Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Car to Buy

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Red face Which Car to Buy

Ok I've got some off road trucks and I think I'm ready for my first on-road. I've got my eyes on the HPI E10 and I would like the Ford GT body with it. Now I haven't written anything in stone so give me some so ideas. I don't want a drifting car and I was seeing the E10 for around $170-$185 so if you could try to keep it there. Oh and I would LOVE a 4WD car. ELECTRIC PLEASE!!!!!!?!?!!!!

Thx Jaaron
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are looking at the very bottom of the barrel there, but if all you want is something cute to putter around in the driveway in a little plastic GT then its a fine choice. If you want to race, your 180 would be better spent on a used touring car of a far higher caliber. There are loads of them to choose from, but you need something that you can get parts for. So I guess we need to know what you want to do.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

U wanna get somthing with a metal drive train, and if I am not mistaken the e10 has a plastic dt.....I have the redcat exp and it is super fast and it has an all metal drivetrain, I also drift race it and it keeps up with all the other high end brands......of course it has a different motor and nothing elso in it is redcat,cause they have crappy elecs, but the chassis I will bet my life on to be durable and crash resistant.......so check it out.....I am not saying that hpi losi or any other company are not good, just sayin for the price it is a good durable lil chassis and it is of the same quality as the other " high end" brands....well it's up to u....
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Best cheap touring car that they still make parts for? You want the associated tc4, you can buy the club racer rolling chassis brand new for 150.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Do a search, this is one of the most repeated topics ever. But that being said, a TC4 club racer would be a good, cheap start and an E10 should be avoided as a racing platform. Check you LHS to see what is the most common and supported chassis. That's about it.....pick your poison....
Old 06-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Some form of this question really should become a sticky... while the specific models mentioned may change over time, the same basic replies (what do other locals run, what brand parts does your lhs carry, what color aluminum floats your boat, racing or bashing, etc.) never do.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
Some form of this question really should become a sticky... while the specific models mentioned may change over time, the same basic replies (what do other locals run, what brand parts does your lhs carry, what color aluminum floats your boat, racing or bashing, etc.) never do.
++++
Old 06-19-2012, 10:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LasagnaCat
+ 1 Billion
Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile Thanks

Lol thx guys but my LHS has pretty high prices because they don't really have and competition. I'm still gonna go see what they have. I fishing way off according to what everyone says. Thanks for the tips I'm so indecisive so this helps my search alot.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Sakura Zero S is just under $120 from Integy.com
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

I am a big advocate for supporting your local hobbyshops because they are the constant ambassador of RC to the public, but if your LHS is severly gouging the prices then you need to look online. Perhaps one of the shops that is advertising on RCtech.

Amain or superior.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Champion

Office computer double post all of the time.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JaaronRC
Lol thx guys but my LHS has pretty high prices because they don't really have and competition. I'm still gonna go see what they have. I fishing way off according to what everyone says. Thanks for the tips I'm so indecisive so this helps my search alot.
You still may want to buy a car they sell and stock parts for (even if it's not from them) since even if it costs a couple of bucks more you can get parts same day instead of always through the mail.

Remember, they already paid the shipping and advice, while free, is worth a lot.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Yeah I did my latest shopping online and checked some of the stuff from the store online... I could've save like 23+Dollars if I bought it online. Even with shipping and handling.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by SteveM
Sakura Zero S is just under $120 from Integy.com
BTW Im a novice so I would lik the suggestions to be RTR or ARTR no kits please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.