform well with any tires without set up changes, were as the xray008 adjustment tends to be made depending on the shoes it wear.

Steering the Xray008/ has the BDM hands down

Acceleration....they very similar

Braking the Xray is very determined

The BDM is Smooth in its transition not as rough as the Xray008

Set up wise the Xray controls more adjustments and quicker.

Maintenance they both are easy to work on.

Quailty wise the are both equally the same.

Cost wise the Xray 008 is crazy priced @ $529USD and so is th BDM $469USD if you can find one state side, else where its a $500 kit to ship.

I did change my steering rack, to change the ackeman setting and steering throw.....the steering radius is tighter and quicker. The car has pick up corner speed and faster transition throw the apex.
Mendosa.. that looks like the 415 MRE steering arms/rack?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

This isn't necessarily a BD question, but I race a B4 and like to use the Yokomo caps with the bleeder screw. I just bought some and the header cards said "new" and they didn't thread onto my shocks right. I didn't force them as I didn't want to start cross threading them. So my aquestion is, did Yokomo change the threading on the caps or do I just need to monkey with them a little more?
Old 08-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Brown
This isn't necessarily a BD question, but I race a B4 and like to use the Yokomo caps with the bleeder screw. I just bought some and the header cards said "new" and they didn't thread onto my shocks right. I didn't force them as I didn't want to start cross threading them. So my aquestion is, did Yokomo change the threading on the caps or do I just need to monkey with them a little more?

I have had the same issue trying to use them on my T4. They didn't thread in right. I know of some others using the same caps on the associatied shocks with no problems. So you are not alone. I ended up not using them.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Mendosa.. that looks like the 415 MRE steering arms/rack?

Yes, good eye

Xray 4*Castor and Steering Blocks (not a must, it cleans up the car up front, also adds the ackerman adjustment)
35mm lunsfords ti turnbuckles
Tamiya MRE Steering Rack
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m3ndo5a
Yes, good eye

Xray 4*Castor and Steering Blocks (not a must, it cleans up the car up front, also adds the ackerman adjustment)
35mm lunsfords ti turnbuckles
Tamiya MRE Steering Rack
im really good at spotting a GOOD RACK from far away.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Thanks to "King of B Main", i will now be part of the BDM family. I can't wait to get this car and take it to the track. this means i can retire my mr4tcs special now. Any word of advice for this car? I'm going to be running the 19t/10.5 class. My setup will be a GTB/10.5 and 4500 trinity lipo. how balanced should the car be with this setup? Thanks for your input

Bryan

Last edited by mr4tcsdrifter; 08-15-2008 at 06:11 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.