Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pops
It helps with bump steer.
can someone explain bump steer? i keep getting different explanations for it.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Bump steer is the angle the wheel moves when the suspension is compresses. If you turn full lock on the BD, the wheel wants to bump out slightly. This gives you better corner speed but hinders the turn in steering. By flipping the steering turnbuckles to the bottom of the graphite plate (still put the spacer between the ballstud and the plate), you're altering the bumpsteer slightly so the tire doesn't bump out as much, giving the car more turn-in steering.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Bump steer is the angle the wheel moves when the suspension is compresses. If you turn full lock on the BD, the wheel wants to bump out slightly. This gives you better corner speed but hinders the turn in steering. By flipping the steering turnbuckles to the bottom of the graphite plate (still put the spacer between the ballstud and the plate), you're altering the bumpsteer slightly so the tire doesn't bump out as much, giving the car more turn-in steering.

sweeeet. thanks matt.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by highwayman
that's right... forgot about that... im very happy with the TC4 bones with rayspeed MIP axles... maybe i'll just get them for the rear...
I tried the TC4 bones/RS axles in the rear...doesn't fit..bones are too long...
are you running them in the front? haven't installed the front ones yet.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

aah, finally just finished my RROC BD, cant wait to hit the track with this thing on Thursday.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
I tried the TC4 bones/RS axles in the rear...doesn't fit..bones are too long...
are you running them in the front? haven't installed the front ones yet.

Yes, im running them in the front... i never tried them in ther rear, im using the stock rear axles, with the blue alm yoke bones in the rear.

i installed the TC4 bones a week after i got the car, (maybe 2nd week of april), been running the car with a front 1 way and we usually run twice a week, around 5 to 12 packs per day... so far, there is no visible wear on the bones... but i did notice some polishing of the TC4 bone where it contacts the steering knuckle, so i polished the innner portion of the stock knuckles.

in my opinion, this is the best option to use in front, in terms of durability, looks, and wear.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard

Hi Matt... is there another way to get bump-in steering without having to flip the turnbuckles...

why would the stock setting of the turnbuckle give more corner speed, if it actually bumps out during full lock?
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by highwayman
Hi Matt... is there another way to get bump-in steering without having to flip the turnbuckles...

why would the stock setting of the turnbuckle give more corner speed, if it actually bumps out during full lock?
You can alter the bumpsteer by lowering or raising the inside ballstud on the steering, to reduce it you would need to raise it.
Since the stock setting bumps out slightly, when the car corners hard the outside wheel will want to straighten slightly keeping the cars speed up and not scrubbbing it to make the corner. I'm talking about really small changes in the steering angle here, nothing major, just turn the wheels on your car and compress the suspension and you'll be able to see how much bumpsteer I'm talking about. It's just another small tuning option that myself and some others use.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:49 PM
Tech Regular

Guys, mind giving me the part numbers for the TC4 bones and the rayspeed axles? Wat's a good online shop for rayspeed stuffs? Thanks.
Old 05-25-2005, 12:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default rayspeed spring sort

any of you yokomo/rayspeed fanatics got a spring guide for rayspeed springs & what poundage they are from soft-hard
cheers big ears (in advance)

i have been out of the loop for awhile so need bringing back up to speed
(been in the `dark side`)
Old 05-25-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
any of you yokomo/rayspeed fanatics got a spring guide for rayspeed springs & what poundage they are from soft-hard
cheers big ears (in advance)

i have been out of the loop for awhile so need bringing back up to speed
(been in the `dark side`)
Yokomo
Spring Rating [lb/in]
Orange 18.87
Green 16.06
Pink 14.93
Yellow 14.71
White 12.94
Blue 12.12

Rayspeed
Spring Rating [lb/in]
Gray 19.90
Red 18.26
White 17.17
Yellow 14.87
Blue 14.29
Green 13.20
Old 05-25-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki
Chris... isn't that what we were doing to each other last Sunday? You bump my rear and steer... likewise, I bump you and steer just before the straight... Man, that was way too funny...

BTW, Matt... thanks for the explanation. It definitely helps to know how the steering angles will affect setups. Thanks again!
Old 05-25-2005, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

While we are on small changes made to the steering could you please tell me what moving the ball joint forward on the graphite steering plate will do (stock setting is 3rd hole back out of 4 i believe)

Cheers
Chris
Old 05-25-2005, 05:13 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Chrissy C
While we are on small changes made to the steering could you please tell me what moving the ball joint forward on the graphite steering plate will do (stock setting is 3rd hole back out of 4 i believe)

Cheers
Chris
There's actually 5 holes crammed into that rack. the further forward you move the ballstud the more turn-in steering you'll get while sacrificing some onpower steering.
Old 05-25-2005, 06:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As i run a spool set up i guess this will be my next change to make as I was looking for a little more turn in this weekend without the car becoming too aggressive mid corner. Thanks Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.