Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

I am loving the Steering system.

*Deciding whether or not to place an order now or wait until its been released a few months and any problems have been ironed out...
Old 03-03-2005, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by pheyhoe
I am loving the Steering system.

*Deciding whether or not to place an order now or wait until its been released a few months and any problems have been ironed out...
Oh man, just get it, you know you're you're gonna love it
Old 03-03-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Since when has a Yokomo Kit ever had Problems that need ironing out? J/k....Man just order one. I did and it will be out right near my B-Day.....Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me...LOL
-Stephen <><
Old 03-03-2005, 09:18 AM
Tech Master

Hmmmm, i could do with a front Diff aswell. might have to buy 2 to get two diffs

Steve can you swop a one way with a diff out of another car and put two one ways in one kit

Heart: Buy it!
Head: Wait a few months
Wallet: Wait a few months
Mother: Wait a few years.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

So what advantage if any do you think the belt will have over the shaft? I see one as being a lower cg. Of course my BD is back ordered.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

It will be more stable under power in modified.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
So Lem have you preordered yet??????
Spoke to our LHS, And I'm at the list, its just depends how many arrives!!

I noticed that the suspension mounts are from the CGM, and it has lots of Bling bling potential!! Team Suzuki Knuckles/rear hubs, TRF SHocks, RS springs and spring retainers ...Hmmmmmmmmmm what else....

I'll know by end of march!, we usually get it a few days earlier than you guys.

Last edited by lem2; 03-03-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Why would you want TRF Shocks???

The Yok shocks with a set of RAYSPEED springs are awsome.......
Old 03-03-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by pheyhoe
Why would you want TRF Shocks???
The Yok shocks with a set of RAYSPEED springs are awsome.......
I had problems getting the ride height I wanted with my CGM, too many mods to do on the shocks to do it right. I tried doing the mods and made a mistake, I had to wait for the next shipment to get the shock parts------ could not resist not to run the car so the TRF shocks was the last option. I works great also like the Yoke ones, but I think they are smoother.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-trfshkscgm.jpg  
Old 03-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Hmm, yeah. They also look pretty sweet

I personally think the TRF shocks are of a lesser quality to the Yok ones....
Old 03-03-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Crikey the board moves fast these days! Time to split the car forums from the general section in my opinion...

Anyway, I've spent a little time peering at Yokomo USA's pics of the car, and I REALLY like what I see.

The car isn't actually as fussy in the design as it appears at first, the cutouts in the top deck make it deceptive. Steering system looks excellent, the battery trays are a brilliant innovation, and it looks like we have the biggest pulleys on the market - so maximum efficiency.

We'll have to wait until we get them on the track, but I reckon Yokomo have got a winner on their hands here! An expensive winner though...
Old 03-03-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Yok shocks are just as good as Tamiya ones. Get some Rayspeed O-rings and they are awesome.

The price on this car is right in the ballpark for the new cars coming out. 415MS or EVO4MS $450, Jrxs $350, T1FK05 $400.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by sosidge
and it looks like we have the biggest pulleys on the market - so maximum efficiency.
Sosidge - I'm not trying to start an argument here but I have seen a lot of people posting on these forums about bigger pulleys equals more efficiency, when in fact it's sort of a win-lose situation.

Yes - bigger pulleys mean a larger radius for the belt so you increase efficiency there, but.... larger pulleys means more belt wrap, there are simply more teeth in contact with the pulley at any one given moment, and this reduces efficiency

So you can see you gain in one area and lose in another. I find it odd that this isn't discussed more when talking about efficiency.

I'm surprised, with modern improvements in materials, that manufacturers haven't attempted to revive MXL belts (fine pitch) - as fine pitch belts can operate efficiently over a much tighter radius - which would give manufacturers the chance to reduce drivetrain weight by making smaller diffs and pulleys (which could then be placed lower in the car for better c of g )

Having said that I suppose we have to use what is available and the Yokomo certainly looks the business
Old 03-04-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just loticed that the space between the motor and the rear tire is substantial in comparision to the Mini TC they put out....Just wanted to share....
http://www.yokomousa.com/kits/mr4tc_..._MOUNT_600.jpg
Have a great day...
-Stephen <><
Old 03-04-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Ok, i am buying the car.
#
I need a diff though. anybody know if its possible to make one up or if yokomo do one yet????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.