Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 11:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beer_drinker
Those are the ones, I was thinking about.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:16 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm looking for a thicker bottem platte for indoor carpet racing with foams. I have been looking at the the last few pages but did not found a manufacturer that will ship international
Did somebody of you created allready a DXF file of the chassis and would provide that to a desperate BD Owner, that would be very kind

thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hello there sam_smith here ya go hope this helps

RaySpeed
Spring Rating

Gray 19.90
Red 18.26
White 17.17
Yellow 14.87
Blue 14.29
Green 13.20
Thanks alot looked everywere and couldnt find it.

I'm struggling with the car so far, not got any rear end grip atm. Anyone else running tamiya shocks (virtually same as bd shocks just longer shock shaft I believe) and associated springs?
Old 11-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Warning about getting a thick chassis cut.

WARNING!!!! for those looking to acquire a carpet chassis.

Please be careful when ordering a carpet chassis from some on here.
I ordered one and was completely dissapointed with it....really cr#ppy work..looks the guy didn't pay any attention at all to detail. It appeared like it was cut with a dremel.... completely unfinished.
..completely uneven with the cuts, guess he was expecting me to finish the work for him which I would have done if I had the neccessary tools and enough carbon fiber to start over. I was quite upset at first but never let myself lose my cool..so i waited for a while before posting on here.

That was $90 bucks down the drain.

There is a fellow racer at my track that did buy a 3mm chassis from a different guy on this thread and it was picture perfect but I think he is running a cyclone at this point, believe is no longer cutting thick chassis for the BD (for the regulars on this thread you guys know who does the absolute greatest work and who is doing some F..up work).

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-02-2005 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Add header to message.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Maybe just ask for some photos of the chassis before you buy it.
Old 11-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

interesting stuff from Team Bomber

Old 11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default Thank You

Originally Posted by olhipster1

I ordered one and was completely dissapointed with it....really cr#ppy work..looks the guy didn't pay any attention at all to detail. It appeared like it was cut with a dremel.... completely unfinished.
..completely uneven with the cuts, guess he was expecting me to finish the work for him which I would have done if I had the neccessary tools and enough carbon fiber to start over. I was quite upset at first but never let myself lose my cool..so i waited for a while before posting on here.

There is a fellow racer at my track that did buy a 3mm chassis from a different guy on this thread and it was picture perfect but I think he is running a cyclone at this point, believe is no longer cutting thick chassis for the BD (for the regulars on this thread you guys know who does the absolute greatest work and who is doing some F..up work).

Thanks for the kind words This is exactly why I don't like to help people out on these threads.
I'm sorry that you lost $90 on "F..up work" as you put it.
But it looks like you got some of your money back, as this was up in the For Sale forum on Oct 25

Up for sale is a brand new 3mm chassis for a Yokomo BD.
Chassis width is approx. 1.5 narrower than stock chassis, Battery slots have not been filed down
chassis has not been used.

Price shipped in the U.S. is $70 shipped for the bottom chassis.
All PM's and posting have been replied via PM's

I'm can only part with the bottom chassis deck at this time.

option if someone wants is to clamp to stock chassis plates together, there are quite a few people on the Yok BD thread running it like that with good results.

Thanks to all that are interested.
First to paypal gets it.
Sale Pending.
will wait until tonight for paypal....

thanks
What? The F.. up top deck was OK to run though?
I guess that the $10 I made on the chassis will alow me and my family to live the good life. As I stated in an earlier post, yes they were cut by hand but not with a dremel. If you want to see pictures of the chassis in question, it is around page 20 in the For Sale Forum
Imagine that, you try and help some people out and all they do is piss on you.
I am truely sorry if any one else is unhappy, with their chassis.

James Newberg
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If it matter any Jim I was very happy with my chassis.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Matt
Much appreciated
Later
Old 11-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default HMM

FUNNY
I mentioned no names....but yet someone who felt responsible came out defending himself. Since I did the whole transaction thru PM no one knew who I bought the chassis from.

yes I did sell it at a loss on the sale thread hoping the person who bought could fix it better than I could since i don't have the tools....yes i kept the top deck...had to sand the plate down with sandpaper and a file for a while before it looked halfway decent.
and the guy who bought it was completely dissatisfied with it also.....he basically called it unusable.

and Yes I take it as a loss...lesson learned on my part.
whether someone made 10 dollars or not....I still took a bigger loss from my pocket since i had to refund money back because I like to keep a good rep.....but i guess that was helping me out....

thanks for the help....OVER.

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-03-2005 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by utieh
interesting stuff from Team Bomber

looking nice
Old 11-03-2005, 07:13 PM

Thanks for heads up, also thanks to the vender who is trying to help us to improve our car. But my friend you should let drivers know that you are had cutting the part & it is not 100% picture perfact $90.00 for a part is a good chunk of money.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well just for everyone's information the 2 sets of chassis/topdecks I got from jimnew were not EXACTLY laser perfect but they are and will be VERY USABLE. In fact the pics I posted a few pages back were of 1 of jimnews' chassis and topdecks. The 'imperfections' were very minor and just cosmetic I might add. Fit & function supercedes minor cosmetic flaws IMHO. He did explain the situation to me and all is well. Jimnew keep on truckin' dude; you can always 'deal' with me ... and for those I might incite to flaming, believe me, I take heart
Old 11-03-2005, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

OK...I'M GOING TO END THIS RIGHT NOW.
I posted my original post with NO NAMES MENTIONED....
I have learned a valuable lesson and was looking to WARN (key word, pay attention everyone) I am not in the expert class or in the IN CROWD
and Yes I am neither nor want to be am cool learning as I go.

At the end of the day the $$$ was a loss for me and for the buyer who purchased the chassis from me....I offered him a full refund the minute he emailed with his dissatisfaction, he did not want to take a full refund from me but I did insist on giving some sort of refund.

I choose to put the general WARNING because I did not know what the right questions to ask were when I was looking for a chassis. I contaced BMI and a few other known companies if they could do a custom cut for me with no accepted results so I asked around on here. It was the chance I took and I lost out.

As far as fit & finish ...by far not anywhere near right or acceptable
COULD NOT FIT THE BATTERY TRAYS - needed some serious dremeling to make 'em fit.
NO SERVO MOUNTS (never told about that) until after I receipt of chassis which was okay...i could have used servo tape or sho goo but not my style.
NO REAR BUMPER MOUNT
RIGHT SIDE OF CHASSIS HAS A GASH.....probably a mishap during the cutting process or whatever happened
TOP Deck had gashes and the Belt tensioner could not be mounted holes were out of place.
Droop screw areas were not equal length or in same areas.

Perhaps, some did receive good chassis units...I did not.

I am not attempting to start any controversy on here. Once again I never posted any names did I? Original posting was general warning/Informational post. If you look at the BD thread I do not post often, probably only a few times to date in this thread, my post are mostly from me buying cars and parts in the sale thread.
AGAIN I am trying to help those who do not know what to ask. I'm learning as I go...and would like to save fellow racers the pain of losing $$$$ and being dissapointed when opening a package and getting something unexpected.

So, please do not respond in a negative manner that goes to all please....just read the post and take the information and use it wisely.

I take my reputation seriously on here and off the site that is why I did not mention names in the original post or in the following posts.

As a side note I'm a Yokomo fan, in the past year I've literally have tried every car in the U.S. market and keep coming back to Yokomo because they're are fit&finish experts and by far the most user friendly car in the market.

Last edited by olhipster1; 11-03-2005 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

No problem, your point was made... just simply rehashing my experience On the note of the battery trays though; I simply sliced the back lips off of them so they sit flush on the chassis. With your other issues, I repeat- I take heart

Last edited by JayBee; 09-12-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.