Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
i would love to pick up stuff from you as you carry everything i could need...but shipping kills me lol

We need some better hotbodies support in the USA
AMEN to that!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shadow102
yeah i need to try that

in the mean time anybody know of a US supplier that has the pro spec diff?
Call Billy at SpeedWorld, I believe he had some in stock..

http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Con...tore_Hours.cfm
Old 08-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

The car was crap all day. I tested with double oneways in practice and the car was fast but not TQ fast so I put on Scotty's Reedy race set up right before the forst qualifyier and forgot to take out the center oneway....can you say supper spin out when you hit the brakes. I TQ'ed that round. Got back to the pits and put the fixed center pulley in and the car was still crap...I beat my TQ. Third round I didn't change anything and more of the same. Hotbodies needs to improve their car
....The mains went bad for real this time. I couldn't hit a line to save my life. I used all my good runs in qualifying... I lost the lead but had 2nd locked up but flipped off the track and two cars went by me. I was able to catch one to move up to 3rd place but ran out of time to catch the 2nd place car. A GREAT DAY FOR THE CYCLONE IF YOU ASK ME. The scary thing is that Scotty's car felt even better than mine. When he let me drive it in practice it was Hara like.... I can't wait to run this crappy car again

If you don't own one.....borrow one cause you're gonna love it!!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default looking for bearings

I'm usually pretty good at finding parts but I'm a little confused finding a complete set of bearings for the TC... I don't need ceramic, just a good set of replacement bearings... any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
Old 08-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by lightfoot
I'm usually pretty good at finding parts but I'm a little confused finding a complete set of bearings for the TC... I don't need ceramic, just a good set of replacement bearings... any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks
http://stores.ebay.com/WalawalaStore

this is where I get all of mine bro. Check it out.
Old 08-10-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Can someone with a TC please measure the distance from the bottom of the top deck to the top of the chassis? Trying to figure out how LIPO is gonna fit in the car.

Thanks
Old 08-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Just going through my car and messing with the setup a little and came across something i am not sure about. I am still learning RC car setup and was wondering...the spacers on the steering shaft i assume are to change ackerman (sp?) the stock setup suggests running 4mm worth of spacers. Whats the effects on the car if i increase or decrease the number of spacers?
Old 08-11-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

4mm is about the maximum you can use, with less shims you should find that the car is less aggressive on initial turn in.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by artwork
Can someone with a TC please measure the distance from the bottom of the top deck to the top of the chassis? Trying to figure out how LIPO is gonna fit in the car.

Thanks
The Orion 3800 30c's fit fine, just remove about 1mm to 1.5mm o material from the centre brace.
Malc
Old 08-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I can post my current setup for a high traction indoor track. The kit setup is pretty good for the most part too.

Front:
Spring: HPI Pro 4 Pink
Oil: AE 45wt
Piston: tamiya 3 hole
Rebound: 75% with the foam
Shock position: #2 on the new suspension arm, #3 on the tower
Swaybar: 1.4mm
Caster: 4 deg
Camber: 2 deg
Upper Link: long, with 3mm under the inner pivot
Arm sweep/toe block: 2.0 deg
Shims under suspension blocks: FF=1.0 FR=1.0mm
Droop: 6mm off a droop gauge
Ackerman: 4mm on the center arm and position #2 on the steering knuckle
Front Drive: Spool

Rear:
Spring: HPI Pro 4 Silver
Oil: AE 40wt
Piston: Tamiya 3 holes
Rebound: 75% with the foam
Shock Position: #2 on the new suspension arm, and #4 on the tower
Swaybar: 1.2mm
Camber: 2 deg
Upper Link: long on the bulkhead, inner position on the rear hub, 1.5mm under the inner pivot
Rear Toe: 2.0 deg
Shims under suspension blocks: RF= 1.5mm RR= 1.5mm
Droop: 6mm off gauge

Wheelbase: stock on everything
Body: Protoform Mazdaspeed 6
Tires: Speedmind/Sorex 36R premounts
Hi Korey
I tried your setup at my club on Friday, and it was a little loose at first until the first round had finished (4 heats, 22 racers) so I brought the droop to 5mm all round, I have never had sooooooooo much grip from this car, and as the night went on, I brought the droop back to 6mm but was still far to grippy as the rubber was laid, btw, i didn't put a 2 degree bar on the rear as I didn't have one, so put a 2.5 on. What would of been your suggestion to loosen the car up please

I tried the setup at my out-door track, and again had a great amount of grip with 5mm droop on the rear and front, but the initial turn in was catching me out a little, maybe I could have slow the servo down a little from my hand-set, but went to a 1.5 bar on the front and put 5.5 of droop on the front, again what would you have done please.
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 08-11-2008, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

gave the wrong info.....my bad. Read the post wrong.

Last edited by STLNLST; 08-11-2008 at 03:14 PM.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Could someone please post up Hara's Reedy winning setup and what changes he made to the TC as far as parts.

Cheers
Adrian
Old 08-11-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

TheCoolCanFanMan- So It sounds like the car worked good for a while, but then became too stuck overall as the night went on. The 2.5deg rear toe will make the rear end stick more overall, especially mid-exit. So... the 2 deg rear toe probably would have helped out a little bit with letting the car roll through the corners a little better. You could also try just standing up the shocks a little bit, or run thicker swaybars to help free it up overall.

Now to smooth out initial turn in, I would try a little bit less front camber. Also try a normal Protoform Mazda 6, rather than a Protoform Mazdaspeed 6. The normal mazda 6 is muuuch smoother overall than the Mazdaspeed 6. I just like a lot of steering . You can also try adding a little more shims under the front suspension blocks. Go up to 1.5mm like STLNLST said, and maybe even try 1.0mm FF, and 1.5mm FR to give the front end a little antidive. It should make the car a little smoother on entry, and give more on power steering comming out of a corner.

Vazzo- http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...ra080525TC.pdf

Thats Hara's reedy setup. You should keep in mind that the condiditons at the reedy race were pretty unique. No traction compound allowed for the Invite guys like him, and the Speedmind/sorex premounts tend to make the car push a bit. It should be a good starting point for a typical outdoor asphalt track though.

The only things that I saw that werent stock on his car were servo mounts, aluminum shock pivots, and aluminum rear outdrives. The intent was to run mostly everything stock, because the car is awesome in it's stock form. Other things he had on his car were just different springs, pistons, and swaybars for tuning.

-Korey
Old 08-11-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Vazzo- http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/...ra080525TC.pdf

Thats Hara's reedy setup. You should keep in mind that the condiditons at the reedy race were pretty unique. No traction compound allowed for the Invite guys like him, and the Speedmind/sorex premounts tend to make the car push a bit. It should be a good starting point for a typical outdoor asphalt track though.

The only things that I saw that werent stock on his car were servo mounts, aluminum shock pivots, and aluminum rear outdrives. The intent was to run mostly everything stock, because the car is awesome in it's stock form. Other things he had on his car were just different springs, pistons, and swaybars for tuning.

-Korey
Also....

- Cut rear deck for more traction.
- Version 3 spool, with POM outdrives and alu sleeves.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stew Noble
Also....

- Cut rear deck for more traction.
- Version 3 spool, with POM outdrives and alu sleeves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.