Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i gess we do.. because everyone i know has had to go out and buy a multi diff. and battery bar for there fk05. which goes like this. $370 for the kit, $40 for the battery bar, and $65 for the multi diff. making the kit $475. sounds like the cyclone's price to me.
but i gess you wouldnt have to have the battery bar if your a tape person.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Addict

The Xray still doesn't come with a battery bar in the UK, but it's £265 for the kit, whereas the Cyclone will be £375, that's quite a difference....

I'm not sure I'd be too keen on drilling out holes on the chassis for posts for a battery bar, even though I use the bar at the moment I think I'll be using tape with the Cyclone unless a bar and mounts is included.
Old 08-29-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Skill
The Xray still doesn't come with a battery bar in the UK, but it's £265 for the kit, whereas the Cyclone will be £375, that's quite a difference....

I'm not sure I'd be too keen on drilling out holes on the chassis for posts for a battery bar, even though I use the bar at the moment I think I'll be using tape with the Cyclone unless a bar and mounts is included.
Hi,

I hope they don't include a bar.

I like the taping of the battery!
It is the easiest and cheapest way to save weight!

Does anyone know if the diffs are easy to acces like with the Yokomo BD car?? Hope so!

Bye Thomas
Old 08-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,

I hope they don't include a bar.

I like the taping of the battery!
It is the easiest and cheapest way to save weight!

Does anyone know if the diffs are easy to acces like with the Yokomo BD car?? Hope so!

Bye Thomas
It appears the diffs are "easy access". I remember seeing the split bulkheads in the original prototype pics from the TITC .
Old 08-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Tech Addict

Yep, it looks as though the bulkheads are split top and bottom, with the upper bulkhead only needing 4 screws to be removed. I'd class that as easy access, when comparing it to the Pro 4 where you have to take all of the upper deck off to access the diffs.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by fjm9898
yes and if you think about the 415ms is expensive as hell. i think, i havent checked in a lone time, but the 415ms is $480 and now they have the msx converson kit on top of the MS wich is another $200 so if you think about the 415 accually is the most expensive car and its been out for a while. but hey that is what tamiya is known for. putting out kits and conversons all the time. if you ask me tamiya makes the highest priced cars. and they still break all the time. half of the people that i know that ran it our local TCS race broke there car at least once. and the turn buckles are aluminum stock, so basically there is another what $40 i think for the TI ones. cuz the aluminum ones bend way way to easy
this is the first conversion kit tamiya have ever done for a competition touring car.please get you facts write.i have NEVER seem a tamiya break wisbones or huibs or even turnbuckles,titanium or aluminium.
the onlty thing ive seen is grub screws come loose from the spur gear mount.ive had that and so as adam rogers whilst on his way to a national win.
please dont slate cars you probly never driven.
thing is people will pay the price for the tamiya and conversion,because they no its good.
in the uk there is atleast 3-4 drivers i can think of running the tamiya at nationals and making top 15.
before there were none,and one of them has gone from a factory backed driver to being independent to run the tamiya.
he has just won a uk national race,the ko grand prix at west london race way.
well done adam by the way hehe
Old 08-30-2005, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
Yep, it looks as though the bulkheads are split top and bottom, with the upper bulkhead only needing 4 screws to be removed. I'd class that as easy access, when comparing it to the Pro 4 where you have to take all of the upper deck off to access the diffs.
On mine...I've never had to take off the upper deck to access the diffs...
Old 08-30-2005, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by trf racer
this is the first conversion kit tamiya have ever done for a competition touring car.please get you facts write.i have NEVER seem a tamiya break wisbones or huibs or even turnbuckles,titanium or aluminium.
the onlty thing ive seen is grub screws come loose from the spur gear mount.ive had that and so as adam rogers whilst on his way to a national win.
please dont slate cars you probly never driven.
thing is people will pay the price for the tamiya and conversion,because they no its good.
in the uk there is atleast 3-4 drivers i can think of running the tamiya at nationals and making top 15.
before there were none,and one of them has gone from a factory backed driver to being independent to run the tamiya.
he has just won a uk national race,the ko grand prix at west london race way.
well done adam by the way hehe
This is NOT the first conversion kit from tamiya. They had 414M conversion kit for TRF414 before.

Also TRF driver broke suspension parts at TITC 2003.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

yea they also went from 415 to 415ms to 415msx now... and same goes with the EVO series, they have a had few conversons themselves through their history

also a tamiya factory driver, andrew cartwright, races at the track i race at, and i have seen him break parts with his MSX. where ever you race must be nice if you have never broken parts. the matter of the fact is all cars break parts, sh*t happens and you will break. i was just stating that latly i have seen parts break more on 415s more then any other car. at TCS, which i know is all tamiya lol but they broke alot, almost every other run. also at our two day outdoor event. i was pitting with the only two tamiya guys there, one in mod on in stock. the stock guy broke during pratice and two of the races and the mod guy only finished one of his quaifiers and one of the tripple a-mains. and the mod guy is a sponsored driver so you cant say he sucks and was hittting everything because that simply was not the case.

so we both have our own exp. with the car. not saying its a bad car, it was the belt car i was going to get before i herd about the cyclone. but tamiya you cant say they dont put out conversons, that is just wrong...
Old 08-30-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
On mine...I've never had to take off the upper deck to access the diffs...
I think when I had the 2mm top deck I could get away with only unscrewing the screws at the end of the car I wanted to get the diff from because it would bend slightly, but with the 3mm top deck I can't do this. It's also quite fiddly to do that and I much prefer to take the top deck off totally as I find this easier. However, it doesn't matter how you do it on the Pro 4, the Cyclone looks very good for diff access
Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

yea i think the blocks spit and have a top half. which is really nice, taking apart a fk05 or 415 to get to the diff it basically dismantling half the car
Old 08-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobydo
Your missing my point, and my humor for that matter.
What I am saying is that when I got back into this hobby after a long layoff, I got a nice car in the Pro4.
Which at the time was expensive at $300. Not the most expensive, but not far off the rest. Fast forward 1 1/2 years later and the norm price is now $400.
All I'm saying is how long before they start pushing it to $500 and $600?
I'm also sure the release price will be somewhere in the neighborhood of the X-Ray. However, X-ray set a benchmark and we leveled up to it. How long before they test us again?
I couldn't agree more. This kit better be REAL close to the $300. mark. I'm not spending any more. Its HB's first electric tourer, for Pete's Sake! As I've said in the past, we need to be more critical of these new vehicles. I don't have to be the 1st person, at my track, to get one. I acted that way as a kid. I had to have the latest Nikes, when they hit the streets. Not anymore, friend. I'm older and wiser now. I let em' come out and then I wait em' out. The price always drops. The same holds true for anything new on the market - INCLUDING R/C cars. As a business, you can't make any money if, you can't move your product. I don't think Hot Bodies wants their new kits or any kits, for that matter, collecting dust on any hobby shop shelves. Do they?
Old 08-30-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Adept

The prices of these cars are out of control like gas prices! Keep it up guys thats how the hobby died off in the 80's!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

OH no...It's..It's.....It's...Sca..Scoo...Scooby Horton...What up Scoby
Old 09-01-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know what thickness the upper and lower decks are. Has Hara used this car on carpet yet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.