Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

I think the black is really cool with a couple a purple things on the car it looks very nice .
Old 09-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Like the pro4...the cyclone sway bars seem to have the same side to side play... I used lock collars to minimize that.. something copied from my BD.

Also taken from my pro4 bag of tricks... drilled out the ball ups to access the hex balls. so you do not have to pop off the cups everytime you want to make adjustments... lessens the chance of the ball cups stretching and developing slop.

Not much room for electronics... still don't know where to place the capacitor...and I don't look to cover up the Twister 2.1

hope to have the car running by this weekend...
hah ur receiver is too big! you need KO rx, then you can put the cap between the belth and the rx.
wow that IS very little space
good luck!
Old 09-30-2005, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by floodo1
hah ur receiver is too big! you need KO rx, then you can put the cap between the belth and the rx.
wow that IS very little space
good luck!
yea.. I know the KO rx is tiny...don't want to spend anymore on a new radio system. racers with the Spektrum will have similar problems....the RX is slightly bigger than Futaba's
if there was a way to rotate the servo 90deg like the BD then there would be plenty of space... my other option is to chop off the right servo mount and just use servo tape to secure along with the 1 left servo mount. I may try this this weekend...since I have a replacement servo case coming next week.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HUSTON

HB Cyclone has hit the shores of Australia!!!
Old 09-30-2005, 11:55 PM
Tech Addict

Does anyone use an MRT VX speed controller in their Cyclone? After seeing Zombies pictures I'm starting to think that it'll be hard to fit it in :S

Last edited by Skill; 10-01-2005 at 01:03 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Like the pro4...the cyclone sway bars seem to have the same side to side play... I used lock collars to minimize that.. something copied from my BD.

Also taken from my pro4 bag of tricks... drilled out the ball ups to access the hex balls. so you do not have to pop off the cups everytime you want to make adjustments... lessens the chance of the ball cups stretching and developing slop.

Not much room for electronics... still don't know where to place the capacitor...and I don't look to cover up the Twister 2.1

hope to have the car running by this weekend...
Very nicely built, where you racing it this weekend Ramon?
Old 10-01-2005, 01:14 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Yesterday evening I was reading at the German forum the HPI/HB teamdrivers got their Cyclones now. So just before the CS Open race what is held this weekend and is the beginning of the indoor season.
Cars are built ready yesterday evening so they have to start into this race with a brandnew car without any practice. They have some pretty good drivers but without any experience before it will be interesting what they can do. I will be going to the track on sunday and watch them.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:25 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skill
Does anyone use an MRT VX speed controller in their Cyclone? After seeing Zombies pictures I'm starting to think that it'll be hard to fit it in :S
The VX Pro is just about 2.5mm wider then a KO or Twister so should fit but will stick out of the chassis for sure. Itīs just good it isnīt necessary using a cap with the VX.
But the new tiny MX Pro will fit more nicely on the Cyclone.
Old 10-01-2005, 05:08 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davo
HB Cyclone has hit the shores of Australia!!!
You're right but 2 weeks too late, Domo got his a couple of weeks ago!!!!
Old 10-01-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

So overall, what is your impression of the Cyclone? Do you guys think it's worth the cash? And zombies, your car has an HPI pivot block, and ball cups, and stuff. Are the two companies finally sister companies? I know there was a huge controversy and debate some time ago, and I'm not sure if they are related (I'm thinking they are). But other than that, those are some wicked looking rides. How does she drive?
-Josh
Old 10-01-2005, 08:02 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Just know owner of HPI and HB is the same person.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Aurra Sing
Very nicely built, where you racing it this weekend Ramon?
I was going to take it to SWR on SAT.. but I still don't have the electronics all wired up...the car is complete. and very impressed with it... I didn't think I would like it..but the black bulkhead tends to look good along with the little purple here and there...
Old 10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by josh69162
So overall, what is your impression of the Cyclone? Do you guys think it's worth the cash? And zombies, your car has an HPI pivot block, and ball cups, and stuff. Are the two companies finally sister companies? I know there was a huge controversy and debate some time ago, and I'm not sure if they are related (I'm thinking they are). But other than that, those are some wicked looking rides. How does she drive?
-Josh
very impress with the quality of the kit. only 1 minor handfitting of parts..the diff gear on the front one-way. if you buy it from Stormer Hobbies..only $420.00 it's approx. only $20-30 more than the YOK. BD...
yes..the car has alot of HPI parts..escpecially the suspension is all Pro4. HPI and HB announced the merger a few month ago...but they have been co-habintating in the same building for a year or more ...
hope to give it a shakedown test drive sometime this weekend...
Old 10-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

very impress with the quality of the kit. only 1 minor handfitting of parts..the diff gear on the front one-way. if you buy it from Stormer Hobbies..only $420.00 it's approx. only $20-30 more than the YOK. BD...
yes..the car has alot of HPI parts..escpecially the suspension is all Pro4. HPI and HB announced the merger a few month ago...but they have been co-habintating in the same building for a year or more ...
hope to give it a shakedown test drive sometime this weekend...
ok its all done with electronics and i added a few thing let me know what you think
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-007.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-008.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-009.jpg  
Old 10-02-2005, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by V12
Yesterday evening I was reading at the German forum the HPI/HB teamdrivers got their Cyclones now. So just before the CS Open race what is held this weekend and is the beginning of the indoor season.
Cars are built ready yesterday evening so they have to start into this race with a brandnew car without any practice. They have some pretty good drivers but without any experience before it will be interesting what they can do. I will be going to the track on sunday and watch them.

and all of us managed to get in the a-main. the race was won by marc rheinard in front of steven weiss and steen gravesen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.