Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
anyone know where i can get masami BD rear driveshafts thanks
are they them lovely Blue ones that go on the SDW car at the back
Old 11-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by curious mind
hi guys, i have been driving a yok BD for about 4months now and have this centre 1way pulley. If ever i change to the locked centre pulley what will be the effect? What are the advantage and dis advantage of the lock pulley? Hope you can shed light on this for me. thanks.
Spoke to Chris Grainger about this ,& he said very very little noticible difference in it`s use
he stay`s with fixed centre most of the time even whe he changes from spool to one-way

centre on-way gives you the same as front one-way but on a lesser scale
HTH
Old 11-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
are they them lovely Blue ones that go on the SDW car at the back
no they are similar but they have 1mm extra spacer in hub between bearings, plus longer thread.

Last edited by lignum vitae; 11-27-2006 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:04 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lignum vitae
anyone know where i can get masami BD rear driveshafts thanks
Be carefull with them, I had them for 10 runs (in mod) and they sheared off at the joints.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ark
Be carefull with them, I had them for 10 runs (in mod) and they sheared off at the joints.
ye had same problem with the fronts but rears not so bad. realy just need 1 rear to save buying new set.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Initiate

I got my Bd today, but for some reason the wheels seem to be rubbing on the ball joints and the screw holding a pin in at the front.

I'm sure it shouldn't be doing this so is there anything I can check to try and resolve the problem?

Thanks
Rob
Old 11-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by uvxt
I got my Bd today, but for some reason the wheels seem to be rubbing on the ball joints and the screw holding a pin in at the front.

I'm sure it shouldn't be doing this so is there anything I can check to try and resolve the problem?

Thanks
Rob
hi, u need 2 shave/sand the top of the ball cup a little, as for the whell rubbing on the screw The wheel shud be nower near the screw @ all, Try a diffrent wheel, or use less lock.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Check you have used the correct pivot hole for the c-hub and the spacer is in the correct place for the steering knuckle if its the rear rubbing. If its the rear check the right hole is used on the rear hub carrier.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks
Rob
youv'e got the hinge pin in the bottom hole which is a tuning option but you must repostion the spacers between the c hub and steering knuckle, this is why your rubbing the ball joints and the screws. build it the way the directions say to build it, tune it later if you think it needs to be.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Turtlemaster
youv'e got the hinge pin in the bottom hole which is a tuning option but you must repostion the spacers between the c hub and steering knuckle, this is why your rubbing the ball joints and the screws. build it the way the directions say to build it, tune it later if you think it needs to be.
I don't seem to have the bottom hole, this is probably something to do with the fact that it came with HPI steering blocks and c hubs (bought 2nd hand)

Any more thoughts?
Thanks for the ones so far
Old 11-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I don't seem to have the bottom hole, this is probably something to do with the fact that it came with HPI steering blocks and c hubs (bought 2nd hand)
Thats got everything to do with it. It would have been handy to know before Most people here havent tried the HPI frontend and probably cant help too much.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Hi,

please post a picture.
I'm running the HB suspension for a while now and I never had a problem with it.

Cheers
Chris
Old 11-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Oh.

Well, I'll try to get a picture up sometime soon, I can't get to my camera atm.

cheers
Rob
Old 11-28-2006, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
Spoke to Chris Grainger about this ,& he said very very little noticible difference in it`s use
he stay`s with fixed centre most of the time even whe he changes from spool to one-way

centre on-way gives you the same as front one-way but on a lesser scale
HTH
thanks for the reply sir.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Tech Elite

PS; I love My BD

i`ve had JRXS,CYCLONE,SD,LCG (liked this car also), Xray 04.xray 05,evo 4, evo 5

BD i like alot
doeas any know where i can find the blue ALI Diff halves Yokomo make for the BD ?????
chris had some on he`s car ,can`t find them anywhere ,he was using the HARD chassis for BD aswell

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.