Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just last weekend I fitted my old xray FK05 carbon battery bar to my WCE cyclone. Fits rather well, imho. Just requires a countersunk hole drilled on each end of the battery compartment and voila. I was going to also use the battery stops linked in the quoted post by 2-bad, but haven't yet. In one huge impact on the weekend the battery came out, so I'll probably add them eventually (rather than, say, pad the bottom of the battery bar to make it tight on the cells). It's important not to have the strap tight and doing all the work keeping them in, or the car will tweak.

Recommended upgrade. Particularly for someone like me that happened to have xray parts lying around gathering dust. Throw away the tape for good!

Originally Posted by 2-Bad
Dave,
I've heard you can fit an X-ray battery strap with some modifications from one of there "annually released" cars (don't know which one), but I've never attempted this and don't know the procedure. Also these might be useful as well if you are contemplating this task.

Are you having trouble with tape? or just don't like it??
Old 05-09-2007, 06:24 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mangoman
You would be better off looking at some of the Square RC stuff.
Gotta site for the SQUARE R/C cyclone parts? Thanks!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.rc-square.com/

only that it is Japanese....
Old 05-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i ran the stock outdrives with a novak 3.5
I hopped up to the aluminum, first couple of minutes into the run, snapped the diff screw . Rear diff is still holding true and SPANKING dudes!
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Guy's
I really need your help on this one. I set my moorespeed up as Standard WCE setup. Now when I turn to the left the car has heaps of turn and under power throws the tail out.
But when I turn to the Right the car pushes and has understeer, I have checked the trow of the steering on the Hudy and it is spot on both ways. I am running a Orion Oscar Jansen 7x1 so there is alot of power there.
What should I look for to fix this problem.
I have set the springs by digital vernia callipers and they are spot on level. The droop and ride height is level, there is no tweek, should I add weight and if so where should I put it and how much should I add ?
Any help would be great.
Thanks In advance
Addam
Old 05-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

I was having issues with my car with it spinning out on power coming out of the corner. The only thing i can remember doing is stiffening up the rear.

But you might want to check the hinge pins, in the Pro 4 they used to get bent easily (thats the pins holding the arms onto the pivot blocks). If they are bent really badly you can see it when looking at the arms without pulling the pins out.

Actually i do recall changing out some of the hinge pins but dont remember when i did it.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mangoman
I was having issues with my car with it spinning out on power coming out of the corner. The only thing i can remember doing is stiffening up the rear.

But you might want to check the hinge pins, in the Pro 4 they used to get bent easily (thats the pins holding the arms onto the pivot blocks). If they are bent really badly you can see it when looking at the arms without pulling the pins out.

Actually i do recall changing out some of the hinge pins but dont remember when i did it.

Thanks Mango
The only concern is the car is new and it is that I get a different results for each direction I turn. Normally I would just change the set up to correct this but it is really different between left and right.
Thanks addam
Old 05-09-2007, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Addam,
Are you using a tweak station to determine you don't have tweak? Because it sounds like the chassis is tweaked to me....
Old 05-10-2007, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Check the ackerman on the server saver we spent ages recently trying to find a problem where the stering was uneven side to side and it was because one of the balls on the servo saver as unscrewed about 1mm.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TRFMAD
Hi Guy's
I really need your help on this one. I set my moorespeed up as Standard WCE setup. Now when I turn to the left the car has heaps of turn and under power throws the tail out.
But when I turn to the Right the car pushes and has understeer, I have checked the trow of the steering on the Hudy and it is spot on both ways. I am running a Orion Oscar Jansen 7x1 so there is alot of power there.
What should I look for to fix this problem.
I have set the springs by digital vernia callipers and they are spot on level. The droop and ride height is level, there is no tweek, should I add weight and if so where should I put it and how much should I add ?
Any help would be great.
Thanks In advance
Addam
Dude, I have the same problem and I tried every thing and still the same, at first the car was on, roll in the corners nice but after a few runs the car start acting up, I gave up and just put the car away, let me know if you find the problem.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

BTW has the car always been like that TRFMAD?
Old 05-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Tech Adept

TRFMAD,

Make sure your steering linkages are exactly the same length and that the steering arm is perfectly central when your wheels are straight. If they aren't then itll turn one way alot more than it will the other.

Hope this helps,

Phil.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

TRFMAD,

I had the same issue last weekend. what I found was that under full suspension squat or close to it the RR dog bone was binding up in the diff.
I was using the wrong axles in the rear.

hope this helps
Old 05-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
TRFMAD,

I had the same issue last weekend. what I found was that under full suspension squat or close to it the RR dog bone was binding up in the diff.
I was using the wrong axles in the rear.

hope this helps
Ron, I have the regular Cyclone and the dog bone I think is the same, I am running two diff the plastic one, I don't know the car was running real nice before I did break a few steering block but that is it, took everything apart and check for tweek and none, but the car would just bite hard when I am doing a 180deg corners and the rear would kick out, I realy like the car but just don't have the time to put into cars any more so I just put it aside, thank you.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Okay Guys
I found the problem , When I Replaced the standard front and rear hubs and knuckle arms with the Jet racing Aluminium ones I shimed the hubs to take any slop out. The problem was I did not check to see if they were binding. Well guess what the right hand side was, when I loosened it up the car was turning both ways with equal amount of a very slight understeer.
So thank you to all with your replies so much.
Arn't I a real idiot for not checking that out in the first place. When 2-bad asked about if i used a tweak station I did use my MIP one but that was before I just changed the hubs over the other night, And I did not check them again, I put it on the tweak station tonight and I straight away noticed that the arm was binding.
Thanks All so much, Great to know you can jump on here and get some great advice and service from fellow racers from all around the globe.
I owe you all a Free golf lesson.
Thanks
Addam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.