Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
Does anybody know where I can get a new or used TC??????????
Here you go...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/30032
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

can anyone direct me to a site or just some info on how to use the PPD tweak plate. The only thing I can find is something a 5 year old can figure out. The directions just tell you how to mount it. It says you can adjust the droop while on the plate..... but I dont see how. Is there supposed to be a certain spot to check the droop?
Old 01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigb11
Does anybody know where I can get a new or used TC??????????
So, you're looking to do the same, huh

I'd love to ge the TC, but can't see dropping the $$ (new or used, unless its a good deal) for a car I'd only race a couple of times a year

so i'm just hunting for an original cyclone and go from there
Old 01-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

I own a Worlds Edition and am really happy with the car, I have not been in rc very long but I have driven a few different models and I really really like my cyclone. The worlds editoin you can find for a decent price and just upgrade it its only lacking a few things but I dont know if you can use the ATC posts unless you drill and set them yourself.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tulsa TC3
can anyone direct me to a site or just some info on how to use the PPD tweak plate. The only thing I can find is something a 5 year old can figure out. The directions just tell you how to mount it. It says you can adjust the droop while on the plate..... but I dont see how. Is there supposed to be a certain spot to check the droop?
Did you buy it used? Try going to the actual thread and look at the pics posted. It might help you out some. It's really easy to use.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Did you buy it used? Try going to the actual thread and look at the pics posted. It might help you out some. It's really easy to use.
Hello guys , im back in a while and i wanted to say how my first important race went.
So it was on sunday the 4 and it was on carpet medium track.
I ran mod 3.5 with my new ENERG4600.
The practise was very usefull , i only did a 14 lapper and the best was 25 lapps .
After the practise i changed a bit my setup cause the rear was sliding and for my first heat i did a 17 lapper.
Again i changed the setup on roll center and roll bar.For the second heat i did a 19 lapper wich was pretty good but i kept banging myself in every corners ,i still became fifth out of 6 . Then the third heat came and it was awsome until some one came full speed in my back and it tweaked the car so badly i had to slow alot but it still finished in a 19 lapper.
Then for the fourth heat was one of the best run with a 20 lapper almost clean run .
Finaly the final , i was in the B but i was enjoying it , i was against some of very good drivers. The 12 laps i did where great , one of them was my fastest lap but then when it came to the straight on the 13th lap i drifted a bit and the front right of the car banged on the corner wich broke my steering arm and it bounced back on the barrier wich unscrewed my motor . Because of this i didnt do the second leg but i still enjoyed the day . I thought i had a spare but unfirtunatly no , i have 5 widhbones , 3 hubs for each sides , a chassi a top deck , so many spares execpt the streering knuckle .
Thne i went back home with my brokn part but i loved my first race of the year .
I thought i would share what i did with you guys because sometimes you were sharing your race so i thought it would be nice.
Old 01-10-2009, 04:48 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hi, I want to run ashphalt mod rubber with this car. What springs are best to use, HPI or Hara. Also are the gold and silver kit supplied springs pretty close to a good set up for mod? Cheers
Old 01-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Addict

Hi guys , im going racing tomorow on a carpet track and im going to run mod 5.5 and 3.5 to get used to the track. The track i went racing last week , i ran 3.5 with a FDR of 9.6 wch was perfect , everybody was between 9.4 and 9.8 .
This was with 5 cell packs and 3.5 but i would like to know what gearing i should use ( on the hb cyclone WCE ) with a LRP or NOSRAM 5.5 BL 5 cell.
Thanks for any advice guys and if possible could i get an answer before tomorow , thanks.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi guys , im going racing tomorow on a carpet track and im going to run mod 5.5 and 3.5 to get used to the track. The track i went racing last week , i ran 3.5 with a FDR of 9.6 wch was perfect , everybody was between 9.4 and 9.8 .
This was with 5 cell packs and 3.5 but i would like to know what gearing i should use ( on the hb cyclone WCE ) with a LRP or NOSRAM 5.5 BL 5 cell.
Thanks for any advice guys and if possible could i get an answer before tomorow , thanks.
how about running a slower motor?? i cant see running a 3.5-5.5 brushless indoor.. we have a fairly big track and the most i may run in Foam maybe just under a 10.5... In rubber, if wanted to go faster, it would probably just be a 10.5.. currently 13.5 is fast enough for rubber which is what majority runs locally... and its a blast, the cars are fast, driveable and will not cause too much breakage.......

sometimes at first slower is definately faster.... try it you may see the difference in your personal best lap times.......
Old 01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

hey all just wondering

is the cyclone tc equal weight on both sides without electrics?

cause a few comments back im pretty sure weight disrebution is a very important thing, because my car keeps rolling aswell so im just wondering and also i have to add 300 grams to it so if some cud fill me in about it thankz
Old 01-11-2009, 05:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It is maybe a tiiiiny bit heavier on the motor side without electronics because of the servo mounts, the steering arm pointing on that side of the car, and the fact the motor mount/bulkhead piece is a little more hefty.

As a whole, you really should balance your car left to right with all your electronics in the car. I honestly can't give you a set amount of weight to slap on the car because it depends on what electronics you have in your car, and even wiring layout/how much wire to a certain extent.

What I do is weigh all of my electronics on a scale, then weigh my battery. I look at the difference between each side, and add weight accordingly. That will at least get you in the ballpark. At that point I think about where the weight should be put on that side of the car. Usually I put a little more in the rear because I need to make that side equal with the motor on the opposite side. After the car is all balanced, I usually just add weight equalll aroudn the car untill I reach the min weight as specified at the track I'm racing at. If the min isn't specified I always just go to roar minimum weight (which I never seem to remember anymore).

One of these days when I get a killer camera I'll put up a sort of killer tuning guide with pictures for you guys. It's sometimes hard to explain these things without pictures haha.

I hope that helps, if youhave any more questions, feel free to post them.

-Korey
Old 01-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

yep thankz korey im really hopin it fixs the really harsh rolling in my car

its pretty mad the rolling it does im wondering if thats just a grip problem
back when i was running my plastic traxxas i was thought it was crazy that there was guys at my track that had to add 100s of grams to there cars. but now i see that with the cyclone the carbon makes abig difference

anyway thankz heaps
Old 01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This car rocks. Had a great time this weekend and can't wait to do it all again soon. Scotty and I had a blast and if any of you ever meet him.....ask to take his car for a spin. I CAN BEAT HARA with his car Man that thing felt great. I would have TQ'ed and won if Scotty would have been a team player and let me run his car all day
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Just raced my newly built cyclone TC kit everything went together great. However there is a lot of play in the spur gear I dont know if that's normal. The car ran really well for the first race at the colisium which is extremely high grip indoor asphalt.

,Anyone know of a good setup on high bit asphalt with a front one-way in front?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

ah that reminds me

is it smart to get a better rear dif for the cyclone if there is one

and are these
http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....roducts_id=205

better then the stock shafts?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.